• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Shy

He is a little man that gets punked by everyone, he is a modern bard.
Sounds like my autobiography. :|
Man, the Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer looks great, but I cannot get over Cloud's character model. Obviously, you can't reasonably expect "realism" from a JRPG, but seeing his emaciated body sling around the buster sword like it's a jump rope is just the most bizarre shit.
Yeah, i noticed that too when i first looked at the trailer. Strange thing is, i don't remember him being that skinny in advent children.

I must just be misremembering how he looked.

Afrocious

I think I'm looking at this video and getting frustrated because I'm at a point in my life where I'm kinda through working with white men and having to deal with bullshit that stems from ignorance despite the fact they can call all the shots at a company.

When I see Druckmann, I just see a white man who has the authority to say what stays and goes. He said there will be a black woman, and God created a black woman in Uncharted. I can't say if he thought he figured he'd get a point toward his "i'm not racist" scoreboard, but I'm still tired of it.

I think what I'm stumbling around trying to say is that I dislike how it feels like we gotta wait all the time for white people decide to add people of color to our videogames.

Slayven

Yeah, i noticed that too when i first looked at the trailer. Strange thing is, i don't remember him being that skinny in advent children.

aren't you Canadian?

I think I'm looking at this video and getting frustrated because I'm at a point in my life where I'm kinda through working with white men and having to deal with bullshit that stems from ignorance despite the fact they can call all the shots at a company.

When I see Druckmann, I just see a white man who has the authority to say what stays and goes. He said there will be a black woman, and God created a black woman in Uncharted. I can't say if he thought he figured he'd get a point toward his "i'm not racist" scoreboard, but I'm still tired of it.

I think what I'm stumbling around trying to say is that I dislike how it feels like we gotta wait all the time for white people decide to add people of color to our videogames.
That I feel you on, if a minority character isn't a henchman or a bystander they have to earn the right to be there. Like creators ask themselves "why would a minority character be in this normal setting with (white) people"

Jacir

Speaking of race in video games, would you guys be interested in reading an article that explored the concept of race / humans living in a post-racial society in the Halo franchise? I was disappointed to find out nobody had really done anything similar, but then realized I own a Halo content site and also write, so yeah.

I'm not a halo fan but I'm interested in this. Go on and I'll read it. Finish the fight/article.

Right? But you know what's going to happen. I'm still bitter about Monster University. Besides Toy Story, what sequel/line has been competent? Incredibles is my favorite out of all of them.

Cars, monsters and toy story. Ok, nevermind, they don't do a lot of sequels. I'm probably just...

Didn't they also make the Planes movies? I haven't seen any of the sequels outside of the Toy Story ones, so that's my favorite by default.

Shy

then who is that canadian dude that plays with Gordon?
Ohhh, those are his boys from way back.

I was only in a party with you briefly the other week, you were in there for a few mins then left before we started a game.

i haven't been playing this week.

Crisis Core and Advent Children Cloud do look pretty similar in terms of build, but for some reason FFVIIR Cloud is looking extra weak. Maybe it's just that you can see the actual muscles under his skin now. God damn. He's definitely a lot slimmer compared to the Kingdom Hearts and Smash Bros. models though.

Kreed

Just got through reading the "Muslim's don't like Republicans" thread and saw a couple of posts saying that if the Republican party wasn't racist they could get a lot of minority voters who were religious/etc... If you took away religion, racism, and gun worship, I don't know why anyone not living under a rock would vote for them anyway. I see their line up and all I see are a bunch of comic book super villains. And not Lex Luthor or Amanda Waller either, I mean like Solomon Grundy or Killer Croc.

Shy

Crisis Core and Advent Children Cloud do look pretty similar in terms of build, but for some reason FFVIIR Cloud is looking extra weak. Maybe it's just that you can see the actual muscles under his skin now. God damn. He's definitely a lot slimmer compared to the Kingdom Hearts and Smash Bros. models though.
Yeah, it's shame.

Slayven

Just got through reading the "Muslim's don't like Republicans" thread and saw a couple of posts saying that if the Republican party wasn't racist they could get a lot of minority voters who were religious/etc... If you took away religion, racism, and gun worship, I don't know why anyone not living under a rock would vote for them anyway. I see their line up and all I see are a bunch of comic book super villains. And not Lex Luthor or Amanda Waller either, I mean like Solomon Grundy or Killer Croc.

still giving them too much credit.

They are superman revenge squad tier

latest

Damn, we got to do better.
Listen here Dollar Tree JC ripoff, don't play with grown folks.

Slayven

He doesn't seem good at all.

Give it to Vannillaware and let them do it like Dragon's Crown. That panther dude was sick .

None of them are good, which makes them forming a Superman hit squad hilarious. The dude with eh visor only brings a bionic arm to the group, one arm, the rest of him squishy human.

Slayven

That's just sad.
Hope they got bodied quick.

They catch superman when he is in the middle of some shit, and he kind of takes it out on them.

The blonde is only in the group because she wants to make her family mad (they CADMUS DNAliens), when shit starts getting real she peaces out so fast.

Loudninja

They catch superman when he is in the middle of some shit, and he kind of takes it out on them.

The blonde is only in the group because she wants to make her family mad (they CADMUS DNAliens), when shit starts getting real she peaces out so fast.
Umm what does she bring to the table?

Me too. Working on changing that. I'm just trying to make a visual novel right now to start off easy. I wish I had a team to work with since I can't code for shit. The most basic stuff I can't comprehend, but I can write my ass off. The last guy I worked with was constantly going ghost on me so I'm just working by myself at the moment.

If I didn't know the previous version and took your statement with the changed one it would still be believable on gaf

Not sure if you were replying to this when I had the Asian girl with the skeletons while her dad watched, but I hope people aren't complaining to mods about black anime characters.

Slayven

I can't shake my head enough.

Edit- lemme stop reading that shit because I'm about to become heated.

Six....SIX MOTHAFUCKIN THREADS ABOUT HOW YOU CANT PLAY OLD ASS PS2 GAMES BUT

"omg guys you are making a controversy out of nothing ^_^"

Fuck, gonna destroy my lungs... Brb

Let it be about a CGI 11 year old in a G string

Slayven

Amazing how many times when folks talk about how minorieis are underrepresented, comes down to maybe minorities are lazy.

Numb

haha
You bring that up and people start halo jumping from wherever the hell they were with the bullshit

Hang in there. We're all struggling with this mindfuckery.

Top Bottom