• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Just work in an environment that people can be kind of casually offensive. Doesn't help that I was just recently dumped and will be forever alone so I'm taking things extra hard.

I miss my other work environment. It was a library; just about everyone was super cool.
Sorry about the dumping it'll get better it's just fresh is all
Edit: also having to deal with people making fun of my hair.
Some don't really ever grow out of being children

Malyse

Played this game a few weeks ago. It's really awesome!

I'm sorry, what?
How and where?
DD is really determined to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Naw. I'm determined to throw the shit out with the piss water.

I've never said you can't be a fan of something. I've only ever said that being a fan isn't the same as being in fandom. That's the important distinction that you are determined to say doesn't exist.

Village

Splatoon has outsold Bloodbourne and that will never not be funny.

Its a more visually appealing and gameplay wise appealing game. I love bloodborne but splatoon is an easier sell

Remember that time mikami got pissed KH sold more than REmake. I don't know why that suprised him.

Malyse

Following his stunning Iowa caucus defeat at the hands of Ted Cruz, Donald Trump broke his sweet, brief Twitter silence Tuesday morning, posting, “My experience in Iowa was a great one. I started out with all of the experts saying I couldn’t do well there and ended up in 2nd place. Nice.” Trump piled on excuses in follow-up tweets, adding, “Because I was told I could not do well in Iowa, I spent very little there—a fraction of Cruz & Rubio. Came in a strong second. Great honor.” He also suggested the media has covered his loss unfairly by not mentioning that he “brought in record voters and got second highest vote total in history!” Furthermore, he whined, “I don’t believe I have been given any credit by the voters for self-funding my campaign, the only one. I will keep doing, but not worth it!”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/02/02/trump-breaks-post-iowa-twitter-silence.html

Ha! That reality distortion field is still going strong.

Malyse

That's really odd that you missed it, we were talking about it for the whole campaign.

I could call out the mod that gave me the excessively long nine month ban because he can't tell when someone is being facetious and had the audacity to tell me that my next ban would be permanent (it wasn't. nor was the one after that) or the fuckboy that caused it all to happen because why not be a jerkass, but I'll just let that be.

fresh-prince-shrug.jpg

Shy

I could call out the mod that gave me the excessively long nine month ban because he can't tell when someone is being facetious and had the audacity to tell me that my next ban would be permanent (it wasn't. nor was the one after that) or the fuckboy that caused it all to happen because why not be a jerkass, but I'll just let that be.
Ahhh, Right right. I forgot you were banned back then. Sorry.

Kreed

Comeon man, it's only day two. We can't be trying for _***** statuses this early.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
SMFH @ Epps. As if he wasn't already enough of a walking L. Need to watch that interview where Kevin Hart destroys him again just to get rid of the stank.
Comeon man, it's only day two. We can't be trying for _***** statuses this early.
No, let him unlock the door. I want to see where this goes.

Malyse

Michael Jackson said:
That is so stupid. That’s the most ridiculous, horrifying story I’ve ever heard. It’s crazy. I mean why? Number one, it’s my face as a child in the commercial. Me when I was little. Why would I want a white child to play me? I’m a black American. I’m proud to be a black American. I am proud of my race. I am proud of who I am. I have a lot of pride in who I am and dignity.

https://youtu.be/BbItFJJPPmA

No, let him unlock the door. I want to see where this goes.

Just because I can doesn't mean I will. Ain't worth it.

He said he was supposed to be those?

I'm bitter that he wasn't. It wasn't a bad movie. I'm just letting disappointment impact my views of Finn.

Finn literally made the movie for me. He's pretty much the emotional backbone.

He's not a bad character. I just wanted him to be a Jedi.

Ain't no one said he was supposed to be that, though.

My dreams said so. Let me have my dreams.

Where's this info coming from? I thought he was alright. Pretty much the hero of the entire movie..

That's true. I just wanted him to be a Jedi. Why can't we have a black Jedi that doesn't get blown out a window by a human raisin-slug

a1eedab0-8a43-0133-9fe2-0e7c926a42af.gif

This was the most impactful moment of the film for me.

Still hope he gets some Force powers but I'll live if he doesn't.

Best character.

Infinite

I would say it's bullshit that Disney chose to market that movie the way they did. I don't know why they felt the need to misdirect people into thinking Finn was going to be our light saber weilding Jedi (potentially) and then pull the ol' bait and switch and make Rei that instead. Setting up a plot twist through your marketing at the expense of another character is really fucking cheap and its even more perplexing when they are both basically equal costars in the film. Also unlike most characters in that film Finn had a legitimate character arc so it's shitty Disney did him like that.

I would say it's bullshit that Disney chose to market that movie the way they did. I don't know why they felt the need to misdirect people into thinking Finn was going to be our light saber weilding Jedi (potentially) and then pull the ol' bait and switch and make Rei that instead. Setting up a plot twist through your marketing at the expense of another character is really fucking cheap and its even more perplexing when they are both basically equal costars in the film. Also unlike most characters in that film Finn had a legitimate character arc so it's shitty Disney did him like that.

This is fair, I mostly avoided the pre-launch marketing so had very few pre-conceived notions about the film. The marketing was weird because the film itself never
treated Rey having force sensitivity as a secret. It did like to hint that Finn had something going on too though.
Like I said, weird.

Finn was fantastic. The lengths he went through to save Rey?
I mean, he saved Poe (out of convenience, but still). Explains the importance of the droid to Rey and tries to protect her like her name was Croft. Tells the rebellion how to destroy the death star model 7. And yeah, dude stopped at nothing to save the girl. He really was the biggest hero of the movie. I kinda thought his roll would be tiny..like on that Asian movie poster..

Infinite

I honestly don't know why people believed Finn would be the Jedi, even with the light saber pics. The last 8 years have shown the underbelly
Not sure what you mean. I think people thought he was going to be the film's Jedi because as you pointed out he has the lightsaber in all the promos. Also him being force sensitive isn't ruled out.

Dai101

Banned
I mean, he saved Poe (out of convenience, but still). Explains the importance of the droid to Rey and tries to protect her like her name was Croft. Tells the rebellion how to destroy the death star model 7. And yeah, dude stopped at nothing to save the girl. He really was the biggest hero of the movie. I kinda thought his roll would be tiny..like on that Asian movie poster..

I'm dead i tell ya'. DED

Yeah. I'm not sure why it was assumed either. I don't feel any kind of way about it. I thought he was fine..

The only thing that was off to me was that his flip to the light seemed kind of rushed. Feels like maybe some of his characterization was cut.

Not sure what you mean. I think people thought he was going to be the film's Jedi because as you pointed out he has the lightsaber in all the promos. Also him being force sensitive isn't ruled out.

I mean they weren't going to have the main hero of the first good star wars in nearly two decades be black. Mainstream sci-fi is like the last holdout. We'll just have to wait and see about his force lightning

Mizerman

Bruh, I saw what you did there.

Top Bottom