• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Dai101

Banned
I really hope you get some conversation going. I've read all kinds of sources on African American history and I'm still learning a ton of things from that lecture.

That lecture is complimenting the stuff i read for my last thread. I think i'm going to my parents home for a bottle of tequila they might have.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
BTW would just like to chime in and point out that you guys are saints for that BLM thread. I don't think a thread where I thought pretty much everyone agreed on the basics (makes sense the library can't do that, group found a new location that was suitable, life goes on)...went where it did.

Holy crap.

Crocodile

People should be less worried about if something is "moe" or not and worry if its good or not. They aren't always mutually exclusive (they just often are).

Every season, there's only about 3, maybe 4 anime shows worth keeping up with, and that's about it. Been like that since as far back as I can remember.

How many do you need? How much free time you got? LOL

Did you see the thread in OT on that? Went about as one would expect but most understood the message. I think the Beyonce SNL sketch has been the funniest one recently that covered these sorts of topics.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I can only watch one anime a quarter. I'll basically get the itch to watch some anime, subscribe to Crunchy Roll or Funimation, power through one anime and then my interest will lay dormant for another 3-6 months... if not longer.

That's pretty much my approach, only a few series may catch my eye in a given year these days in terms of actually watching through a complete series.

Akame Ga Kill
Tokyo Ghoul
Owari no Seraph
Shiki
Psycho-Pass
Black Lagoon
Darker than Black
Casshern Sins
Hell Girl
Another
Ergo Proxy
Samurai Champloo
Durarara
Mirai Nikki
Welcome to the NHK
Hataraku Maou-Sama
Shingeki no Kyoujin
Sidonia no Kishi
Golden Time
Nagi no Asukara
Shin sekai Yori
Log Horizon
Aldnoah Zero
Steins Gate

I can keep going, but can this lie that only moe fanservice anime gets made die already?

These are the only ones I have ever watched. But I've since dropped out of anime. Except for One Punch Man and Gangster which is pretty fierce.

BTW would just like to chime in and point out that you guys are saints for that BLM thread. I don't think a thread where I thought pretty much everyone agreed on the basics (makes sense the library can't do that, group found a new location that was suitable, life goes on)...went where it did.

Holy crap.
I refused to even post in there. I only saw it when it was 600 replies in and knew exactly what it was about, so I kept the hell away. Wouldve probably copped a temp ban if Id waded into that mess.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I refused to even post in there. I only saw it when it was 600 replies in and knew exactly what it was about, so I kept the hell away. Wouldve probably copped a temp ban if Id waded into that mess.

I remember seeing it early this morning before I came to work and being like "there's no way this thread isn't locked by the time I get to work", then got to work, saw it was unlocked, read like a couple of pages (100 ppp for life), and was like....yeaaaaaaaaah this is gonna end badly.

I remember seeing it early this morning before I came to work and being like "there's no way this thread isn't locked by the time I get to work", then got to work, saw it was unlocked, read like a couple of pages (100 ppp for life), and was like....yeaaaaaaaaah this is gonna end badly.

The thing that stood out for me most about the thread was that the person who posted it never actually participated in the conversation, which seemed to be the theme for the rest of the thread.

God help newly approved black posters who decide to participate in race threads, because I think most of us are done, at least for the duration.

23qwerty

The thing that stood out for me most about the thread was that the person who posted it never actually participated in the conversation, which seemed to be the theme for the rest of the thread.
oh wow, I never noticed that. something something objective news source something

So now Straight Outta Compton is "too loud."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...her-reasons-oscar-voters-ignore-black-movies/

But whatever. Spielberg said he saw it and thought it should've gotten a mention.

it was a far more enjoyable movie than the cornball ass biopics i've seen in the last few years like imitation game and theory of everything (though to be fair the latter had an amazing lead performance in it at least).

pretty obvious it didn't get nominated because of it's subject matter. and this phony 'diversity push' that the academy is pledging is going to look so hollow. they'll give best picture to nat turner's birth of a nation next year if it's at least a decent film. mark my words on that.

and then it will go back to business as usual after that since they'll feel that the discussion will have died down for a bit.

it was a far more enjoyable movie than the cornball ass biopics i've seen in the last few years like imitation game and theory of everything (though to be fair the latter had an amazing lead performance in it at least).

pretty obvious it didn't get nominated because of it's subject matter. and this phony 'diversity push' that the academy is pledging is going to look so hollow. they'll give best picture to nat turner's birth of a nation if it's at least a decent film. mark my words on that.

and then it will go back to business as usual after that since they'll feel that the discussion will have died down for a bit.

If the Revenant wins... Ugh.

That movie is so boring.

Walpurgis

Banned
Attention Afro-GAF, I am in need of your assistance.

I've been thinking of attempting to grow an afro. I usually grow my hair for around 4 months and have it shaved to a buzzcut when it becomes too unruly. In other words, I don't know how to take care of hair. My question is, how difficult is it to maintain an afro and are there any preparatory steps to take before making the attempt?

People should be less worried about if something is "moe" or not and worry if its good or not. They aren't always mutually exclusive (they just often are).

This is something that I have never understood. Why do people obsess so much over whether or not a show is "moe"? For me, a show is either good, or it's not. Fan service is a larger problem, IMO, and even then, if a show is good, it's good.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Never watched it.

9HkgmCx.gif

I know you're young but there are limits to youthful ignorance

You weren't even alive when that came out lol

Bronx, I like you but you're wrong.

tumblr_na4o92QUnR1rye4oqo1_500.gif
One day you can all be saved from the the weeaboo lifestyle, my friends.

jmood88

The Liang protests make me want to hit something. I've been seeing a lot of the Asian people I know show their asses over the past few years and this is just the latest example of how too many Asians wish they were able to benefit from white privilege all the time. I'm just glad that none of my cousins have said anything about supporting him (at least not anywhere I can see) or I'd be fighting.

Top Bottom