• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Kraftwerk

saw a lotta people share this and post this today after her progressive tweet,

11210427_697162543723011_7422840947309913704_n.jpg

Noticed how here in Canada most of the folk I know are Bernie Bro's.

Kraftwerk

Man, some people .....no wonder you have all these fuckheads running around.

Dave Mirra committed suicide today. BMX legend.

I told my friend about it, and he didn't know who he was so he was looking him up on his phone, while i was playing some of his old BMX videos on the desktop.

He says "oh damn, he had a wife and two kids"

And then says "Don't think much of a man who abandons wife and kids like that."

Jesus fucking Christ some people.

LionPride

Banned

I told my friend about it, and he didn't know who he was so he was looking him up on his phone, while i was playing some of his old BMX videos on the desktop.

I see where he comin from, I think suicide is selfish and cowardly and I'm saying this as someone who has had many friends want to commit suicide or attempt to commit suicide. I wouldn't have said that out loud though, especially when dude just died

Kraftwerk

I see where he comin from, I think suicide is selfish and cowardly and I'm saying this as someone who has had many friends want to commit suicide or attempt to commit suicide. I wouldn't have said that out loud though, especially when dude just died

Its not though....once you take a step back you realize you cant even comprehend the mindset someone is in to take their life.

I almost did once, and I only backed out because I was scared and someone came to the place where I was going to do it. Which caused me to run.

When I think back, I dont even remember what kind of mindset I was in. I cant even comprehend myself back then.

EDIT:

Apologies to everyone, I know earlier a bunch of people said nobody should somber the mood of the thread. My bad.. This news just made upset me..

Malyse

That's a legitimate shock. Prays to his family.

Mizerman

That was a hell of a surprise when I read it.

Opinions, Kraftwerk. My sister in law was kind enough to do it in the kitchen in front of her two disabled children. I'm absolutely about doing what you need to do. Just maybe don't leave your already struggling kids with the WORST option ever.

Leave them in an orphanage. Leave them with your parents. Blah blah blah. Sorry. It can be very selfish. Ignore me tho..I'm very biased.

Kraftwerk

Opinions, Kraftwerk. My sister in law was kind enough to do it in the kitchen in front of her two disabled children. I'm absolutely about doing what you need to do. Just maybe don't leave your already struggling kids with the WORST option ever.

Leave them in an orphanage. Leave them with your parents. Blah blah blah. Sorry. It can be very selfish. Ignore me tho..I'm very biased.

Yeah, I see where you are coming from.

I guess I didn't word it right. All Im trying to say is that a lot of people need to realize when someone commits suicide their mindset is so far off, that the whole selfish aspect doesn't even enter their heads. Your brain is probably in another dimension when you do it.

That's all. I def feel for the family and everyone involved..

Sorry about your sister. My condolences.

D i Z

Yeah, I see where you are coming from.

I guess I didn't word it right. All Im trying to say is that a lot of people need to realize when someone commits suicide their mindset is so far off, that the whole selfish aspect doesn't even enter their heads. Your brain is probably in another dimension when you do it.

That's all. I def feel for the family and everyone involved..

Sorry about your sister. My condolences.

Both points are valid. I can't get behind the rather reductive cowardly label though. That's pretty much a barrier constructed to block having a conversation about it in the interest of understanding or dissecting a state of mind.

After seeing people roast ol boy in that blasphemy thread, I went to look at the TOS to see if the "don't be a dick" bit was still there and

it's not! lol

That explains a lot.

Again. Opinions. I'm not opposed to suicide. I'm just talking the fact of

1. How she did it
2. Who she did it in front of.
3. Those (beautiful little boys) she left behind.

She fucked those kids over..like a priest would. I'll leave it there..
After seeing people roast ol boy in that blasphemy thread, I went to look at the TOS to see if the "don't be a dick" bit was still there and

it's not! lol
lol..I feel for the dude.

Gotta know your audience. He must not have ever gone in any religion related threads.

Hell, there was that one dude who made a thread about dealing with anti-Muslim discrimination since Charlie Hebdo, Paris etc. and the thread turned into "maybe if your religion wasn't shit you'd be ok"
I remember that. Total bullshit. Then again, who am I to talk? I'm a Pastafarian..
no..lol.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

it's not! lol

he should have known better not to bring that here.

gaffers arent mature enough to talk about certain things without going hard in the paint for no reason

MOVE BLACK HISTORY MONTH!

lol..Daily Show funny as hell right now.

How long has Trevor been doing this "standing up" shit? I'll have to admit, I haven't been watching religiously like before. Depression is dookie..

Top Bottom