• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Kreed

I just don't understand what makes posters think threads like that are a good idea unless you have no understanding of the forum. Like this dude had to have just gotten off of some online app where a girl he was looking at had "curvy" in her profile and decided to vent on GAF without thinking at all. The topic completely ignores the existence of women on the forum, both in how he directs the question in a "hey guys, you ever had this problem" fashion and how the question itself implies only women do what he's claiming. Then he posts up a picture of women in lingerie that he himself says isn't an example of what he's talking about just to post it and shame some of the women in the picture for showing off their bodies. Multiple "I'm not shaming fat people, but...." warnings. Almost anime avatar to make the bad stereotype worse. I swear some people need instruction manuals on how to communicate.

andthebeatgoeson

I'm considered obese. 6'3, 220 plus. I'm down 12 pounds. And doctors are checking pre diabetes more aggressively.

I'm not reading that thread because I can guess. But a lot of people may do well to drop x amount of pounds. But that's a personal decision.

Not for someone looking in from there outside.

I'm doing 1800 calories per day. It's tough. But I had to aim lower. Because I'm cheating every day. I'm just always hungry.

And it doesn't help that there are 40 different answers online about how many calories you need. I've seen 2000 to 3000 calories (that us government website). Not helpful.

Malyse

I just don't understand what makes posters think threads like that are a good idea unless you have no understanding of the forum. Like this dude had to have just gotten off of some online app where a girl he was looking at had "curvy" in her profile and decided to vent on GAF without thinking at all. The topic completely ignores the existence of women on the forum, both in how he directs the question in a "hey guys, you ever had this problem" fashion and how the question itself implies only women do what he's claiming. Then he posts up a picture of women in lingerie that he himself says isn't an example of what he's talking about just to post it and shame some of the women in the picture for showing off their bodies. Multiple "I'm not shaming fat people, but...." warnings. Almost anime avatar to make the bad stereotype worse. I swear some people need instruction manuals on how to communicate.

so, how much are you looking forward to Black History Month?

EDIT: Guys, he was just being a devil's advocate
which is still not a bannable offense.

Slayven

Yeah saw that and didn't even click. It was bound to be closed. Just the title goes from shit to fuck shit .

One of the main reasons I knew I had to stay away from that topic. Essentially the topic from the outset seemed to be, "Since these plus sized women already seem confident in their bodies appearance wise enough to become models, let's use the healthy and unhealthy angles to judge and critique them." The OP is like, "I'm not trying to hate but this bothers me" and it's just like, unless you're the primary care physician of all these women, what they decide to call themselves shouldn't get your dander up. And I never buy that, "well little girls and boys are seeing this and saying that they're not fat". Responsibility for care of one's body falls on the individual. These girls don't owe society to tattoo their obese/non-obese status on their body.

Slayven

One of the main reasons I knew I had to stay away from that topic. Essentially the topic from the outset seemed to be, "Since these plus sized women already seem confident in their bodies appearance wise enough to become models, let's use the healthy and unhealthy angles to judge and critique them." The OP is like, "I'm not trying to hate but this bothers me" and it's just like, unless you're the primary care physician of all these women, what they decide to call themselves shouldn't get your dander up. And I never buy that, "well little girls and boys are seeing this and saying that they're not fat". Responsibility for care of one's body falls on the individual. These girls don't owe society to tattoo their obese/non-obese status on their body.

Concern trolling at it's finest

Numb

I'm considered obese. 6'3, 220 plus. I'm down 12 pounds. And doctors are checking pre diabetes more aggressively.

I'm not reading that thread because I can guess. But a lot of people may do well to drop x amount of pounds. But that's a personal decision.

Not for someone looking in from there outside.

I'm doing 1800 calories per day. It's tough. But I had to aim lower. Because I'm cheating every day. I'm just always hungry.

And it doesn't help that there are 40 different answers online about how many calories you need. I've seen 2000 to 3000 calories (that us government website). Not helpful.
Keep up the good work. Not cheating is hard. 6', 164 here. Gained 11lbs over the holiday break from stopping everything.
Wanna have a goal of 144 but that might be too much.

Saw that thread and did't even bother either.

jmood88

I'm a little scared of all these people going to watch Fruitvale Station because Ryan Coogler is directing Black Panther. There's gonna be all kinds of "I don't think it was the police officer's fault" threads, I can already see them.

Dude..you're starving yourself. You're not Shy's height. What does MyFitnessPal recommend for your daily intake? As for the constant hunger, how much water are you drinking? When you feel hunger creeping up drink about 8-10 ounces of water..it helps a ton. Helps more if you're constantly drinking water in general.

LionPride

Banned
I'm a little scared of all these people going to watch Fruitvale Station because Ryan Coogler is directing Black Panther. There's gonna be all kinds of "I don't think it was the police officer's fault" threads, I can already see them.

I actually haven't seen Fruitvale because I wanna wait to have my hate all white people weekend when I'm out of school

Slayven

With every post Imm0rt4l makes, he leaves some of his ki behind

Killing intent levels too high for lesser negroes to post

827999-bushmastercruz1.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1169562
Shit just got real

"Is Coogler planning on painting White Americans in Black Panther as unfairly as he paints cops in Fruitvale Station? Because if so I think I'll hold on to my money until the next Marvel movie."

Dereck

I love this post.

Been playing Dishonored for the past week & noticed that the only Black people in the game are Thugs but... you never actually have to fight them & if you don't do the side missions you'll never even see them.

andthebeatgoeson

Keep up the good work. Not cheating is hard. 6', 164 here. Gained 11lbs over the holiday break from stopping everything.
Wanna have a goal of 144 but that might be too much.
Do you but man, I can't even imagine that.
Dude..you're starving yourself. You're not Shy's height. What does MyFitnessPal recommend for your daily intake? As for the constant hunger, how much water are you drinking? When you feel hunger creeping up drink about 8-10 ounces of water..it helps a ton. Helps more if you're constantly drinking water in general.
It's saying 1840 calories to lose 2 lbs per week. If I go any higher, I'm not losing any weight. I wonder if it's my metabolism/prediabetes. If I assumed for 2100, nothing. For 4 months. I lost 6 lbs quick and nothing else.

Do you but man, I can't even imagine that.

It's saying 1840 calories to lose 2 lbs per week. If I go any higher, I'm not losing any weight. I wonder if it's my metabolism/prediabetes. If I assumed for 2100, nothing. For 4 months. I lost 6 lbs quick and nothing else.
What are you eating, generally? Soups? Beans? Beef? Pork? Also, how much water a day?

You people are crazy with this counting calories shit

Steps to lose weight without doing any extra
Step one take what you typically eat
Step 2 eat only 75-80% of that
Step 3 repeat step 1

Speed up process by adding 15 minutes of running between stpe 2 and 3 if you're impatient

Numb

144 is insanity to me. Holy shit..

Was thinking maybe i could ease up after reaching there since i can't stay of my actual goal of 154 for long. Climb back up to 160-70 each time and stay there. Maybe if i was i 144 i could climb up to 150 and stay there instead. Seems real hard tho.

Step 3 repeat step 1

Speed up process by adding 15 minutes of running between stpe 2 and 3 if you're impatient
This is what i did and it worked plus exchanging the remaining amount of food that was junk to healthy and training

Step 3 repeat step 1

It ain't hard to count. It's hard to keep counting. When I'm on "healthy" mode I eat anything I want, while my wife looks at me like an asshole..because I ride 50+ miles almost every day. I burn over 3000 a ride.

I don't look at riding like anything extra, personally. I ride everywhere anyway. Kinda used to it. People hated visiting in DC because ain't no one driving anywhere. Better jump on a bike!

Top Bottom