• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Jynx, yeah?
140px-Jynx-blackface.gif

They changed her some since release, but it gets censored by some pubs and outright not played sometimes.

E: would have spolier'd the image since you hate it so much but it doesn't even work on mobile, so no point.
Definitely her. No need to sensor it. My point was more "look at what they're selling to my kids, and what fucking year it is." That's where my anger with that bullshit character came/comes from..

Jynx is great, she just can't take even a neutral hit without going into the red. Blame the Ice-typing for having such god-awful weaknesses.

EDIT: Just saw her overall p.defense stat rating. jesus christ

Jynx is great, she just can't take even a neutral hit without going into the red. Blame the Ice-typing for having such god-awful weaknesses.

EDIT: Just saw her overall p.defense stat rating. jesus christ

Jynx is lame, other than Glaceon I can't think of good Ice types in general

ED: Looked at Bulbapedia and I forgot a lot of good pokemon -_-

Ice Punch Weavile used to be my dragon killer back when I had time to breed...

Like, to put it in perspective? Alakazam, who everyone already knows ain't shit when it comes to physical defense, has a higher defense rating than Jynx.
Jynx is lame, other than Glaceon I can't think of good Ice types in general

ED: Looked at Bulbapedia and I forgot a lot of good pokemon -_-

Ice Punch Weavile used to be my dragon killer back when I had time to breed...

Weavile is still one of my MVPs, but might be the only Ice type I ever tried raising seriously.

Like, to put it in perspective? Alakazam, who everyone already knows ain't shit when it comes to physical defense, has a higher defense rating than Jynx.

Weavile is still one of my MVPs, but might be the only Ice type I ever tried raising seriously.

When I had one, I used Empoleon with Blizzard, but they nerfed Steel and he was kind of slow anyway, plus no STAB. I haven't really tried any Fairy types, but that might be a better option for Dragon killing now.

Malyse

I would appreciate someone doing a thread on Uncle Ben, Aunt Jemima, and the like.

Also, if someone wants to make a thread qnout atrocities inflicted on black people in the name of science and medicine, I'd be grateful. I can't really look into it myself without becoming very upset.

Here's a handful of links to get started.
http://breakingbrown.com/2014/03/wh...ts-on-african-americans-you-never-knew-about/
http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/04...edical-experiments-performed-on-black-people/
http://m.livescience.com/13002-7-absolutely-evil-medical-experiments-tuskegee-syphilis.html
http://www.bestpsychologydegrees.com/30-most-disturbing-human-experiments-in-history/
http://naturallymoi.com/2013/09/the...tortured-slaves-killed-babies-says-professor/
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/an-81-million-betrayal-of_b_8294296.html
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the_United_States

I'd do it myself, but looking into this stuff effects my mental state too greatly. Thanks again.

andthebeatgoeson

https://youtu.be/ZCh-6nLniqg

106 year old lady meets The Obama's. Just overjoyed.

I saw this picture earlier:
y0oIIH6.jpg

I appreciate you guys bringing out some of that old history but I'm getting emotional thinking about my kids, their potential life. Then I see these guys. Just joy overwhelmed. Imagine being 106 years old and seeing some horrific things, then finally meeting President Obama.

She probably go up to heaven, first thing she'll say it's, 'No, I actually saw him! I would not lie to you!'

I've got a ton to do today or I would make a thread.

https://youtu.be/ZCh-6nLniqg

106 year old lady meets The Obama's. Just overjoyed.

I saw this picture earlier:
y0oIIH6.jpg

I appreciate you guys bringing out some of that old history but I'm getting emotional thinking about my kids, their potential life. Then I see these guys. Just joy overwhelmed. Imagine being 106 years old and seeing some horrific things, then finally meeting President Obama.

She probably go up to heaven, first thing she'll say it's, 'No, I actually saw him! I would not lie to you!'

I've got a ton to do today or I would make a thread.

That's a great video!

Kreed

How could you tell so fast? He looked like an alien with a turban to me.

100% black skin and giant red lips are the hallmarks of blackface and caricatures. Plus he's never been an alien but that confusion has probably helped with Popo's acceptance (although I do remember 4Kids changing his skin blue and giving him orange lips).

Still not as bad as Officer Black from Goku's kid days IMO:

ei9ZH9A.png

Village

My kids are/were large into that Pokemon shit. That black woman Pokemon who I'm sure I don't need to describe was enraging to me when I first saw her..just reminded me of the same old bullshit from Japan.

This is funny because pokemon nowadays is the nintendo franchise that just... has really well designed black folk in it. So at least there was a change in ideals over time.

Imm0rt4l

Martin Freeman has been confirmed as Everett Ross in Civil War.

Well, looks like Marvel will be aiming towards Priest's run on BP!
Great choice. I wonder how they'll balance this out aas a movie about BP and how much of it will be from the perspective of Ross's handle or lack thereof on The Client.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Life advice, what would you do on the same situation.

A family member has been very irresponsible for a few months. Kept quitting good jobs purely due to being lazy. I even set this person up with two great opportunities, and they fucked it up and made me look like an asshole I'm front of my friends who employed them per my recommendation.

I helped this person out when it came to advice, Food, a room, and a good environment to relieve stress.

I said to myself it's a phase so I'll give the individual more space.

But now something happened that has left me with few options.

About 5000 dollars worth of items have gone missing from my house. I looked into it for a few days, and I can confirm it's the same person.

Now I'm torn.... I am kicking them out yes. But do I file charges? Filing charges wouldn't do anything besides going on their record. As they simply won't be able to give me money to pay me back..

I'm so torn friends. Been stressing out so much. How a family member would betray me after I did so much for then without asking for anything back. Just feel really sad.

Kick them out, tell them you know what they did and never contact you again. In some cases, people who aren't blood relatives are more family than real family. We have a couple of people like that in my family. Can't trust them with $10. The entire family has tried to help them at times, they burned every bridge. Can't help those who only want to get over and get high.

In saw that Obama video with the 106 year-old lady last night. The joy she showed was genuine and what I am focusing on right now. I think some tend to 100% focus on the negative shit going on and minimize all the positive. The good times are just as important, if not more. There is always going to be some fucked up shit going on, it is important to combat that, but remember to enjoy the good times too.

Kreed

http://www.pravdareport.com/news/world/18-02-2016/133368-obama_black_slave-0/

Has this been talked about? A Japanese mp called Obama a black slave.

"In the United States, a black man has become its president. I mean, he is in a bloodline of black people, who were slaves," Kazuya Maruyama said. "People in the country's founding era would have never thought that a black slave would become president," he added.

Only problem with the statement is Obama isn't a descendant of slaves IMO (unless you believe Ancestry.com).

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
http://www.pravdareport.com/news/world/18-02-2016/133368-obama_black_slave-0/

Has this been talked about? A Japanese mp called Obama a black slave.

"In the United States, a black man has become its president. I mean, he is in a bloodline of black people, who were slaves," Kazuya Maruyama said. "People in the country's founding era would have never thought that a black slave would become president," he added.

Hmm. Need more context, but it seems poorly phrased. He could have meant well.

I'm a lot less disturbed by that than I am by this opinion article linked in the story.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Hmm. Need more context, but it seems poorly phrased. He could have meant well.

I'm a lot less disturbed by that than I am by this opinion article linked in the story.

I think it was more of a testament to Obama becoming president is a country with the history the US has. Poorly phrased, but no malicious intent.

JLynn

I know I'm late in this but I saw video of Tyrese, Rev. Run, and Amber Rose. Tyrese pissed me off in ways I can't understand. "Dressed like how you want to be addressed"? My fiancée was bundled up like Kenny from South Park walking home from work last month and she got hollered at by some thirsty dude.

Dai101

Banned

I can, if anyone else hasn't take the opportunity.

Gonna take a while tho'. And by that i mean maybe afternoon.

Enzom21

This shit still happens. As anyone who's lived in Miami/Latin American communities can attest, you were able to find this on store shelves for the longest
cawy-watermelon-soda.jpg
That is not really a surprise considering the massive issues some Latinos have with being black. Look at what Sammy Sosa did to himself as a prime example of the self-hate.

I can, if anyone else hasn't take the opportunity.

Gonna take a while tho'. And by that i mean maybe afternoon.

Can you include Vertus Hardiman please?
I posted about him in the BHM thread:
Yes like Vertus Hardiman for example:
www.afro.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Vertus1.jpg
I'll link to his picture instead of posting it directly. Everyone should look at the horrors this country has put him through though.
Vertus Wellborn Hardiman (March 9, 1922 – June 1, 2007) was a victim of a US government human radiation experiment at the age of 5 that left him with a painful skull deformity that forced him to cover his head for 80 years.[1]

Hardiman was born in Lyles Station, India.[2] In 1928, Vertus attended Lyles Consolidated School where he and nine other children were severely irradiated during a medical experiment conducted at the local county hospital. To get parental consent the experiment was misrepresented as a new therapy for the scalp fungus known as ringworm. The radiation of the skull led to immediate symptoms but also to a severe progressive necrosis of the bone all through his life.

Grossly disfigured, Hardimann bore this injustice with remarkable dignity. In 1945 Vertus traveled to California in search of broader opportunity. In 1946 he worked for the County of Los Angeles General Hospital, where he served with distinction. Vertus lived his last years in Altadena, California. Hardiman died at age 85.

Walpurgis

Banned
The south. They're on lawns. They where on soda cans. They were in thrift stores. My mother WAS the maid. Her bosses (and their children) talked mad shit. I also grew up with siblings much older than myself. It was a combination of many things, but that shit looked wrong instantly. It's why as soon as y'all start on the subject, I go on radio silent..

Then again, this was a gift from one of the families my mother worked for..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u9svyIqwbOg

My kids are/were large into that Pokemon shit. That black woman Pokemon who I'm sure I don't need to describe was enraging to me when I first saw her..just reminded me of the same old bullshit from Japan.
Wow. I thought those kinds of drawings were only in Europe. I'm sorry. That must have taken a toll.

Dai101

Banned
This flu ain't no joke, it is taking all my will power to post you guys ain't shit

Just go to rest man, and ask someone to rub some Vapo-Rub on you, you should feel better.

In other issues. How is this for a thread title:

BHM: Attrocities against black people in the name of science (or because fuck you)

SOme advice is welcomed.

Top Bottom