• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

IDK, do you still beat your wife?

pls note this is a masturbation joke in an attempt to deride your social awkwardness, physical unattractiveness and general unlikablity

it also works as a suicidal joke, so double clever points

akira28

appreciators are not necessarily fanatics, neither are curators, or afficionados. Neither of those is inherently co-relative with fandom.

If you consider yourself a fanatic and you claim a fandom, then that's you. But I've learned that you can't be grouped in externally, its something you have to opt in to. If we're being accurate.

I mean you can still call anyone whatever.

Malyse

pls note this is a masturbation joke in an attempt to deride your social awkwardness, physical unattractiveness and general unlikablity

Aww! The resident fuckboy doesn't approve of me. Whatever shall I do? Go be irrelevant and worthless somewhere else.

akira28

erotic.. violence?

that's not how this works. that's not how any of this works!

Sinbad in on the short list of comedians I have seen live and have taken dates to. so if that's not some level of success, I dont know what is.

at some point you want to be able to walk into the Churches Chicken without being mobbed because you're famous. You want to be mobbed because it looks like you might actually buy a mix tape.

edit: JC how does that work as a suicidal joke?

Furyous

Yikes. This reminds of that one time a fellow fan of a sports team tried to win Brownie points (SEE WHAT I DID THERE?) by attacking me on a message board trying to gain upvotes and failed miserably. Dude talked about character issues, something called a shitpost, defended Johnny Manziel, and was real annoying until I pointed out I've been a fan of the team longer than he's been alive, come from a far rougher place in said city he can't go to, and appreciate all of his attention.

Those were the damn beginnings of good times.

Yeah fuckery levels on the max in here.

D i Z

Had another interview today with a local fast food joint. I don't think this one went well. The interviewer seemed disinterested when he found out I didn't have any restaurant experience and I've recently been doing office-type work, which I'd think he already knew since he had my resume.
Went to the temp service I had worked that one day for to collect my check and to see if they had something else for me since they never called me back like they said they were. That place is unorganized as fuck. Woman forgot I emailed her my transcript and resume and about some shit she offered me before and I got to wait to talk to somebody else for a skilled position next week because she wasn't in today. I've almost had enough from them.

Keep your head up. It might be time to introduce yourself to another temp agency in the meantime tho.

I see it as

Fandom = greater totality of fan groups / communities, hence fandom

Fan groups / fan clubs / fan communities = subsets of overall fandom, e.g. SmashGAF compared to Smash fandom

tl;dr Malyse "let's see how many OT threads I can make today in hopes of pissing off the OT populace" Mouse stays losing

Purdy much.

Fuck.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Wait what?
tumblr_inline_ncjfuaM0Oi1ssfkce.png

Yep, that's him.

Shy

On the subject of Law and Order Cyborg Japan. I was watching arise, wow that isn't as good as the other ones. They even retconned cool sniper dudes back story , who in stand alone complex, was a damn sniper wolf boss battle. To him being a hired gun. Just... aaaah.
Ugghhh. Fucking Arise.
There was a 2nd movie after SAC and 2nd gig that I think was pretty good, probably because it was just a long episode.

I really like SAC and 2nd gig.
I got SSS on Blu-ray. Really liked it.
Damm. That sucks. :(

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Just saw the one with the storage unit

That's a real fucked up thing to do, Amethyst.

Village

Like why did arise did to exist, I really like ghost in the shell, but there was no point of going back, SAC and 2nd gig went back just enough so people could stay cool. And then arise makes everyone un cool

Also watching The JOJO Eye's Of heaven combination attacks, holy shit.

GitS needs to make Arise it's GT and give us Super.

That thing they still sell and advertise, in video games, because despite being mostly shit it had the coolest super saiyan transformation? Calling arise GT gives it too much credit, because they can still sell GT and they do.

Arise made everyone less cool .

Like why did arise did to exist, I really like ghost in the shell, but there was no point of going back, SAC and 2nd gig went back just enough so people could stay cool. And then arise makes everyone un cool

That thing they still sell and advertise, in video games, because despite being mostly shit it had the coolest super saiyan transformation? Calling arise GT gives it too much credit, because they can still sell GT and they do.

Prequels. (Almost) always a bad idea.

Malyse

In the sense of tossing it out of canon.

And we don't love Super Saiyan Rainbow?

Village

Prequels. (Almost) always a bad idea.

i wont say that, there are many a prequel story I enjoy, he'll i'm clocking in hours in borderlands the pre-sequel. ( Aurulia da bess) . But when the characters orgins could stay vauge in all honesty don't particularly matter as far as appeals go. Then don't, do it. Like unless you can do it super good than don't.

Its why mgs3 works and while I like mgs5 on a gameplay level outside of kind of explaining MG1 and MG2, and possibly confirming the connection between MGS and ZOE well more than rising did, Mgs5 and peace walker didn't, story wise need to happen. The handshake moment at the end of mgs 3 was sorta enough, like yeah we get miller, I dunno. I don't think miller or Huey were worth it. Like the the only important info in mgs 5
is 60 minutes of tape you get at the very end of the game.
You gotta play through way more video game to get to that point. So if you are making a prequel, make sure its worth it.

akira28

I wonder if real pic affects how people reply to my posts.

everyone in the bct has had their realpic moment.

we have our own calendar though and that's not really one of our holidays.

edit: while amusing and informative I'm sure to the bct studies course over at fuckboys.com, I don't think any of us here would be who were are today if we were susceptible to shade. Or liable to respond to any unfair negative constructive criticisms with anything other than middle fingers and free mushroom stamp vouchers, renewable anywhere anytime. I don't suspect Dreamy to be any different. So while I'm not really addressing the whole days of our lives, lets not make it a weekly episode.

edit edit:
unless you can explain to me how that works as a suicidal joke goddammit.

akira28

how did that shiar get herself a 'black baby'?

does she know how dangerous that thing can be? or maybe she does. she looks like she has plans.

Top Bottom