• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Numb

Has there ever been a thread about weird japanese content in a game getting cut that hasn't been under a thousand posts in one dau?
The man always getting in the way of the japanese pureness
How dare!
Real talk... Whats it like being Black in another country? I'm dead serious. I've been told several times to go visit other places and haven't had the chance. I've always been curious
Not as bad as the US
Black AND muslim tho..

FyreWulff

https://privilegegrant.com/

7O2FM6I.gif

If you look at their main gathering place now, that group of people even have a "the REAL TRUTH ABOUT MIGRANTS" sort of post as their top thing.

All the Stormfront talking points are present and accounted for. People wanted to deny it but I've seen that shit for a while now

Furyous

Being black in Beijing is difficult for obvious reasons. Finding a barber was nightmare. At least the hotel was on point. No comment on the waters as I only drank from bottles. I may or may not have some illegitimate children running around there but what happens in Beijing stays there.

Kreed

Being black in Beijing is difficult for obvious reasons. Finding a barber was nightmare. At least the hotel was on point. No comment on the waters as I only drank from bottles. I may or may not have some illegitimate children running around there but what happens in Beijing stays there.

You're brave for even trying.

jmood88

Speaking of which, was it someone in here who posted this video? I don't remember how I found out about this.

Slayven

Ladies be feeling you or what?

Imgur has gotten really racist lately

it is the dumping ground of Reddit

jmood88

If it only we all banded together and never mentioned race, all out problems would be solved! It's so simple; I don't know how everyone hasn't figured this out.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So I don't think I'm going to play this Unfinished Business expansion for the first Tomb Raider. Immediately it's throwing a ton of enemies at me while I just have the default pistols, and it likes to spawn enemies behind me out of nowhere after I pass a spot on the floor.

No thank you.

I'm enjoying that Luke thread tons. Always see people talking about how folks look for ways to get offended. Now I get to see people lose their shit because "Luke is heterosexual. Period." Shit is hilarious as all hell..

Slayven

So I don't think I'm going to play this Unfinished Business expansion for the first Tomb Raider. Immediately it's throwing a ton of enemies at me while I just have the default pistols, and it likes to spawn enemies behind me out of nowhere after I pass a spot on the floor.

No thank you.

you can probably timestamp that as the first sign TR devs might be losing it

First off, I love how the stock picture is a white person knowing full well all that lexicon is black originated.

Secondly, we've been using those "2016 terms" for YEARS.

Finally, #StopWhitePeople2K16

Is it the cosplay part of the cycle yet? I'd much rather talk about cosplay

Hey Eska 😊

Korra cosplay is awesome.

korra_and_asami_dokomi_2_by_llangelusll-d8vpjm3.jpg

jmood88

I'm enjoying that Luke thread tons. Always see people talking about how folks look for ways to get offended. Now I get to see people lose their shit because "Luke is heterosexual. Period." Shit is hilarious as all hell..
The people who complain about others taking certain things serious and/or anyone who uses "PC outrage culture" unironically always seem to be the ones getting upset at every little thing. It's interesting to see. They actually get angry by people saying, "hey, this could offend someone, let's take a minute to think about why we're doing or saying this thing".

I never even bother trying in Asia when I'm there. Get cut before. Never, ever drink the water.

And watch what you eat should any of you ever go.

RedSwirl

People need to be honest and just say "I believe japan can do no wrong, and I will blindly defend their bullshit"

Part of me understands the argument that "the artist's original vision should just come through unfiltered so society can judge." I'll even admit most of the otaku games in these discussions were only ever supposed to get attention from a very small subset of people in one country and could probably just float under the radar for society at large to ignore.

The problem with Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, and Fatal Frame is that they are published by Nintendo. Nintendo is a mass market company that doesn't really have a separate channel for handling niche games. There's still the feeling that any game it publishes will reflect on Nintendo as a whole, and Nintendo still wants to be seen as a wholesome company. That means conforming to regional culture standards. I should probably just post the rest in the actual thread.

jmood88

bruh

On another note,

Gave a job interview. I find out next Friday. This wait is so nerve racking.
People really need to just let their hair go. Being bald will always look better than these sad attempts at tricking people into thinking that the hair is still there.

Kraftwerk

People really need to just let their hair go. Being bald will always look better than these sad attempts at tricking people into thinking that the hair is still there.

A friend 'let go' as you put itt, and shaved it all. He has honestly never been happier. Was stressing over his receding hair for years. He always mentions how he should have done it sooner.

harSon

Banned
Damn ya'll... we're holding a youth job fair at my non-profit and a gang fight broke out. Some kid pulled out a long ass knife that was taped at the handles. These kids man... smh

We're supposed to have a panic button since we're straight up in the middle of a gang hotspot, but of course the button ain't shit.

Top Bottom