• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
backed. repping that Akan lineage.

how about magical girl X, licensing is a bitch, when instead you can steal themes like a master.

Yeah I always thought games like 101 and viewtiful Joe were heavily inspired by power rangers and stuff. Could be wrong though.

akira28

well I'm guessing he meant like as in, recently, and in the same vein as a Naruto or DBZ game, ie 3rd person adventure or 3d fighter beatem-up.

kermittea.gif

ReiGun

How has no one made a Sailor Moon or Power Rangers game? Those have to be at least as popular as Dragon Ball Z and Naruto.

Sailor Moon had an awesomely bullshit fighting game on the SNES. Mainly it was bullshit because Uranus was busted.

Then they made a sequel...and she was still dumb.

Malyse

You did not do your research did you? How did you not think to open up Google and Wikipedia for minute before coming here? :p

well I'm guessing he meant like as in, recently, and in the same vein as a Naruto or DBZ game, ie 3rd person adventure or 3d fighter beatem-up.

kermittea.gif

Yup. I've played those but they don't sate my modern sensabilities. Plus, there are entirely new design concepts that weren't realized then. For example, Persona styled handling of dual identity and the option of a fully realized open world. Either would work as a MMO or Monster Hunter/PSO style game with highly customizable characters.
Though really, a Pretty Cure game would be much better, what with the DBZ fight scenes and all.

Sailor Moon had an awesomely bullshit fighting game on the SNES. Mainly it was bullshit because Uranus was busted.

heh.

Malyse

I will say that Kill la Kill has one of the best soundtracks to any anime ever. Kyousougiga is a close follower.

Also has my all time favorite sociopath

Kicko

NegroGaf, I know I'm not a regular here, but I'm in need of your assistance. I've been posting on this site for quite a while now, and have gone avatar-less for the most part. Anyways, I need a nice avy to showcase and represent myself. I was leaning towards 'Huey' from the Boondocks, as his personality is more in sync with mine. Sadly, he's too popular of a 'face' on the internet. Something unique and obscure is desired, but not mandatory. It must be, however, a strong representative and/or reflection of black American culture. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Be creative for me Gaf, and thanks in advance.

Malyse

NegroGaf, I know I'm not a regular here, but I'm in need of your assistance. I've been posting on this site for quite a while now, and have gone avatar-less for the most part. Anyways, I need a nice avy to showcase and represent myself. I was leaning towards 'Huey' from the Boondocks, as his personality is more in sync with mine. Sadly, he's too popular of a 'face' on the internet. Something unique and obscure is desired, but not mandatory. It must be, however, a strong representative and/or reflection of black American culture. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390648

Alternatively, just crop an image. Mine is just Amy cropped down.

Marvel is turning into one of THOSE studios...

lR9HHYu.png

Dereck

Edgar Wright fans so salty

You need jesus

Dude..why? WHY?

It is like Marvel shitted in their cheerios and fucking their girl.

Little by little this place is going to make me dislike a person I really like..it's insane. ALMOST as insane as people wanting zero Thanos in the damn movie leading up to the final fight. What?
Tellll me what happened, let me get in the huddle

Edgar Wright, obviously..

that would be sad, he's god-tier tbh. he didn't ask for people to whine on his behalf either.

but yeah marvel studios mostly ain't shit imo. kinda disappointed coogler is in the fold there, but if he can deliver a cool action movie that would be great. plus it's a pretty big deal for diversity's sake as well. a much better fit than ava duvernay, i dunno why they even bothered asking her.

LionPride

Banned
that would be sad, he's god-tier tbh. he didn't ask for people to whine on his behalf either.

but yeah marvel studios mostly ain't shit imo. kinda disappointed coogler is in the fold there, but if he can deliver a cool action movie that would be great. plus it's a pretty big deal for diversity's sake as well. a much better fit than ava duvernay, i dunno why they even bothered asking her.
Wait, you're favorite movie is X-Men DOFP. For that reason alone I feel as if your opinion means a lot less

akira28

spirit quest nigga. don't come back without your avatar. and don't ask nobody else or else you're out.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Lmao akira giving out spirit quests
Heh heh...Uranus was busted.

like Ava Devine

I hate that I know what this is referring to.
This exchange was hilarious.
I hate it when people cook shit and constantly ask me how it was. If it sucks I'll tell you till then just calm down.
Yeah, it's that look they give you before you've even one chew into the first bite.

"It's the worst thing I've ever tasted. Now hush so I can finish eating."

jmood88

Edgar Wright fans so salty
Edgar Wright is one of my top 5 favorite directors and I was mad when he left Ant-Man but people need to let it go. I doubt that any of them even really care all that much about him, they just want another reason to whine in a MCU thread.

Edgar Wright is one of my top 5 favorite directors and I was mad when he left Ant-Man but people need to let it go. I doubt that any of them even really care all that much about him, they just want another reason to whine in a MCU thread.
I'm thinking you've got something there..
those threads were something else. so many people dumping on ant man in various ways after wright left
It's just lame. Movie was fine.

LionPride

Banned
Niggas just want to hate on Marvel movies at this point, it's cooler to hate the popular shit than to actually like something. Then I remember GAF is full of man-children who don't have social skills in the slightest.

Top Bottom