• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Anti-Montior was the only person that respected Cyborg Superman's life choices, gotta love that.

Hell of a squad
152337-168038-superboy-prime.jpg

Those were supposed to be dreadlocks? They don't really look like dreads.

I did watch it when it first came out, but didn't really like it. I'm going through it again because i just saw it on Netflix some weeks ago and feel there has to be more than two good episodes and apparently the show went on longer than I remember because I remember seeing years ago on some video Watch Mojo I think of Harley in it and found out Batgirl and Robin are in it too.

Just watched the Artifacts episode. It was straight.

Johndoey

Banned
Those were supposed to be dreadlocks? They don't really look like dreads.

I did watch it when it first came out, but didn't really like it. I'm going through it again because i just saw it on Netflix some weeks ago and feel there has to be more than two good episodes and apparently the show went on longer than I remember because I remember seeing years ago on some video Watch Mojo I think of Harley in it and found out Batgirl and Robin are in it too.

Just watched the Artifacts episode. It was straight.
Have ytoy watched Brave and the Bold? It's more comedic but it's so good.

LionPride

Banned
Brave and the Bold is my shit. I remember being a kid and watching The Batman, I don't know what got to me more, Joker with dreads or learning that Lex in Justice League wasn't black

Johndoey

Banned
Oh I forgot for The Batman "Q&A" is good and strangely dark.

Actually reminded me of a story from Black & White.

Edit: Yeah "Fat City" that was weird.

Man, I need to finish The Batman. I also need to finish Young Justice, but I never went back after what they did to the Joker. I did really like Robin's laugh to scare criminals in that, even if he stole it from the Shadow.

Johndoey

Banned
The Batman goes out of it's way to highlight the relationship between Alfred and Bruce which I always like.

Factoid Steve Harris plays one of the more major secondary characters on The Batman.

Edit: "Seconds" and "Riddler's Revenge" are decent.

Village

they already have a bunch of dudes that break out of prison when they want. they dont need another

Cody got put in prison because he wouldn't stop fighting thugs, the gotham thugs would be to scared of him.

Joker: Did he just block a fire ball with some rocks? fuck this!

You have saved gotham.

Just point cody at darkseid,solve all the problems in DCU.

TheFlow

Banned
Totally they have this cool dynamic with Dick as this unattainable ideal for Jason and they barely ever get paired. It's a shame.

One thing I will day for the reboot is it let them discard some baggage and let Todd be an actual character.
Doubt it they love putting Todd on team books instead of letting him go solo for a while to warlord things out

Village

Totally they have this cool dynamic with Dick as this unattainable ideal for Jason and they barely ever get paired. It's a shame.

One thing I will day for the reboot is it let them discard some baggage and let Todd be an actual character.
I don't think its a unattainable ideal situation at all, that's the appeal.

They are two endings to a game. That on a functional level, simultaneously do and don't understand each other.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
4787476-3668742970-Brows.gif

Season 2 Superboy was a jobber of epic proportions. Look at this shit

4787472-9803750826-43477.gif

He baptized this nigga then threw him out like garbage.

they really fucked up kon in season 2. all he did was catch Ls like he wanted to be the very best

Never liked Darkseid, DC builds him up just to clown him out.

I feel like Darkseid, hell, the entire Fourth World, only works with certain writers. The really imaginative types, like Kirby, Simonson and Morrison.

Pretty much like Thanos and Starlin.

When given to cats like Johns, both characters are terrible 1D threats. And that only worked for me once: Great Darkness Saga.

But when utilized on a more cosmic level, like Seven Soldiers/Final Crisis, both characters work.

In other words, the JL movie is going to suck.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Cody got put in prison because he wouldn't stop fighting thugs, the gotham thugs would be to scared of him.

Joker: Did he just block a fire ball with some rocks? fuck this!

You have saved gotham.

Just point cody at darkseid,solve all the problems in DCU.

cody at street level would be pretty dope, just have him go outside of gotham. have him fuck with wildcat, richard dragon, and meet o-sensei. and give bludhaven to haggar

akira28

way too much things

well like I said, we are all entitled to our opinions, but all that setup and justification and exposition and circumstance just to sell that story is bending over backwards. Just to set up the unlikely situation of an American city full of people being struck off and as you say 'declared a 3rd world country'.

And suddenly Superman is not only helpless, but a dick, because the only thing that can save Gotham is the invisible hand of the free market and public opinion.

All these freak unlikely setups just so dark and gritty superhero can have a darker and grittier city to suffer just like him, so both of them can go to the edge and all that blah blah. I mean, I loved the stories, but no, politics and circumstances and technicalities are not going to give us a no-man's land. Not without the hand of God aka writers and editor directives.

Brave and the Bold is my shit. I remember being a kid and watching The Batman, I don't know what got to me more, Joker with dreads or learning that Lex in Justice League wasn't black

Every time sometime tells me he's supposed to be "Meditteranean and tan"
oprah-shakng-her-head.gif

Anyway, sort of unrelated, but the okcupid thread reminded me. Maybe this is a light skinned black guy thing, or a black guy in a big city using online dating thing, but I've noticed I get a strange amount of attention from asian girls. Not a ton, but waay more than statistics would have me believe I should be. On okc I don't message them more often, and on tinder I pretty much swipe everyone and sort out the matches.

And then, of the ones I do connect with, I find that their exes were black. I don't know if I'm just their "type" or something, maybe I'm just overthinking things. Probably. I mean, attention from hot girls is awesome regardless of their race, but still...

jmood88

I have no plans to ever see Batman v Superman but all the talk has made me get back into Arkham Knight and my Animated Series DVDs.

Slayven

I feel like Darkseid, hell, the entire Fourth World, only works with certain writers. The really imaginative types, like Kirby, Simonson and Morrison.

Pretty much like Thanos and Starlin.

When given to cats like Johns, both characters are terrible 1D threats. And that only worked for me once: Great Darkness Saga.

But when utilized on a more cosmic level, like Seven Soldiers/Final Crisis, both characters work.

In other words, the JL movie is going to suck.

Time Warner should do a Great Darkness Saga animated movie, folks would not be ready. Only time Darkseid was a universal threat to me

Village

cody at street level would be pretty dope, just have him go outside of gotham. have him fuck with wildcat, richard dragon, and meet o-sensei. and give bludhaven to haggar
Haggar suplexing radiation

Nightwing: is he beating chemo with a pipe?

Batman on call: don't doubt his capabilities, its plus on block.

Johndoey

Banned
4787476-3668742970-Brows.gif

Season 2 Superboy was a jobber of epic proportions. Look at this shit

4787472-9803750826-43477.gif

He baptized this nigga then threw him out like garbage.

Well yeah the series boiled his powers down to "weak Superman" and he got obsolete fast. They made my man background romance character.

Edit: Shit where is my Hitman series. Give me that instead of Preacher.

Morning everyone!

How you feeling this morning?

Village

Well yeah the series boiled his powers down to "weak Superman" and he got obsolete fast. They made my man background romance character.

How you feeling this morning?

I guess folks thought if you had a superman level guy running around it would make things to easy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom