• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Malyse

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188120496&postcount=1151

Live for posts like this

can't wait for the deep rebuttals.

Not going in there. I was about to call out all the stupid, but I've been listening to On The Media and they were talking about how people don't want to admit that they are wrong even if it's completely obvious (AKA they were talking about Trump). If people won't do it for something as important as who gets to lead the free world, why should I expect "gamers" to be any different?

Not going in there. I was about to call out all the stupid, but I've been listening to On The Media and they were talking about how people don't want to admit that they are wrong even if it's completely obvious (AKA they were talking about Trump). If people won't do it for something as important as who gets to lead the free world, why should I expect "gamers" to be any different?

A while ago I would have said something poignant like, "If you get one wrong mind to see the light, it's an accomplishment." But after having the same not only gaming discussions but actual current events discussions that go in the same circles and repeat for every single instance, it's getting harder and harder to even believe that one changed mind could even have an impact.

Malyse

A while ago I would have said something poignant like, "If you get one wrong mind to see the light, it's an accomplishment." But after having the same not only gaming discussions but actual current events discussions that go in the same circles and repeat for every single instance, it's getting harder and harder to even believe that one changed mind could even have an impact.

I learned a hard lesson working in an office full of white people when Mike Brown got shot. From now on I only share what happened and give no opinions on it.

-----

3mehvl9.jpg

Let's shift the cycle.

Chel (Road to El Dorado)
tumblr_nyeanpFdgO1u496xso2_1280.jpg

Wonder Woman
tumblr_nyiapzx0XB1u496xso2_1280.jpg

Scarlet Witch
tumblr_nyp1yjpDOs1u496xso1_540.jpg

Tank Girl
tumblr_ny8qe2omdB1u496xso1_1280.jpg

Korra
tumblr_nwy9mevmBU1u496xso1_1280.jpg

Lupita Nyong'o
tumblr_nyov3oRh2m1u496xso1_1280.jpg

Malyse

Raw juice is the truth.

Playing Fairy Fencer F. This might be my fave JRPG cast. They are all assholes to each other constantly. MC is lazy as shit.

About a segment of folks that believe voting in a republican over Hilary would teach the DNC a lesson.

Ah, that Salon article. I still believe that if you're purposely voting Republican to "punish" Hillary or to "teach the DNC a lesson", you were never a progressive in the first place. Voting for the Greens would have the same effect and prove your bonafides as well.

Also, of COURSE Tamir Rice had his hands in his pockets. It was damn cold that day. Fucking incompetent murderers.

Slayven

Ah, that Salon article. I still believe that if you're purposely voting Republican to "punish" Hillary or to "teach the DNC a lesson", you were never a progressive in the first place. Voting for the Greens would have the same effect and prove your bonafides as well.

Also, of COURSE Tamir Rice had his hands in his pockets. It was damn cold that day. Fucking incompetent murderers.
That and you have very little at stake in the race, and can opt out any crazy republican bullshit when you want to.

Malyse

I'd like Hill to have Bernie as running mate. I think he'd make a terrible president, but a very good VP. I just can't believe in his idealism. I mean, look at Obama. It's not like he ain't trying; the GOP fights him tooth and nail for everything. They've tried to overturn the ACA 63 fucking times. No way Bernie gets shit done. Not without a major congressional shake up.
Only if they have better tech than us. Else they're getting the District 9 treatment.
image.php

harSon

Banned

Kreed

I won't be surprised if it gets to the point where complaining about outrage or accusing posters of "making a fuss" becomes bannable. Every social issue thread is getting flooded with posters complaining about anyone having any form of criticism as "overreacting" or "why are you so mad?" in attempts to kill any discussion. Meanwhile these same posters make entire threads around x game developer changing a female character's costume from a cat costume bikini to a cat costume one piece swimsuit like the developer stepped on their new shoes.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I think VR is a fad.. I played with the samsung VR multiple times at work and its underwhelming. That may not be the best use of it but I feel if the technology dont look comfortable, affordable and normal its bound to be niche. The VR headsets look like something from an old movie tryna depict the future.
Why you trying to start controversy though?

Numb

I won't be surprised if it gets to the point where complaining about outrage or accusing posters of "making a fuss" becomes bannable. Every social issue thread is getting flooded with posters complaining about anyone having any form of criticism as "overreacting" or "why are you so mad?" in attempts to kill any discussion. Meanwhile these same posters make entire threads around x game developer changing a female character's costume from a cat costume bikini to a cat costume one piece swimsuit like the developer stepped on their new shoes.

It goes down so much that it's just a matter of time.
When did something not being a big deal to you mean it was automatically not a big deal to everybody else in the world? Very selfish

akira28

The funny thing is people on gaf are saying that now, which is hilarious because that anti gaf Reddit use to talk about this site with the same exact sentiments.

they still exist, but I haven't found myself bored or curious enough to attempt to locate or observe.

Slayven

If you don't give a shit why read and post in a thread?

dabig2

Don't know why some of ya'll bother with the castoffs from Reddit/4chan also known as Gaming Side when talking about cultural shit that actually matters/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/80271269@N02/22986345475

This is gorgeous.

-----

Not turning the cycle back, but I found my go to post about whitewashed roles.

http://timemachineyeah.tumblr.com/post/58648290519/this-is-a-jar-full-of-major-characters

If you haven't read it, you should.

Back to the topic at hand:
tumblr_nx6hqae1xf1rztdgoo1_1280.jpg

At some point we should talk Steven Universe. Y'all know that show has a ton of voice actors of color, right?

Nicki Minaj as Sugilite will never not be an act of god

Did the thread title change?

I told you guys when the change was made!

Top Bottom