• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Haven't seen the movie, but it seems like it was pretty well received. Even with the inherenet problem of people still fucking with dinosaurs after hundreds have gotten eaten.

Man that was a good time.
Jurrasic World is to
Jurassic Park fanfic
as SW7 is to
SW4 fanfic
so I dunno why they're mad

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Previously my main exposure to Tomb Raider has been through the "Legend" trilogy of games, which I thought were great but with some flaws.

So I decided to go and play the original Tomb Raider from 1996, since I got it from the last Humble Bundle.

The controls are taking some getting used to. This is from before everybody figured out analog sticks, so the controls are digital and clunky. More than anything else, it controls like the original Prince of Persia game, but in 3D. Same emphasis on deliberate animations and careful platforming, similar types of actions (run by default, hold a button to walk, press a button to grab a ledge as you fall, etc.) but it doesn't work quite as well in 3D space. I haven't quite gotten used to the combat either. First impression is that it's garbage, but it's really only there to break up the exploration a bit, to make things feel dangerous.

I think I like it.

andthebeatgoeson

Previously my main exposure to Tomb Raider has been through the "Legend" trilogy of games, which I thought were great but with some flaws.

So I decided to go and play the original Tomb Raider from 1996, since I got it from the last Humble Bundle.

The controls are taking some getting used to. This is from before everybody figured out analog sticks, so the controls are digital and clunky. More than anything else, it controls like the original Prince of Persia game, but in 3D. Same emphasis on deliberate animations and careful platforming, similar types of actions (run by default, hold a button to walk, press a button to grab a ledge as you fall, etc.) but it doesn't work quite as well in 3D space. I haven't quite gotten used to the combat either. First impression is that it's garbage, but it's really only there to break up the exploration a bit, to make things feel dangerous.

I think I like it.
It was great in 1996 but probably shit tier now. I want to replay it but I know it will terrible.

I think I like it.
itried too recently but i cant do it. the controls are faaaaar too 90's for me. im too old for that shit now lol

FreeMufasa

Nuff people are getting bodied in that German gang assault thread.

Get used to it, euros. Crime ridden inner cities are your future now. Join the party.

Maybe now youll stop acting holier than thou when shitting on whites in america for bailing the fuck out to the suburbs.

Gattsu25

Banned
Yikes. Didn't think it was possible to know so little about crime or White Flight but dudes always gotta surprise to make sure you know there's still some work to be done

It's still happening. It's just called good schools.

aZ8nGRF.png
MPfezqF.png
e1PLyLX.jpg

JLynn

Let me get this right. So there's a group of Star Wars fans, many who famously said George Lucas raped my childhood and were ecstatic that he sold off Lucasfilm to Disney, petitioning to have George Lucas return to write and produce more Star Wars movies?

Something in the water does not compute.

Gattsu25

Banned
Let me get this right. So there's a group of Star Wars fans, many who famously said George Lucas raped my childhood and were ecstatic that he sold off Lucasfilm to Disney, petitioning to have George Lucas return to write and produce more Star Wars movies?

These fretful people are fickle, forgetful, and foolish. Forget them for your own sanity.

Numb

Don't pay attention to Star Wars fanboys
Don't pay attention to any fanboys

People talking about the raping of their childhoods aren't going to be rational.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
itried too recently but i cant do it. the controls are faaaaar too 90's for me. im too old for that shit now lol

I cannot express the degree to which the game is literally Prince of Persia. Just got to the first real vertical platforming section, and it's exactly the same, down to the collapsing floors you have to run across. I have to check, but it might even be using the same sound effect.

I will say that the game at least gives you the tools to be precise, even if it doesn't actually feel fun to move around.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

I think I like it.

People always want to point out the outdated character models of the original Tomb Raider games but truth be told they had some of platforming and level designs of their time. Although less fluid the gameplay is right up there with Super Mario 64 imo.
Been meaning to pick up the original trilogy on psn but I keep missing the sales.

Slayven

These petition are always hilarious

Taking lessons from Nathan''murderer'' Drake. Those death scenes are too much tho.
Got the Uncharted collection from the library today. Mostly to see the looks.

Who was sitting in on meetings saying "Nah she should squirm and scream more, and put more blood in there"

This might be more for Numb and other anime BCTers: so the rumored new Gurren Lagann project that people were getting excited by turned out to be a pachinko machine!?

oLKWWuf.gif

Numb

This might be more for Numb and other anime BCTers: so the rumored new Gurren Lagann project that people were getting excited by turned out to be a pachinko machine!?

oLKWWuf.gif

Pachinko has taken too much from the world. Too much.
It's no longer surprising but still sad

Malyse

I image the Hunger Games situation was a hell of an education. Wish it happened to someone that deserves it like Stacy, Raven, or Dougie E Doug

Dude rides for the X-men movies, lets not get crazy

Hell, Raven /dresses/ like she's from the Capitol in the Hunger Games, most of the time now.

Also: Poor Doug E. Doug. I wonder if him and Sinbad ever go to Jamba Juice, kick back a few smoothies, and reminisce about the good ol days.

Slayven

Hell, Raven /dresses/ like she's from the Capitol in the Hunger Games, most of the time now.

Also: Poor Doug E. Doug. I wonder if him and Sinbad ever go to Jamba Juice, kick back a few smoothies, and reminisce about the good ol days.

I am imagining you saying "I am not trying to be funny and I don't mean no harm" before typing that

I watched the Sinbad realty show where they talked about how broke he is now.

Top Bottom