• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I wondering if she was playing about not knowing her. She put it down quickly.

I know JackBen likes to listen to my playlists, if you're around of anyone else interested, I made one for my drawing session today.

Tracklist:

1. Jill Scott – Warm Up - Beautifully Human: Words and Sounds Vol.2
2. P-Money – Celebration feat. Aaradhna & Talib Kweli
3. Lil' Kim – Drugs (Instrumental) - Not Tonight [Single]
4. Rita J – Interlude – Artist Workshop
5. Lyric Jones – Magnetic - Love's Trail Mix
6. Impulss – Tumblin' Down (feat. Akon) - MARIE LAVEAUX'S HUSTLE
7. Koji Kondo – Piranha Plant's Lullaby - Super Mario 64
8. Dynasty – Somebody Told Me - A Star in Life's Clothing
9. Sade – Jezebel - Promise
10. Brandy – Best Friend - Brandy
11. Biggie – Big Poppa – Ready to Die
12. Kaytranada – Creep
13. Pras – Ghetto Superstar (ft. Mya & Ol' Dirty Bastard) - Ghetto Superstar
14. Various – Missing You – Set It Off Soundtrack
15. Yoko Shimomura – Balrog Stage – Street Fighter II OST SNES
16. Mary J. Blige – A Night to Remember – Think Like a Man Too Soundtrack
17. Play -N- Skillz – Freaks (feat. Adina Howard) – The Process
18. Koji Kondo - Powerful Infant - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
19. Miriam Mandipira & Her Danish Friends - Trust in Me - Live
Hey blasian I just now caught up to this. But this link didn't work for me. I do wanna listen so post sometime if you've still got the playlist up.

JLynn

So on this Nerds of color page on Facebook there was a post of various black game characters. One member posted "Balrog AKA M. Bison". This brought another post from a member saying "Balrog IS NOT M. Bison!" and posted the infamous gif from the SF cartoon. Big discussion about the reason behind the name change. The first person who disputed said "I've been a faithful SF player since the original arcade game and I never knew that!" That fucked my brain up like How could you not know?! It's been what I thought was a documented fact throughout the past, what, 25 years?! On top of that there are people who refused to acknowledge this with one going out of their way to post "In the version of Street Fighter II played the most he is not M. Bison.".

My brain was full of fuck throughout the remainder of my lunch break.

andthebeatgoeson

Which one is the mom?

tumblr_inline_nl7yxwOOaS1s9cols.jpg

Look at the neck. The hands first, then the neck and the eyes. And the eyebrows thin over time. But yeah, mom can get it. I need more info on the kids.

#nottheR

Speaking of thirsting over ladies of age:
https://twitter.com/CandiceNBC12
https://www.instagram.com/_candicesmith/
Bruh.

Malyse

Look at the neck. The hands first, then the neck and the eyes. And the eyebrows thin over time. But yeah, mom can get it. I need more info on the kids.

#nottheR

Speaking of thirsting over ladies of age:
https://twitter.com/CandiceNBC12
https://www.instagram.com/_candicesmith/
Bruh.

Isn't she like, 24?

Also, all these ladies in VA? Well then.

Rest and slide down an inward curve, is it the bend in an oxford comma, or is it in a dream? It matters not, as I turn sense inside out in search of a distraction for your thoughts. Tonight I try to understand what happened in “Get Besos” but I really get a dose of my own dullness. Please let your dollar be heard.

Malyse

The kids are 24? Hmm. I need to see the receipts.

?

K.
No the reporter.
Ready for a late night walk? As you sleep we will enter a dreamlike world that sounds just like the outside. Where Casper the trickster god ghost can swallow the moon. Insects will speak and we will listen. Of course our peaceful interlude will be interrupted by my need for attention, but that will be a diversion so dull, it will lull right by you.

I'm trying to remember a Coen Brothers movie that featured PoCs. There was Marlon Wayans, Irma P. Hall, and Tzi Ma in The Ladykillers (along with a lot of other black people in minor roles. George Wallace!). There is Javier Bardem as Anton Chigur in No Country for Old Men (Yes, you can argue that he's Spanish, not Latino, but I think that counts here). But PoCs are either mostly absent, or in background or bit parts (that one Asian guy in the Fargo movie, the black people in O Brother!, etc). Hell, it took the Fargo TV series to employ Key and Peele in the first season and Bokeem Woodbine in the second.

There was a proper way for the Coens to answer that question. Or just say "No comment". But they had to be jerks.

Malyse

Fire Emblem is three days after Project X Zone 2.

T____T

Put your crabby nebula aside and have a warm glass of milky way. Tonight we call on perseid and the stars for comfort and sleep and stories and pointless escape. Somehow it all becomes a commercial but you will be asleep and dreaming of the moon.

I'm trying to remember a Coen Brothers movie that featured PoCs. There was Marlon Wayans, Irma P. Hall, and Tzi Ma in The Ladykillers (along with a lot of other black people in minor roles. George Wallace!). There is Javier Bardem as Anton Chigur in No Country for Old Men (Yes, you can argue that he's Spanish, not Latino, but I think that counts here). But PoCs are either mostly absent, or in background or bit parts (that one Asian guy in the Fargo movie, the black people in O Brother!, etc). Hell, it took the Fargo TV series to employ Key and Peele in the first season and Bokeem Woodbine in the second.

There was a proper way for the Coens to answer that question. Or just say "No comment". But they had to be jerks.

I grew up watching Raising Arizona and The Hudsucker Proxy over and over, Fargo a little less so and had pretty much categorized Coen brothers flicks as "enjoyable white fantasies" lol. Haven't actually seen any since then, but not through any conscious decision or anything.

OH WORD? We need more details.

Just reading OT and then going out into an enjoyable, affordable fun-filled evening without incident for the X-hundredth time

Furyous

The kids are 24? Hmm. I need to see the receipts.

?

K.

You and I both need to see the receipts.

--

Rest in power on your 21st birthday Trayvon Martin. I've lost quite a bit of friends over this particular death and dog whistle racism that followed. Almost came to blows in church twice over this death, lost a possible fiancee, and this death altered the perception of my fellow church members.

Slayven

Man people who be so PRed up are showing their ass with this question.

I would not be shocked if reporters start getting told not ask it or risk blacklisting.

Top Bottom