• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Malyse

Oh! I forgot to share my good news!

So, you know that last week I did my first interview for that new job? Well today I got an email thanking me for interviewing with him and asking for some samples of my work
which means I spent four hours pretending I didn't see that email and designing a portfolio website :|
. In any case, progress!

Mecha

With the all of the reaction that the BLM meeting is getting you would think white people were the ones who have been facing racial discrimination for hundreds of years.

Posting it here because I don't think it would make the situation any better over there.

Imm0rt4l

With the all of the reaction that the BLM meeting is getting you would think white people were the ones who have been facing racial discrimination for hundreds of years.

Posting it here because I don't think it would make the situation any better over there.
You'd think they were all really looking forward to the next BLM meeting.

Bet the most vocal ones have have anti blm sentiments

Mecha

Some people are just waiting for news stories like these to cry reverse racism to make their anti-BLM stance seem not racist. Has there been any major movement like this for black rights that hasn't been accused of racism and extreme stances? History really seems to repeat itself with these movements.

The "what if" and other hypotheticals are a laugh riot. I swear, every question asked is responded to with another question. At least people have finally found something they can all agree is real Racism..

Enzom21

It is pretty damn clear that all of the "I can't attend because of the color of my skin" posters never had any intention of attending or supporting BLM.

I must have started and deleted over twenty replies to that BLM meeting topic. All I can think is that many posters in there would have heart attacks if Malcolm X were alive today.

Dai101

Banned
I can't respond to that thread without blowing someones head off (figurativelly speaking that is).

I'm not really in the mood.

So I just got a PM from someone trying to recruit Nintendo fans to another forum weird.

Is that forum one that starts with "V" or "G"?

And that's proven when pro BLM threads don't really get this much attention. Hell recently threads about racism or black folk protesting have only exploded if people find something to get upset with black folk over. Then it explodes into pages of shaming.

Indeed. Just remember how big that thread where Nana Ruth was hipotetically killed.

I'm nott really a dog person, but thanks anyway.

Some people are just waiting for news stories like these to cry reverse racism to make their anti-BLM stance seem not racist. Has there been any major movement like this for black rights that hasn't been accused of racism and extreme stances? History really seems to repeat itself with these movements.

I'm 100% unequivocally sure that a lot of those are just "GOTCHA! See! they are racist too!" and alt accounts.

Fuck, i knew i needed something stronger than a New MIX. FUCK!

Sch1sm

You know the only thing I like about birthdays is free food? Free food everywhere. I don't need gifts in this life.
It's my 21st, if you're wondering.

Also, have we thought of just making a little google sheet with our GAF names and Fighter IDs? Would make shit loads easier for all of us with the game.

I must have started and deleted over twenty replies to that BLM meeting topic.
LOL..I keep erasing shit and cancelling myself. Sometimes is best to let the insulted trolls do what they do.

On the bright side, from all those post in that thread, it looks like the next couple of rallies everywhere except Nashville will be having even more white representation! Hopefully we can get all those concerned GAFfers who have been waiting for the chance to join the cause, to hold up signs with the logo. Can't wait. Definitely some progress!!

---

Happy Birthday, Sch1sm..

Mecha

Nobody on the anti-BLM side has responded to me yet, everyone else is getting the fun! It feels like I talk to myself during threads like these when that happens.

Malyse

I think Coffee Dog is going to break his question mark key.

So. Think that thread is going to be the height of BHM nonsense for 2016 or can we top it?

Oh wait. Super Tuesday aka Bernie's Last Stand is tomorrow.

Heh.

LMAO..

BTW, I just want to avatar quote every post of yours in that thread..I feel awful. I just want to beat a motherfucker to it!

Yeah, I switched back once I realized I was actually posting on GAF in a frequent capacity again and so i wasn't banned and stuck rocking the dolezal for six months

Mecha

I think Coffee Dog is going to break his question mark key.

So. Think that thread is going to be the height of BHM nonsense for 2016 or can we top it?

Oh wait. Super Tuesday aka Bernie's Last Stand is tomorrow.

Heh.

Isn't Super Tuesday next week? Either way, I expect a few bans.

LionPride

Banned
To make a long story short, I was selfish and an asshole. Told girl we shouldn't talk for a bit, I really didn't feel like I could be around her and be just her friend. For reasons we currently can not be together, I know why and I know how bad it'd be if we were together yet me in my 16 year old wisdom fucked up. I told three people what I did, my best friend of 9 years, and two people I've known since I got to high school. One of these people hates me now and I'm certain another one of my friends does as well.

Now, three hours later I tell the girl how much of an asshole I feel like for being selfish, because I really do and even though she told me I am allowed to be selfish for once I feel like a cuntbag. I've taken my Ls in life, but this one hits hard. Like I royally fucked up in this situation, know it, and know no way to salvage the situation with my friends who I'm certain hate me. Yet in this whole situation, the girl who I was selfish towards doesn't hate me right now.

It's been three days since this happened. Also I fucking hate myself for being such an asshole and for being so damn selfish. Like it's eating me up inside more than anything has in the past

Malyse

To make a long story short, I was selfish and an asshole. Told girl we shouldn't talk for a bit, I really didn't feel like I could be around her and be just her friend. For reasons we currently can not be together, I know why and I know how bad it'd be if we were together yet me in my 16 year old wisdom fucked up. I told three people what I did, my best friend of 9 years, and two people I've known since I got to high school. One of these people hates me now and I'm certain another one of my friends does as well.

Now, three hours later I tell the girl how much of an asshole I feel like for being selfish, because I really do and even though she told me I am allowed to be selfish for once I feel like a cuntbag. I've taken my Ls in life, but this one hits hard. Like I royally fucked up in this situation, know it, and know no way to salvage the situation with my friends who I'm certain hate me. Yet in this whole situation, the girl who I was selfish towards doesn't hate me right now.

It's been three days since this happened. Also I fucking hate myself for being such an asshole and for being so damn selfish. Like it's eating me up inside more than anything has in the past

I know it rough in the moment, but trust me. You'll be straight. And if this is the biggest L you take even for this year, you doing good. If she doesn't hate you there's room to recover.

You'll be alright, brother. Just one of the many bumps we go through in life. If they're real friends, they'll stick around.

I'm a perfect person, I don't know what you're talking about.😶

I just pretend to make mistakes do people aren't frightened.😶

You were obviously excluded, Demi..we all can't be perfect.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Lion, I know this is going to sound harsh, but you're 16, trust me move on. not saying to move on from your friends but gordon is right, the real friends will stick with you and most will just end up kicking rocks. really dude, you're a teenager, and drama bullshit comes frequently. Cut your losses, and move on from the situation cause next week, next month, next year you'll look back and laugh.

You'll find other girls.

RedSwirl

Been out for a minute.

I'm thinking about just posting links to a bunch of little-known black historical figures, but most aren't American. Both here, and on twitter.

LionPride

Banned
You'll find other girls.

Lion, I know this is going to sound harsh, but you're 16, trust me move on. not saying to move on from your friends but gordon is right, the real friends will stick with you and most will just end up kicking rocks. really dude, you're a teenager, and drama bullshit comes frequently. Cut your losses, and move on from the situation cause next week, next month, next year you'll look back and laugh.

You'll be alright, brother. Just one of the many bumps we go through in life. If they're real friends, they'll stick around.

You were obviously excluded, Demi..we all can't be perfect.

I know it rough in the moment, but trust me. You'll be straight. And if this is the biggest L you take even for this year, you doing good. If she doesn't hate you there's room to recover.
Thanks y'all, I know I'm only a teenager but I still got a year and some change with these folks. Don't want three years of friendship to go down the drain. All yall were great help

Bronx-Man

Banned
I really don't pay attention to video games anymore, but what the fuck is this I'm hearing that Street Fighter V doesn't have an arcade mode?

D i Z

I really don't pay attention to video games anymore, but what the fuck is this I'm hearing that Street Fighter V doesn't have an arcade mode?

Pay now for 1/5 of the game. With your down payment of paid in fuckin' full, please enjoy our somewhat guaranteed bi-monthy updates for the rest of that shit... for "free".

Top Bottom