• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

I never knew harSon was big into Street Fighter like that.

A39l9k7.gif

Also, damn, I missed a really serious talk. You guys have way more emotional strength than I do. That's something to look up to.

JLynn

andthebeatgoeson

Yes!! That and Hollywood Shuffle!

There's another reason why the Brady Bunch theme was playing. The white wife is played by Eve Plumb AKA Jan Brady.
Severely overlooked movie.

Finding that nice clean bathroom at work to take a dump in. So good. The toilet water is still blue. Can still see the clean streaks. I can sit here.

yup
Excited for new Souls
Haven't seen anything at all and avoided all threads. People get crazy in there

Hype culture is too real.

How many "I just bought Dark Souls, what should I expect?" threads are there?

I hate these and LTTP threads. Especially ones about Dark Souls 2, they're just a hotbed of shitty arguing.

EDIT: MHWilliams, now that you have the power of Thor, perhaps you can see about getting Aya a tag for this demonic post?

YAAAAAAAASSSSSS !!!DESTROY MY WOMB! !!! I want him to ravage my entire inner canyon into a new national landmark !

Not sure if y'all knew, but Ava DuVernay is set to direct Disney's A Wrinkle in Time. She also said "I’m a big Octavia Butler fan, so if somebody gave me the rights to Kindred, I would make that hot. I’m just putting that out there.”

Selma director Ava DuVernay has just been set by Disney to direct A Wrinkle In Time, an adaptation of the 1963 Newbery Medal-winning Madeleine L’Engle fantasy classic novel that has a script by Oscar-winning Frozen writer and co-director Jennifer Lee. Deadline revealed February 8 that DuVernay had been offered this film and was also in the mix at DreamWorks for Intelligent Life, a sci-fi thriller scripted by Colin Trevorrow and his Jurassic World collaborator Derek Connolly. DuVernay now has the offer on that film and is in negotiations on a pic that has 12 Years A Slave Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o attached to a fable about a UN worker in a department designed to represent mankind if there was ever contact with aliens, who falls for a mystery woman who turns out to be one. That film is produced by Frank Marshall, Trevorrow and Big Beach principals Peter Saraf and Marc Turtletaub.

It is unclear which film will go first, but A Wrinkle in Time was first to close and it is the culmination of six months of courtship by Disney Motion Pictures president Sean Bailey and exec Tendo Nagenda. A Wrinkle In Timeinvolves a young girl whose government scientist father has gone missing after working on a mysterious project called a tesseract, which involves being transported to a fifth dimension with mysterious inhabited planets. She takes part in a search for her father and sees some incredible creatures along the way.

Both films mark a big step up in scale for DuVernay, a former publicist who proved her mettle by making Selma — a period picture about the historic civil rights march led by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr — for $20 million. It won an Oscar and draw much acclaim. Selma was a big step up from The Middle Of Nowhere, a $200,000 budget feature that won her the Grand Jury Prize and Best Dramatic Director awards at Sundance 2012, and the John Cassavetes Award at the Independent Spirits Awards. She is repped by CAA.

Africanus

School made me go outside in a blizzard.
Visibility near 0.
Roads unplowed.

I miss those 60 degree days about 4 days ago.
Chicago is a fun place to live.

Imm0rt4l

I STILL don't know what happened with Devo.

GAF happened. She's an outspoken woman, she doesn't "know her place". She's the target of all sorts of vitriol. And let's face it, arguing with fuccbois is exhausting and a mostly fruitless endeavor. Just look at the Nashville thread.

GAF happened. She's an outspoken woman, she doesn't "know her place". She's the target of all sorts of vitriol. And let's face it, arguing with fuccbois is exhausting and a mostly fruitless endeavor. Just look at the Nashville thread.
I remember a junior post from a while back saying that the only reason he joined GAF was to chew her out over something. Even with that aside, there was always bullshit flung her way.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I rarelly go there. What's the drama?

Also, YAS! Mah boy Tusk is back. Can't wait for a release day and specs to upgrade my PC.
Thread was nuked. (Actually "momentarily" locked). Naughty dog used an art asset from assassins creed 4 in their uncharted 4 trailer (concept art of a beach with arched rock-like structure) within large picture frame. People are flipping out and screaming cause he artist isn't credited or acknowledged when it's essentially a non-issue. No one would have noticed the picture otherwise.

They own the exact artwork used in the promotional story trailer uncredited, yes.
Tell me trey, were you going to buy uncharted based on that picture? If they take it out is your preorder cancelled?

Trey

Thread was nuked. (Actually "momentarily" locked). Naughty dog used an art asset from assassins creed 4 in their uncharted 4 trailer (concept art of a beach with arched rock-like structure) within large picture frame. People are flipping out and screaming cause he artist isn't credited or acknowledged when it's essentially a non-issue. No one would have noticed the picture otherwise.

it's not life threatening, but it's unprofessional, and Naughty Dog has done this exact same thing before. It's a reoccurring trend with them. Most reasonable takes say naughty dog should make a statement and compensate the artist for using their work in promotional material, while you have the extreme sides throwing biased fanboy hot takes across the aisle.

Malyse

I'm guessing Pokemon Z. Not really hyped for it since I burned out hard on Y.

Pokemon has really been stepping up the third editions. Platinum had an whole new world to explore and B2&W2 basically redid everything by doing a two years later. I just with XY had had as good a story as BW.

Top Bottom