• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Malyse

Who's #1?
Belle by a significant margin. She's brilliant. She would have someone fucking their own shit up, then turn around and thank her for the opportunity to do so. You can put Belle in virtually any of the Princess films and she would solve the major problem in the first act.

Conversely, Ariel is worst princess (Sorry). She literally almost gets the entire cast killed: Flounder almost ate by a shark, Sebastian almost cooked alive, Triton turned into a worm and Eric? Good lord, almost drowned, almost decapitated, and I'm sure there were like two or three more. And she almost gets her damn self killed too. Even Aurora is better and she sleeps most of her film.

Emma better fucking KILL IT as Belle.

You seriously pushing the disney thing?

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

Like, you're not new here. You should expect this from me.

Besides, literally everyone has an opinion on it.

D i Z

Ugh way too many people are defending Jeremy Clarkson in my thread about him being a transphobic piece of shit... *sigh*

It's going to get pretty ugly if I remember just how 'don't give a fuck' the Clarkson defense force can be.

I've lurked here for months and have decided to join in.

Where you're from
Dunedin, New Zealand
Where you live
Dunedin, New Zealand
What is your age?
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy
New Zealand / Samoan. I'm a biracial brown fella.
Do you know your roots
tldr version. Mum: Scottish and Dutch. Dad: Immigrated to New Zealand from Lefaga a small village on Upolu, Samoa in the 1978.
Favorite musical genre
Hip-Hop, R&B, Pop
GAF
Your profession/major/career interest
Staring at databases all day.
Your religious affiliation
Catholic turned Atheist.
Hobbies
Video games, Rugby, Accidentally scaring old people while out running at night.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles?
KFC is the only thing we've got down here so it wins by default.

Welcome. And to the newer folks from the last few days, also welcome.

You seriously pushing the disney thing?

I fuckin' hope not. I like Disney/Marvel/Affilates etc as much as the next person. But making it an almost mandatory conversation piece would be unbearable.

Malyse

The Fox and the Hound is the best animal movie. At least in my memories.

But, is it?

The Jungle Book remake looks bad as hell. Watch the trailer before you read this spoiler:

literally everything on screen but the child is CG. All the trees, animals, EVERYTHING is CG.

And Zootopia looks hilarious.

Huh.
Good year for animal movies.

Bowlie

Banned
But, is it?

The Jungle Book remake looks bad as hell. Watch the trailer before you read this spoiler:

literally everything on screen but the child is CG. All the trees, animals, EVERYTHING is CG.

The pictures are broken here.

and you're kidding right? haha. I'm amazed by the cast they put on... this?

Um excuse u, homeward bound

oops, never saw this. There's a 1963 and a 1993 one, which are you talking about so I can watch it?

Where you're from - Born in Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Where you live - Vancouver, BC Canada
What is your age? - 31
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - White Canadian with Irish, French, Ukrainian, and I think American
Do you know your roots - Not really... been meaning to look into it though. Both parents born in Canada, both sets of Grandparents too I believe but beyond that *shrugs*
Favorite musical genre - Folk, Classic Rock
Your profession/major/career interest - Acting, Writing, Directing for Stage and Screen
Your religious affiliation - Our Lady of Snark and Sarcasm and a very causal Unitarian Universalist
Hobbies - I collect Care Bears and video edit
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles?: KFC by default as it's the only one that really exists in Canada

Oh and as a write in addition I'm also a trans woman

Where you're from
Dunedin, New Zealand
Where you live
Dunedin, New Zealand
What is your age?
Do you know your roots
tldr version. Mum: Scottish and Dutch. Dad: Immigrated to New Zealand from Lefaga a small village on Upolu, Samoa in the 1978.
Favorite musical genre
Hip-Hop, R&B, Pop
GAF
Catholic turned Atheist.
Hobbies

Welcome y'all. Seen y'all around on Gaf for a while. BanGy.nz you fuck with Aaradhna, Iva, Ladi6, or Maryanne Ito?

Bowlie for New Zealand artists in hip-hop I know Che-fu and Ladi6. I only have one song from Che-fu and I Ladi6 sings more than she raps.

Malyse

I fuckin' hope not. I like Disney/Marvel/Affilates etc as much as the next person. But making it an almost mandatory conversation piece would be unbearable.

I mean, I successfully replaced "Dreamdrop goes too far" with "Disney" on the BCT cycle like, three OT ago. One more question on the introduction ain't gonna hurt nobody.

Malyse

The pictures are broken here.

and you're kidding right? haha. I'm amazed by the cast they put on... this?

oops, never saw this. There's a 1963 and a 1993 one, which are you talking about so I can watch it?
Bad as in Michael Jackson, not bad as in awful.

Pictures were Lion King, Jungle Book, Robin Hood. Guess IMDB doesn't like hotlinks.

TheFlow

Banned
Savages savages savages

Also Oliver & company has one of the greatest Disney hooks of all time

"Why should I worry why should I care"

Bowlie

Banned
Bad as in Michael Jackson, not bad as in awful.

Pictures were Lion King, Jungle Book, Robin Hood. Guess IMDB doesn't like hotlinks.

Okay, maybe Lion King but only because it's so... grand, a magnum opus some would say.

Bowlie for New Zealand artists in hip-hop I know Che-fu and Ladi6. I only have one song from Che-fu and I Ladi6 sings more than she raps.

I'll check them up too, BCT is providing me with culture today.

One song doesn't save a trash movie. Same goes with an album. If you like the song so damn much, buy the single, but don't go acting like the movie is some work of art

ruthless

Savages savages savages

Also Oliver & company has one of the greatest Disney hooks of all time

"Why should I worry why should I care"

One song doesn't save a trash movie. Same goes with an album. If you like the song so damn much, buy the single, but don't go acting like the movie is some work of art

Where you're from
Dunedin, New Zealand
Where you live
Dunedin, New Zealand
What is your age?
Do you know your roots
Favorite musical genre
Hip-Hop, R&B, Pop
GAF
Catholic turned Atheist.
Hobbies

I'm listening to Black Water right now

And welcome

Malyse

This Touhou Castlevania game is hard as fuck, but it's a damn fine game. It's like the perfect blend of OG Castlevania (AKA without the Metroid) and danmaku. peanut butter and chocolate.

We talking about Disney films in here? Well I like The Hunchback of Notre Dame a lot for animated and Blank Check for live action. How weird was it that this grown woman kissed this little boy on the mouth?

Shy

Where you're from
Dunedin, New Zealand
Where you live
Dunedin, New Zealand
What is your age?
Do you know your roots
Favorite musical genre
Hip-Hop, R&B, Pop
GAF
Catholic turned Atheist.
Hobbies
Welcome to you good sir.

I'm flying up to Auckland in March to meet Tinashe, super excited. It doesn't look like her new album will be out before then so I'm hoping she performs a lot of her mixtape stuff.

Lucky you.

And she should be performing mainly mixtape stuff I hope. I mean you have In Case We Die, Reverie, Black Water and Amethyst vs Aquarius and whatever singles she put out since then.

D i Z

I mean, I successfully replaced "Dreamdrop goes too far" with "Disney" on the BCT cycle like, three OT ago. One more question on the introduction ain't gonna hurt nobody.

Shit is beginning to sting already. It ain't like popping the occasional pill to help with pet allergies. This shit is like getting a pets funky ass disease, like worms. Once it's in, something will have to get cut off to be rid of it for good.

Top Bottom