• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Dai101

Banned
So many appalled and insulted souls, who you just KNOW were on their way to Nashville to show support, only to be turned away by a bunch of black racist. Hurting the movement..hurting the movement..

You know what's worst than to lose supporters and allies? Lose hypothetycal supporters and allies.

Shy

Down to 219 on my weight. Lost over 15 pounds. Fuck yeah.
Like a boss.
yoruichi_cosplay___prowl_by_the_mirror_melts-d4ggfep.jpg
A39l9k7.gif

Happy black history month

6gQFTQw.jpg
I've been awake for an hour, it's not long enough to deal with this.
nc0JK5W.gif

Crocodile

Y'all are dumber braver than me for even venturing into that thread. From the title alone it looked like trouble. Was anyone at least able to help/educate someone or was it all in vain? The sense I've gotten is the later :(

I can't even front, I've seen men do the same thing about women's only meetings. It's nothing new.

It's always been pathetic though.

And the people who whine the most are the same ones who if they did show uo wpuld be the exact type that caused the policy in the first place.

And yeah Women's only spaces get it bad too
Y'all are dumber braver than me for even venturing into that thread. From the title alone it looked like trouble. Was anyone at least able to help/educate someone or was it all in vain? The sense I've gotten is the later :(

It's Groundhog Day without the eventual character growth

Dai101

Banned
20 fucking pages about a total non issue smh.

Not surprising. Meanwhile all those BHM threads where we celebrate history and give knowledge to the attrocities of the past barely go 2 pages (100ppp) .... hmmmm.... wonder why?

I can't even front, I've seen men do the same thing about women's only meetings. It's nothing new.

It really is pathetic. Specially since most of those that are grieving would NEVER go to a BLM rally, heel, not even a meeting.

I will not be really surprising that some of them are the same that bitched and condemned the BLM rally that blocked the bridge where Nana Ruth hypotetically passed.

They're making it hard to support equality. I used to be against the police killing blacks but now I'm not so sure.
This is the sad part. We almost had them on our side..
You know what's worst than to lose supporters and allies? Lose hypothetycal supporters and allies.

Ruth and her hypothetical family would have been right there with BLM had thst traffic jam not cost her her hypothetical life.

Ruth is always there. She's in our hypothetical hearts
She was a soldier. We should all be lucky enough to live a life as full as hers..
I can't even.
I can't blame you. It's embarrassing.
Ruth was there in Selma during that march and everyone saw her.
She knew Bernard!
20 fucking pages about a total non issue smh.
Funny, init?

Pathetic is a very nice way of putting it. Definitely transparent as fuck..

Malyse

I think I educated one person. I called them out, they pmed me and I explained the problem. They understood how it looked and indicated a desire to do better.

No names cause that's not relevant.

Shit is going in circles with new heads popping in not reading the thread and wanting equality when it comes to using the word racism and expressing how this one meeting has made them feel unwelcome and what about mixed race people having their white side feeling hurt and and and..

Crocodile

Sometimes I feel bad when I don't go in those sorts of threads to "fight the good fight". But I almost always know how they will go (and that threads is now confirmed to have gone exactly like I thought it would) and sometimes I just don't have the mental energy/fortitude to deal with that right now. Like sometimes I just don't want to go out of my way to ruin my own day.

It really is pathetic. Specially since most of those that are grieving would NEVER go to a BLM rally, heel, not even a meeting.

I will not be really surprising that some of them are the same that bitched and condemned the BLM rally that blocked the bridge where Nana Ruth hypotetically passed.

Yeah, that's the big thing - almost anyone offended here wasn't interested in showing up anyway

I think I educated one person. I called them out, they pmed me and I explained the problem. They understood how it looked and indicated a desire to do better.

No names cause that's not relevant.

That's good to hear at least :)

Shit is going in circles with new heads popping in not reading the thread and wanting equality when it comes to using the word racism and expressing how this one meeting has made them feel unwelcome and what about mixed race people having their white side feeling hurt and and and..

I'm not wrong to read this as maximum concern trolling right?

Slayven

Sometimes I feel bad when I don't go in those sorts of threads to "fight the good fight". But I almost always know how they will go (and that threads is now confirmed to have gone exactly like I thought it would) and sometimes I just don't have the mental energy/fortitude to deal with that right now. Like sometimes I just don't want to go out of my way to ruin my own day.

Yeah, that's the big thing - almost anyone offended here wasn't interested in showing up anyway

That's good to hear at least :)

I'm not wrong to read this as maximum concern trolling right?
Nah you good

Top Bottom