• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

I've been watching Flash and I was really surprised to see the love interest be a black girl, though she feels like the type of black girl that a basic white boy would like. I'm also noticing that the black cop/military guy is becoming a common trope in the science-fiction shows and movies.

With the way Black Tumblr's echo chamber is sounding, you'd think every black person is voting for Bernie and Hilary is the next Bush.

@flash yeah I was saying the same thing about Iris.

Slayven

I've been watching Flash and I was really surprised to see the love interest be a black girl, though she feels like the type of black girl that a basic white boy would like. I'm also noticing that the black cop/military guy is becoming a common trope in the science-fiction shows and movies.
Iris is garbage but Joe is the real mvp

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

There's nothing wrong with Iris, except that she doesn't have much to do at the moment.

edit: guys, do you know a good place I can sell some old games and movies fairly quickly and not get totally ripped off?

Crocodile

Ugh. I already regret dipping my toe into Amiibos. Don't tempt me with Disney Infinity figures too....Well maybe 1 won't hurt.

I picked up the Shovel Knight amiibo the other day. My first Amiibo. Shovel Knight is a good game <3

Left his shame where he left his shirt.

Who the fuck that that was a good idea? What kind of person with any amount of self-respect agrees to this?

Pokemon is cool, but let's be honest digimon is so much more hype.

Digimon has the better anime but Pokemon has the better games. IMO of course

Kreed

Survey says..
NsCm2Go.gif

Iris was bad because she had little point, no chemistry with Barry, and keeping her in the dark was just asinine.

De-coupling her from Barry and bringing her in the loop like they have this season has helped a ton. Focus on the reporting and she'll become great.

Scholastic is pulling that children's book "A Birthday Cake for George Washington". Thank goodness. How the hell did they think they could sell a book about a happy slave baking a cake for his slavemaster and get away without a backlash is beyond me. I don't care if the author and illustrator are both women of color. That just makes it worse.

akira28

ground up glass though...that time machine was expensive. I'm just saying.

edit: why is that stuck in my head from an old children's story or something related to Revolutionary war or servants or something...

Malyse

That project that's been in work for the last eight years? Yeah, I've know about it since it started. Does nothing to help when I've only got 20 metroids left to kill.

Giving weight to that "Meek" name, I see. Just keep ya mouth closed, Mill.

Pots and kettles.
Scholastic is pulling that children's book "A Birthday Cake for George Washington". Thank goodness. How the hell did they think they could sell a book about a happy slave baking a cake for his slavemaster and get away without a backlash is beyond me. I don't care if the author and illustrator are both women of color. That just makes it worse.
Own worst enemy. Happy Martin Luther King Jr day.

-----

Metamor City is tumblr's future favorite series.

Village

Digimon has the better anime but Pokemon has the better games. IMO of course

That's about how I feel. though I can't really compare the games this point beyond Digimmon games generally looking better, that one for the vita has some amazing character designs in it. So thats cool.

I like both things.

Slayven

Iris was bad because she had little point, no chemistry with Barry, and keeping her in the dark was just asinine.

De-coupling her from Barry and bringing her in the loop like they have this season has helped a ton. Focus on the reporting and she'll become great.
She still have zero chemistry with Barry, well romantic chemistry. THey do work well as friends/siblings
Barry was a fool for not getting with Linda Park and Iris was a serious cockblock in the first season.

That whole thing reeked of Johns shitting on Wally west

Malyse

That's about how I feel. though I can't really compare the games this point beyond Digimmon games generally looking better, that one for the vita has some amazing character designs in it. So thats cool.

I like both things.
Suzuhito Yasuda! He's one of my favorite character designers.

Yozakura Quartet is a forever fave. I wish it was more popular.

TheFlow

Banned

I like both things.
New digimon games looks like hot fire

Village

Suzuhito Yasuda! He's one of my favorite character designers.

Yozakura Quartet is a forever fave. I wish it was more popular.

Yeah, homie does very color based designs. Persona and Durararara stuff. I dig it, the design in general in that game looks interesting. I would buy, but I do own, nor want a vita. I'm really hoping the persona games eventually make there way to PC via the saga pc train or something,

Malyse

Yeah, homie does very color based designs. Persona and Durararara stuff. I dig it, the design in general in that game looks interesting. I would buy, but I do own, nor want a vita. I'm really hoping the persona games eventually make there way to PC via the saga pc train or something,
If you want to play Persona, vita is the way to go. Final Fantasy too. You can play FF1 to X-2 and P1-4 all on one console. And it has a fantastic device, piss poor support and overpriced memory cards aside. I wish Sony knew what the fuck they were doing. And brought some of their more interesting games over. Bet this is Sony's last handheld. No way they make another.

Top Bottom