• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

akira28

Any Souls veterans in here? Is Dark Souls II a decent starting point?

only follow my advice if you're on PC.
just go to DS2 SOTFS and if you like that a lot, go back to DS1 and get the dsfix so it doesn't look like crap. They're both great fun that way. But DS2 is more current and meatier, but if you love that, then DS1 will be like a fine dessert. You can play them in either order and they're so self-referential that its the same images and touchstones repeated in both, you end up with the same whole story either direction you go.

That's an interesting opinion. "Good time"

some people really enjoy the intense pain and suffering and fight or flight and repetitive masochistic deaths that are signature of the Souls games.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Any Souls veterans in here? Is Dark Souls II a decent starting point?

It's ok.

what's your favorite current or last gen system right now ?

If ps4 go bloodborne.
If xbox one wait for dark souls 3.
If ps3 start with demons souls and work your way up.
If xbox360 or pc start with dark souls and work your way up.

edit: I remember when I was the only negro playing the souls games in here at one point. Now so many have seen the light of the sun. Miyazaki bless these nonbelievers.

only follow my advice if you're on PC.
just go to DS2 SOTFS and if you like that a lot, go back to DS1 and get the dsfix so it doesn't look like crap. They're both great fun that way. But DS2 is more current and meatier, but if you love that, then DS1 will be like a fine dessert. You can play them in either order and they're so self-referential that its the same images and touchstones repeated in both, you end up with the same whole story either direction you go.

NG+ on Dark Souls 2 has more impact if you play Dark Souls 1 first but that's it really.

ACTUALLY, play Dark Souls 1 first.

Dark Souls 2 will spoil
the existence of certain enemies like Manus.

andthebeatgoeson

Still can't believe that happened...

I feel bad for that kicker tbh.

I feel worse for the holder.

may get traded.
If they fuck with the kicker, they are dumb. It's an L, keep it moving. The holder did it twice, I'm going to blame the cold. And no one coached him up on the sideline, even tho the whole country saw it on replay, the first time around.

That the coach.

That's a DLC boss anyway who doesn't really get spoiled. Really, if you encounter that boss fresh the way DS1 goes, nothing really gets spoiled does it? They're intentionally vague like that.

If you're playing it on PC it's included. And they outright spoil it what with
the four pieces of him running around
Dark Souls 2...

The importance of stopping
Queen Nashandra is lessened if you don't know what being a part of Manus means for the world.

akira28

Technically you're right, but the pieces are literally purple glowy things you need a written description to even comprehend in game. and you may still end up needing to look it up on the internet. encountering plot devices from some generic ancient evil don't tell you much about what happens in and around and
below
the land of
Oolacile
. Encountering that for the first time you will still not know what is going on, even though it will look familiar... slightly familiar.

and no one noticed the floating humanities from Ooolacile are literally looking out at you from inside the giant's heads in DS2. I've see no mention of that anywhere.

Technically you're right, but the pieces are literally purple glowy things you need a written description to even comprehend in game. and you may still end up needing to look it up on the internet. encountering plot devices from some generic ancient evil don't tell you much about what happens in and around and
below
the land of
Oolacile
. Encountering that for the first time you will still not know what is going on, even though it will look familiar... slightly familiar.

and no one noticed the floating humanities from Ooolacile are literally looking out at out at you from inside the giant's heads in DS2. I've see no mention of that anywhere.

Glowy things?
I'm talking about the final boss lol. She's literally a piece of Manus, it even says so in item descriptions! Along with the three other pieces who serve as bosses/Macguffins in the DLC. Manus is probably the most important character from Dark Souls 1 simply because of how integrated he is into the plot of Dark Souls 2.

Africanus

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=191822298&posted=1#post191822298

This article is going to every black cop I know. Don't think for one second that a badge means they hate your ass any less.

I'm conflicted.
On the one hand I feel that everyone involved in the killing should be brought to trial, and this is one of the people.
On the other hand, she is a clear scape goat, the charges are much more amplified than they perhaps would be in a regular instance, and the true killers are still enjoying their paying jobs.

In summary, I never had hope that Garner would get justice, and this doesn't seem to be it.

akira28

if you want to wrap yourself in the lore and linearity, start with Ds1, like I said, it won't take you that long. even with the dlc. 2 is a better game, though 1 is a nice setup for 2
even though Manus wasn't even included in the base game

In my opinion they did that deliberately. I don't think, unless you really uphold the linearity of the story, (that they give most of to you in broken pieces in no particular order in the first place) that going backwards really spoils anything other than a name and the existence of a thing.

purple glowy things = Nashy's soul and Velstadt and the throne watchers all have purple souls.

if you want to wrap yourself in the lore and linearity, start with Ds1, like I said, it won't take you that long. even with the dlc. 2 is a better game, though 1 is a nice setup for 2
even though Manus wasn't even included in the base game

In my opinion they did that deliberately. I don't think, unless you really uphold the linearity of the story, (that they give most of to you in broken pieces in no particular order in the first place) that going backwards really spoils anything other than a name and the existence of a thing.

Artorias of the Abyss is cut content... Most of the end game areas are unfinished... We know why it wasn't in the base game. The existence of a thing is a pretty big spoiler.

Cariba Heine?
Un1fI1x.gif

Charlize..

akira28

You go outside in the snow..right? I know the streets can get "snow white" in the winter up there lol..I always feel alone as fuck.

When I go out in -13 degree weather, it's to kill a bear, not to smell the roses.

As I got older I began to like the cold less and less. I like layers, wool, insulation, isotoner gloves

You plum crazy.
Cold>heat any day.
When I go out in -13 degree weather, it's to kill a bear, not to smell the roses.

As I got older I began to like the cold less and less. I like layers, wool, insulation, isotoner gloves
I guess it's based on all these years in the south. I can't stand the heat. I can't sleep unless it's an icebox. The girls can't stand it.
SiN92.gif

------------------

951.gif
That's what's up..

Slayven

I'm trying to find a way to use this gif of Daisy Ridley winking, but I haven't found the appropriate situation yet

Context: John Boyega arrived to a panel on CPT time

I know a slurs fan ain't talking. Congratulations on winning the worst fuckin division in the NFL

she looks like a baby Angelina Jolie.

Was Chi-raq discussed in my absence? What was y'alls opinions? I'll say it was better than expected, and I'm glad them Oregon boys decided to take it's example lol..
a joke, since idiots lurk..

LionPride

Banned
I got to this point and was like...was he being chased? Was he running after the bus? Because otherwise he wouldn't be running outside into 20 degree weather No you were jogging in 20 degree weather. For fun.
Rugby season starts up, gotta get back in shape

TheFlow

Banned
I am still salty the Bengals lost by a field goal. Watching Hill break down and cry was rough to watch.

I think the game would of had less fumbles for sure if it wasn't for that rain

PInk Tape

Banned
Whenever I see the "Post your Phone Home Screen" thread, I get the urge to change up the customization options on my phone and I have no idea why.

I feel worse for the holder.

may get traded.

That's sucks. I doubt it was his fault; I blame the frigid weather if anything.

I Ran outside in 20 degree weather brehs. Couldn't feel my hands or face or tongue. Ain't ran in 4 months, my legs are jelly

You're braver than me.

I couldn't even go outside for more than ten minutes today >.>

Top Bottom