• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

hey

what's a good MMO?

The Secret World was good, but I have no idea what kind of shape it's in these days. ESO is still a strong game. Guild Wars 2 is still fantastic and Rift (the last time I played 1 1/2 years ago) was still excellent.

this Adder-Slay fight linking back to OT9 makes me want to start the whole meme again
opentweet.png

hey

what's a good MMO?

define good b/c there's only really FF14, go out into the fringes and there's LoTRO, the new hotness black desert etc

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
For once I honestly didn't care about the lack of minorities with actual character in this movie. May have been the fact I watched Zootopia the day before. The way Lois is
constantly a damn damsal in distress was fuckin with me hard along with Mercy just being there because...reasons. Gadot's Wonder Woman was fine but you don't learn shit bout her

Wasn't a fan of Lois' character - but I assume WW is being saved for her own movie primarily. I don't hold that against the movie tbh.

akira28

yo Adder, you're entitled to your opinion an errything but I wouldn't want to live in your city either SuperSophist.

these people facing superhuman and supernatural dangers and ole nanda parbatasshole is trying to push some self-reliance bullshit?

Superman, tear down that wall.

Trey

hey

what's a good MMO?

Guild Wars 2 is the only mmo I would recommend (which also makes me somewhat biased). It's casual in most of its design and respects the player's time, and the only thing you'll ever have to grind for is cosmetic items. But the game just added raiding and other hardcore oriented content, if your heart lies there.

And it's an absolutely gorgeous game, besides.

What do you want out of a persistent world?

Wasn't a fan of Lois' character - but I assume WW is being saved for her own movie primarily. I don't hold that against the movie tbh.

but why bother origin her when people typically hate origin's in this day and age. plus you got a overly long movie and she is a big part of the JL then you fine tune the origin in ww and not have to focus too much on it and not end up with 2 Thor movies

The Adder

Banned
yo Adder, you're entitled to your opinion an errything but I wouldn't want to live in your city either SuperSophist.

these people facing superhuman and supernatural dangers and ole nanda parbatasshole is trying to push some self-reliance bullshit?

Superman, tear down that wall.

Dude, you don't even know what storyline we're talking about. Go somewhere and sit down while the grown ups are talking.

akira28

Dude, you don't even know what storyline we're talking about. Go somewhere and sit down while the grown ups are talking.

??

I assume you two are arguing over no man's land. I'm all for suspension of disbelief, but something like that would be compared with Katrina. And if Batman was responsible for perpetuating it so that he and his could salvage his kingdom when really they needed to evac as many civilians as possible..then he was wrong.

He might have been right for comic book reasons, but he was wrong, if even one person's life was put in danger by his stubbornness. Makes his 'do not kill' ethos kind of convenient.

Slayven

??

I assume you two are arguing over no man's land. I'm all for suspension of disbelief, but something like that would be compared with Katrina. And if Batman was responsible for perpetuating it so that he and his could salvage his kingdom when really they needed to evac as many civilians as possible..then he was wrong.

He might have been right for comic book reasons, but he was wrong, if even one person's life was put in danger by his stubbornness. Makes his 'do not kill' ethos kind of convenient.

And let the church say amen

LionPride

Banned
Can we mention that Batman is a billionaire who thought the best way to save his city from being shitty was to dress up as a bat and beat people up? Not help with the economy and poverty and all that shit, no dress up as a fucking bat and beat niggas up.

Slayven

Can we mention that Batman is a billionare who thought the best way to save his city from being shitty was to dress up as a bat and beat people up? Not help with the economoy and poverty and all that shit, no dress up as a fucking bat and beat niggas up.
Can we talk about how in his spare time he sits and thinks up ways to kill his friends and build killer satellites.?

Crocodile

Happy Easter everybody! I hope everyone, regardless of whether or not they are religious, has a good day/weekend. I wish good spirits and good vibes to all, especially those who might have be be dealing with whatever nonsense life can throw your way from time to time.

So... How many of y'all sitting in church right now?

I got my churchin' done yesterday at Easter Vigil <3

One last BvS thing.

But the use of non-white and non-male characters in this movie...

Whew, a lot to be desired. Can't name one that felt truly human, instead of product placement for their roles in later movies, props for the plot, or worse.

Easily failed the Bechdel and Duvernay Tests.

I've heard of the Bechdel Test but not the later one. What's that?

the horse pics and anime discussions will be back soon.

Speaking of which, I'm sure this upcoming anime should be right up Jandro's alley <3

Can we mention that Batman is a billionare who thought the best way to save his city from being shitty was to dress up as a bat and beat people up? Not help with the economoy and poverty and all that shit, no dress up as a fucking bat and beat niggas up.

Batman #44 addressed this directly as Bruce realizes for the first time he's part of the problem, and learns to work with neighborhoods instead of terrorizing them. Of course, I'm sure it will mean nothing in the long run and all lessons will be forgotten, but it's been done.

I stopped going to church when my mom quickly realized the more she forced me to go the more I hated it and resented her. That and as a kid I flat out told her indoctrination ain't gonna work on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom