• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Malyse

large.gif

The Wizard of Oz was on some fuck shit and I'm not even talking about how the slippers were Ruby Red instead of Silver. The movie literally cut out half the story! Like, the whole point was they got the thing they wanted from the wizard and then they were shown using said thing. Like Scarecrow thought them out of a predicament and Lion showed courage and Tin Woodman's mercy ended up saving them later on. Some of the best scenes got cut out.

And don't get me started on how they never made a sequel. Wizard was the worst book in the series
not really, but Land of Oz and Ozma of Oz were both much better.

They need to remake it as two films. Do all the stuff the same in the first one and then end it with Dorothy stuck in Oz.

I have a lot of feelings about Oz.

He mistook you for Slayven..

More specifically

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192861201&postcount=51

Where you're from - New York
Where you live - chestnut ridge
What is your age? - 31
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - black - Haitian
Do you know your roots - not as much as I'd like to
Favorite musical genre - I find something good in everything. Right now I'm listening to a lot of electronic ( house, techno, etc) starting to find my way into jazz as well
Your profession/major/career interest - IT in school for information systems
Your religious affiliation - none, I was raised Christian
Hobbies - video games, sports, cooking
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - don't have the last two around here so I'd go Popeyes

I've been a quiet observer for sometime and finally decided to say what's up.

What is your age? - 31
Favorite musical genre - I find something good in everything. Right now I'm listening to a lot of electronic ( house, techno, etc) starting to find my way into jazz as well
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - don't have the last two around here so I'd go Popeyes

Welcome to the fold. Also welcome to all the other new
er
people.

Numb

What is your age? - 31

Welcome welcome welcome

Imm0rt4l

The Wizard of Oz was on some fuck shit and I'm not even talking about how the slippers were Ruby Red instead of Silver. The movie literally cut out half the story! Like, the whole point was they got the thing they wanted from the wizard and then they were shown using said thing. Like Scarecrow thought them out of a predicament and Lion showed courage and Tin Woodman's mercy ended up saving them later on. Some of the best scenes got cut out.

And don't get me started on how they never made a sequel. Wizard was the worst book in the series
not really, but Land of Oz and Ozma of Oz were both much better.

They need to remake it as two films. Do all the stuff the same in the first one and then end it with Dorothy stuck in Oz.

I have a lot of feelings about Oz.

More specifically

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192861201&postcount=51
When someone uses the term "race-baiting" I automatically think "oh...you're one of those"

What is your age? - 31

Sak passe?

What is your age? - 31

A fellow New Yorker and Haitian? Byenvini fam

Bowlie

Banned
What is your age? - 31

Welcome, friend.

As to your question, I'm Brazilian and am living here c:

Shy

I wanna say either episode 21, 22 or 23. Sorry if i'm being vague and wasting your time. My memory is really shitty.
What is your age? - 31

Welcome to you.

Please pop your head in here, as it might be relevant to your interests

Mizerman

What is your age? - 31

Welcome, bro.

RedSwirl

http://dripfeed.news/news/ninja-the...as-lead-developer-of-metal-gear-solid-series/

"Taking away such things as cardboard boxes and Cyborg Ninja’s and replacing them with a more intuitive and immersive mechanics for today’s common gamer. No one wants this dumb shit anymore, they want characters that female gamers can relate too. said Rahni Tucker. We’re making Metal Gear Solid 6: From Two Phantoms for the players, not the gamers.”

O_O

Didn't GAF just have a discussion about how the representation of women in Metal Gear shifted pre and post-MGS3?

akira28

kid sister just got back from Ghana and stopped by Amsterdam. Eating some winegums from the other side of the planet right now.

Slayven

Has there ever been a thread about weird japanese content in a game getting cut that hasn't been under a thousand posts in one dau?

Furyous

What is your age? - 31

Hello and good afternoon.

---

WILL SOMEONE THINK OF THE POOR WHITE MEN THAT CANNOT RECEIVE FINANCIAL AID ASSISTANCE THANKS TO LIBRYULS SUPPORTING MINORITIES AND WOMEN?

*Scust at this troll*

----

Guess who had to go to HR about a manager? This individual keeps speaking to me like I am a child and I've about damn had it. I gave HR pages of hot well-written fiya. I am one thousand percent with the shits wherever they go. Once upon a time, my Earth 4 body double once got into it with management at another establishment. People kept treating the Earth 4 body double like shit and this person, whoever they are, responded accordingly in line with an appopriate response from a young black male clearly lacking the requisite fucks to give about anything. The organization kept cutting checks tho.

Mizerman

http://dripfeed.news/news/ninja-the...as-lead-developer-of-metal-gear-solid-series/

"Taking away such things as cardboard boxes and Cyborg Ninja’s and replacing them with a more intuitive and immersive mechanics for today’s common gamer. No one wants this dumb shit anymore, they want characters that female gamers can relate too. said Rahni Tucker. We’re making Metal Gear Solid 6: From Two Phantoms for the players, not the gamers.”

O_O

At first glance, I was like "No!"

Then, it became more clearer.

I wanna say either episode 21, 22 or 23. Sorry if i'm being vague and wasting your time. My memory is really shitty.

Welcome to you.

Please pop your head in here, as it might be relevant to your interests

Dat first post! God damn! Love Nujabes

Hoth
Sweden

Real talk... Whats it like being Black in another country? I'm dead serious. I've been told several times to go visit other places and haven't had the chance. I've always been curious

Tell me where to eat!!

Dat first post! God damn! Love Nujabes

Real talk... Whats it like being Black in another country? I'm dead serious. I've been told several times to go visit other places and haven't had the chance. I've always been curious

Tell me where to eat!!

Eh, it's ok. Doesn't seem as bad as the US but we have our moments. We're also not the current flavour of the month overt racism target. It could be better, it could be worse.

Top Bottom