• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_ntpu6vPdxx1rzzj2xo1_400.gif

Ah shit, MGS V is about to drop on Tuesday.

I don't mind being mistaken for being younger than I am but don't come to my house ask me where my parents are and have me tell you that I own the place. and then come back the next week and tell my wife that you spoke to LIl faded last week.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I don't mind being mistaken for being younger than I am but don't come to my house ask me where my parents and have me tell you that I own the place. and then come back the next week and tell my wife that you spoke to LIl faded last week.
lmao

I mean, damn, that disrespect.

Village

It was during a podcast, at the the time all the konami info was coming out in bulk and the super bunny hop stuff.

And it was basically

" That implies konami cares about goodwill. And Konami could give a FUUUUUCK about your good will right now"

Works for snake in smash
Works for any mention of bomber man or contra
Works for pachinko
Works for the alleged work conditions inside konami
Works for anything konami related

Imm0rt4l

Anybody else here feeling it difficult to muster up any fucks to give kotch feeling alone and dejected or whatever with his 2 billion dollars? Boo fucking hoo.

Shy

It was during a podcast, at the the time all the konami info was coming out in bulk and the super bunny hop stuff.

And it was basically

" That implies konami cares about goodwill. And Konami could give a FUUUUUCK about your good will right now"

Works for snake in smash
Works for any mention of bomber man or contra
Works for pachinko
Works for the alleged work conditions inside konami
Works for anything konami related
Sounds about right.

Thanks.
Anybody else here feeling it difficult to muster up any fucks to give kotch feeling alone and dejected or whatever with his 2 billion dollars? Boo fucking hoo.
I feel bad for him, 2 billion or not.
I understand what he's going through, cause i feel the same thing and it's horrible.

Trey

nah. depression is no joke. it doesn't care if you're loaded like a king or not. And in notch's case, it contributes to his feelings of isolation.

Imm0rt4l

Sounds about right.

Thanks.

I feel bad for him, 2 billion or not.
I understand what he's going through, cause i feel the same thing and it's horrible.
"Met a girl, she chose a 'normal' guy over me." Sorry he sounds like an entitled asshole.

Africanus

Anybody else here feeling it difficult to muster up any fucks to give notch feeling alone and dejected or whatever with his 2 billion dollars? Boo fucking hoo.

I mean, I can understand to an extent his sadness. He can never be 100% trusting in the friends he makes again without a large effort because of his tidy sum.

However, he has the resources to alleviate any boredom he might have. Not to mention he didn't have to buy a 70 million $USD house (which is honestly a waste of money) or associate with as many upper-class elites as he did.

I'm not one to say capital is everything or can make one happy beyond anything, but it sounds as if he has not explored the depths of what he can do with his wealth before garnering those feelings.

Trey

people who come in to money all at once all talk about it. The isolation, the paranoia in how people view you once they know you have money, how people try to take advantage of you, family you never seen before popping out of the woodwork. Ballers, lottery winners all say similar stuff.

Difference is, Notch is notable in a large community. One that features people who will attack him for his wealth and stature in gaming. He was one of "us," now he's a rich guy, and people take him to task for it. People don't even allow him to be emote his frustations because he has too much money to do such, as they reckon.

That last point is the one I largely disagree with.

RP912

Banned
Money will never solve a permanent problem, but it can help out with a temporary situation. Folks kill me with this hatred towards rich people like they are in one big box because of a selected few that act like asses. They fail to understand that rich people are human too. They go through more than a broke person can even imagine. The paranoia of people in their social life that are using them for ulterior motives, the fear of somebody going after them for their riches, and etc. It's like this, I feel for Notch because dude getting it from so many angles from the internet making wild assumptions, his divorce, and dealing with the pressure of being rich.

On that note, I rather be financially stable and have a piece of mine over being rich as fuck and dealing with the problems associated with it.

ReiGun

Really need to figure out something to do about my social anxiety. I've always been thankful it isn't as bad as some folks (I do quite well in some situations like public speaking and I've never had a panic attack or anything), but with the way the last week has progressed, I know it's going to be a problem at my new job. Working in a school with kids, teachers, parents, etc. for the next year...the thought of it actually terrifies me on some level. And then I have these other projects I started going on...yeah. I really need to start seeing someone or figuring out some coping mechanisms.

Money will never solve a permanent problem, but it can help out with a temporary situation. Folks kill me with this hatred towards rich people like they are in one big box because of a selected few that act like asses. They fail to understand that rich people are human too. They go through more than a broke person can even imagine. The paranoia of people in their social life that are using them for ulterior motives, the fear of somebody going after them for their riches, and etc. It's like this, I feel for Notch because dude getting it from so many angles from the internet making wild assumptions, his divorce, and dealing with the pressure of being rich.

On that note, I rather be financially stable and have a piece of mine over being rich as fuck and dealing with the problems associated with it.

I feel you. It really doesn't matter where you fall on the economic scale; life has more than enough shit to throw your way. Some of us will have it easier than others, but everyone's got something to deal with. Still, I'd like to just be able to take care of myself. Being rich sounds miserable.

Really need to figure out something to do about my social anxiety. I've always been thankful it isn't as bad as some folks.

I really need to start seeing someone or figuring out some coping mechanisms.

see a shrink if possible, they may prescribe you some anti-anxiety pills.

ReiGun

see a shrink if possible, they may prescribe you some anti-anxiety pills.

Good idea. I'll check to see what my job offers as fair as mental health benefits, and I think there are a few free places in the area. No where that can prescribe me anything, but at least I can get some counseling.

people who come in to money all at once all talk about it. The isolation, the paranoia in how people view you once they know you have money, how people try to take advantage of you, family you never seen before popping out of the woodwork. Ballers, lottery winners all say similar stuff.

Difference is, Notch is notable in a large community. One that features people who will attack him for his wealth and stature in gaming. He was one of "us," now he's a rich guy, and people take him to task for it. People don't even allow him to be emote his frustrations because he has too much money to do such, as they reckon.

That last point is the one I largely disagree with.

I don't know about that. One of my uncles could be rich, but no one would know because he doesn't contact the rest of the fam. In a lottery state where they make you take the pic, yeah that's unavoidable there. Shit, I didn't know quite how much money my cousin had until my mother came back with pics from her wedding. That's Shaquille O'Neal balling right there, possibly even more baller. No one I know from the family has been on the bug tip since then as far as I know and some want to avoid the other in the fam.

I'd rather be rich as fuck tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom