• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

One of my favorite restaurants just opened up 5 minutes away from me.
Damn this gumbo good as hell

6e098841b4924a9e105f8a87c40c3254.gif

akira28

3 thoughts.

Project Sampson, the hidden elite 1%'s plan to co-opt all outstanding minority voices and actors by surrounding them, exposing them to certain things, and asking them certain questions. Assaulting them psychologically with acceptance and veiled reproach at the same time, turning them with new experiences and souring their growth by poisoning their ears, like some kind of ill benefactor.

also, why did they make the new Amanda Waller so sexy?

and also, maybe we haven't met her mother yet, Mrs. Waller? (bring her back yall.)

Malyse

Put a game on hold at GameStop

Get the confirmation that they are holding it.

Go to pick up the game

They ain't got it.

I'm sorry, what?

Put the wrong game in the sleeve and only have one copy. Fucking clown shoes.

Welp, I needed the reminder of why I don't fuck with them.

Put a game on hold at GameStop

Get the confirmation that they are holding it.

Go to pick up the game

They ain't got it.

I'm sorry, what?

Put the wrong game in the sleeve and only have one copy. Fucking clown shoes.

Welp, I needed the reminder of why I don't fuck with them.

Proud to say it's been 2 years since I've set foot in a GameStop. Do places like Best Buy allow for holding games? That might be a better option in the future

LOL

Do places like Best Buy allow for holding games? That might be a better option in the future

Best Buy holds pre-orders when they come in for 6-7 days (I honestly forget). You can also call them and ask them to hold onto an item in general, but it's store-by-store, and they can only do it until the end of the day.

Best Buy holds pre-orders when they come in for 6-7 days (I honestly forget). You can also call them and ask them to hold onto an item in general, but it's store-by-store, and they can only do it until the end of the day.

Thanks! I'll hold onto that. Might not need to buy anything physical until the NX is out but I'll try my luck with BB.

shingi70

Banned
Katana putting in work and dissing Oliver every chance she got were highlights of the season.

Basically she got the Sword in her hand and went Shao Khan on niggas. Her and Rey kempt me in the show.

Man my grandma is defending cosby saying this is only coming up due to his bid to buy NBC and there was no way a black man could rape a white woman in the 70s/80s without being buried underground.

Then some woman doing surveys got super angry at me and a coworker of mine at the bus stop. She asked to sign one of those shadey looking petions and I said I'm not registered to vote and she went off on us and got into this big argument wih my buddy about this is why the whites, Chinese and Arabs are doing better then us.

It was weird most people I tell I'm not registered to vote say nothing of it and keep it moving. This woman pretty much defeated the point of me lying to save time with conversations I don't want to have.

Which Jay Z verse is the worst?

Monster

or

Ha (remix)

Go.

If you have to pick one, Ha. Monster has some lines in it.

Oh GOPBlackchick, she been at this for a while, and I thought she learned her lesson. But seems she is going harder.

Doubling down works for Trump, so...

Thanks! I'll hold onto that. Might not need to buy anything physical until the NX is out but I'll try my luck with BB.

Probably won't need to buy anything physical then either.

Not even joking, pawns always made me feel uncomfortable. My entire motivation for wanting co-op tbh.

The concept is fine, the execution of it? Nah.
Call them companions and give them a personality like D3 or multiple other games.
Or just include co-op and do away with the nonsense.

Then some woman doing surveys got super angry at me and a coworker of mine at the bus stop. She asked to sign one of those shadey looking petions and I said I'm not registered to vote and she went off on us and got into this big argument wih my buddy about this is why the whites, Chinese and Arabs are doing better then us.

Normally, I'll just tell them I'm not interested. Sometimes, I'll say they have 20 seconds to convince me it's worth signing (0% thus far).
I was bored one day and got into an argument with one of these folks about Obama's actual record.
It's only a lot of fun if you enjoy using facts to battle irrationality.

3 thoughts.

Project Sampson, the hidden elite 1%'s plan to co-opt all outstanding minority voices and actors by surrounding them, exposing them to certain things, and asking them certain questions. Assaulting them psychologically with acceptance and veiled reproach at the same time, turning them with new experiences and souring their growth by poisoning their ears, like some kind of ill benefactor.

also, why did they make the new Amanda Waller so sexy?

and also, maybe we haven't met her mother yet, Mrs. Waller? (bring her back yall.)

My thoughts on the "thinifcation" of Amanda Waller (please note that I love OG Waller):

1) The Nu52 people seemed obsessed on making everyone sexy (see the Starfire controversy). This could also be the reason for the CW version of Waller.

2) They were afraid of a controversy if they used a Black BBW for Waller. "Oh no, the public is going to yell at us for putting a fat black loud woman in a comic book/comic book movie!"

3) They were trying to make her look more like Angela Basset, who played Waller in Green Lantern. I think they were trying to make Waller the human hub of the DC cinematic universe, in the same way that Nick Fury has that role in the MCU.

It was weird most people I tell I'm not registered to vote say nothing of it and keep it moving. This woman pretty much defeated the point of me lying to save time with conversations I don't want to have.

You were never going to win that argument with that woman. Even if you just said that you weren't interested.

Malyse

No is literally one syllable.

----

That has to be the best "Ima fuck with your head" present.

akira28

if they really wanted to do something they could have given us a sexy bbw Amanda Waller...but that means more than just wearing short skirts and stilettos, they'd have to actually let her be a person.

unregistered black voters are on the chopping block. I say gettem. with you it was a case of mistaken identity, but next time choose a better lie, lol. be a black republican or something.

Sou Da

I

The concept is fine, the execution of it? Nah.
Call them companions and give them a personality like D3 or multiple other games.
Or just include co-op and do away with the nonsense.

It's easier to ignore if you turn off their barks but damn, do it PoE/Icewind Dale style and just have them be mercenaries or player made companions.

At the very least naming them "Apprentices" would have the 'Master' stuff less cringy.

I feel like I'm going to the slave trade when I head to the rift for new pawns.

if they really wanted to do something they could have given us a sexy bbw Amanda Waller...but that means more than just wearing short skirts and stilettos, they'd have to actually let her be a person.

Yeah, Suicide Squad and other comics that featured Waller had the time to show her as a human being. A movie? Where she isn't even the second tier character? That's too much like work.

Okay, Slayven, I know you go for those deep cuts, but...who is this woman?

Malyse

Trying to play Metroid in canonical order. Bout to give up and play Castlevania instead.

Metroid canon is such a mess

Zero Mission
Prime
Hunters
Echoes
Corruption
Return
Super
Other M
Fusion

-----

Bout damn time.

disney-infinity-3.0-black-panther.jpg

Slayven

Yeah, Suicide Squad and other comics that featured Waller had the time to show her as a human being. A movie? Where she isn't even the second tier character? That's too much like work.

Okay, Slayven, I know you go for those deep cuts, but...who is this woman?

The Caregiver is one of the Elders of The Universe. She has devoted herself to nurturing and or healing those who she deems as cosmologically important.

Malyse

Ugh. I already regret dipping my toe into Amiibos. Don't tempt me with Disney Infinity figures too....Well maybe 1 won't hurt.

"Just gimme 1 amibo to get me through..."This is actually really cool.it's a glitch in the matrix

The PS4 I bought had that game bundled with Luke, Leia and Boba..I think. Gave that crap to my daughter. Perhaps I'll also buy just one.

4e980c23fde27e6b9e22f2f5bfd5e70613f4038e6898694f2fba9db240bf602f.jpg

Top Bottom