• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Shy

For my boys Akira and Sou.
PIfgEhV.gif

Just booked my tickets to Tokyo. 13hrs no stops......
Congrats.

Have a safe trip, and show us lots of pictures.
Got damn, Serena Williams. (questionable level of work safety)
kAW0nIK.gif

Village

They even got the hair color right and didn't give him the typical white/blond hair. I'm impressed
Black folk with whote hair is my jam.

That said variety is wonderful.
A decent depiction of a black guy in a JP videogame? That shit's hard to come by these days.
Pokemons been doing it for a while now.

at least they know niggas like to be fresh, and didn't lampoon it.
Pokemon has been doing that for a while now to. Aside from having to break out red from time time. General since gen 4 the designs of characters have gotten way more reasonable and great. And have had general improvements in clothing design and updating pasts dudes.
Polemom don't get enough credits its a game about monsters. But they should consider making a human based rpg at some point. Or a fighting or something where designs will carry it. Because they have it down.

Black folk with whote hair is my jam.

That said variety is wonderful.

Pokemons been doing it for a while now.

Pokemon has been doing that for a while now to. Aside from having to break out red from time time. General since gen 4 the designs of characters have gotten way more reasonable and great. And have had general improvements in clothing design and updating pasts dudes.
Polemom don't get enough credits its a game about monsters. But they should consider making a human based rpg at some point. Or a fighting or something where designs will carry it. Because they have it down.
I had to shake my head at the first two I encountered in Black 2: a breakdancer and a basketball player. I didn't see one again until I got to Marshal of the Elite 4 and what the fuck is going on with his hair? Motherfucker's eyebrows connected to his cesar.

D i Z

A black VA thread on gaming
This will end well

I think from the last thread we've seen every permutation of every response, and every manner of derailment and strawman that this community has in its arsenal. I don't think this one is going to yield many surprises.

I think from the last thread we've seen every permutation of every response, and every manner of derailment and strawman that this community has in its arsenal. I don't think this one is going to yield many surprises.

Yep

Although to be fair, race related threads on Gaming side are generally characterized more by apathy than antipathy.

At some point naivete and ignorance stops being an excuse....

When you're not willing to even see the plane that keeps flying over your head, I'm not gonna care when it finally crashes into you.

Question, how many times have you tried to guess the race of a va and guessed he was black correctly?

Because I knew Samurai Jack was voiced by a black dude before I knew who Phil Lamar was.

Top Bottom