• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Malyse

Malyse needs some milk

Horse_Milk_1024x1024.jpg

Crocodile

Why do people never talk about Outlaw Star? Shit was fire

They do, its just overshadowed by Cowboy Bebop and Trigun which both came out that same year. Shame that sequel series never got off the ground.

I thought the show was great. I'd probably go Bebop >>> Star > Trigun

Slayven

They do, its just overshadowed by Cowboy Bebop and Trigun which both came out that same year. Shame that sequel series never got off the ground.

I thought the show was great. I'd probably go Bebop >>> Star > Trigun

Man that was a great era in anime, what happen?

Y'all are dumber braver than me for even venturing into that thread. From the title alone it looked like trouble. Was anyone at least able to help/educate someone or was it all in vain? The sense I've gotten is the later :(

There were a few people who seemed like they were getting it, and then more of the usual suspects chimed in.

I know some of you are reading this, so fuck you and your ignorance, misplaced pride, and malice. We know you mash keys in race threads while laughing to yourselves and jacking off on off-site hate groups. I hope you find solace in the fact that black people in America will never have a fair shake in our lifetimes.

Crocodile

Man that was a great era in anime, what happen?

Nothing happened? I mean the exact same types of shows aren't being made but just outright good shows are still pumped out every year so *shrug* There is more total anime being made today so proportionality there is still just as much good stuff/shit as there's always been (90/10 or whatever) but the in absolute terms there is more shit. Though, sifting through the trash to find the gems is pretty much what it means to consume media.

Crocodile

LeSean Thomas' Cannonbusters kind of looks like a Outlaw Star/Trigun for a new age. I hope that eventually becomes a full show.

People have GOT to learn who not to humor in race threads. Long time folks especially, you know who's disingenuous.

I hate when people try to go all in on the sarcasm in heated threads. With Poe's Law you can never fucking tell when someone is being serious or not unless you already know the poster well.

Malyse

Akame Ga Kill
Tokyo Ghoul
Owari no Seraph
Shiki
Psycho-Pass
Black Lagoon
Darker than Black
Casshern Sins
Hell Girl
Another
Ergo Proxy
Samurai Champloo
Durarara
Mirai Nikki
Welcome to the NHK
Hataraku Maou-Sama
Shingeki no Kyoujin
Sidonia no Kishi
Golden Time
Nagi no Asukara
Shin sekai Yori
Log Horizon
Aldnoah Zero
Steins Gate

I can keep going, but can this lie that only moe fanservice anime gets made die already?

TheFlow

Banned
Akame Ga Kill
Tokyo Ghoul
Owari no Seraph
Shiki
Psycho-Pass
Black Lagoon
Darker than Black
Casshern Sins
Hell Girl
Another
Ergo Proxy
Samurai Champloo
Durarara
Mirai Nikki
Welcome to the NHK
Hataraku Maou-Sama
Shingeki no Kyoujin
Sidonia no Kishi
Golden Time
Nagi no Asukara
Shin sekai Yori
Log Horizon
Aldnoah Zero
Steins Gate

I can keep going, but can this lie that only moe fanservice anime gets made die already?
half of those are meh though. Currently watching Aldnoah Zero because I love mechs but the duo protagonist are both ew

Crocodile

Akame Ga Kill
Tokyo Ghoul
Owari no Seraph
Shiki
Psycho-Pass
Black Lagoon
Darker than Black
Casshern Sins
Hell Girl
Another
Ergo Proxy
Samurai Champloo
Durarara
Mirai Nikki
Welcome to the NHK
Hataraku Maou-Sama
Shingeki no Kyoujin
Sidonia no Kishi
Golden Time
Nagi no Asukara
Shin sekai Yori
Log Horizon
Aldnoah Zero
Steins Gate

What a weird mixture of solid gold and pure unadulterated trash on this list (with stuff in between) LOL

That being said, I agree with Malyse, there is no shortage of good anime past or present. "Herp derp da moe killed all the good shows" is a really lazy critique.

Malyse

half of those are meh though. Currently watching Aldnoah Zero because I love mechs but the duo protagonist are both ew

What a weird mixture of solid gold and pure unadulterated trash on this list (with stuff in between) LOL

That being said, I agree with Malyse, there is no shortage of good anime past or present. "Herp derp da moe killed all the good shows" is a really lazy critique.

None of them are moe though. And YYMV. My top ten has shows that everyone hates and shows that no one has seen because OPINIONS.

So.

I just found out that Soraya Saga has a tumblr where she draws fan art.

Also, I laughed.

Every season, there's only about 3, maybe 4 anime shows worth keeping up with, and that's about it. Been like that since as far back as I can remember.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Akame Ga Kill
Tokyo Ghoul
Owari no Seraph
Shiki
Psycho-Pass
Black Lagoon
Darker than Black
Casshern Sins
Hell Girl
Another
Ergo Proxy
Samurai Champloo
Durarara
Mirai Nikki
Welcome to the NHK
Hataraku Maou-Sama
Shingeki no Kyoujin
Sidonia no Kishi
Golden Time
Nagi no Asukara
Shin sekai Yori
Log Horizon
Aldnoah Zero
Steins Gate

how you gonna lead off with Akame ga Kill, that show is trash.

harSon

Banned
I can only watch one anime a quarter. I'll basically get the itch to watch some anime, subscribe to Crunchy Roll or Funimation, power through one anime and then my interest will lay dormant for another 3-6 months... if not longer.

Top Bottom