• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

So what you're saying is..it's doo doo?

lhnl88N.gif

lol Just couldn't resist could you? I knew I wasn't the only one... concerned with the manufacturer bottom line.

Ahem*

It really wasn't good. There are a few character moments between the two that work but the entire rest of the show is flaming trash. Folks been talking about how it got better since the beginning. No. No it didn't. Not that episode anyways. The lighting made the sets cheapness obvious. The dialogue was atrocious. Direction and Editing made the Lighting look Oscar Worthy.

It was like Two Broke Girls writers took Chicago Fire's camera operators to a live action Disney TV Show's set and made the crossover. It's easily the worst of the Berlanti produced Superhero shows. Hell it might be the worst of the currently running comic IP based shows... across genres.... and worse than some of the cancelled ones too.

Brutal takedown. No lies detected.

Damn, more like Jest Hatin

But yeah the sets do look like sets

I watch plenty of shows that people consider bad. I don't have crazy standards. But I also don't let blind fanaticism paint my opinion. I don't care how many side characters they bring up or references they make. It's a really, really poor production with really bad writing. Melissa Benoist does what she can with the scripts as does ole Eggs from True Blood but the rest of it just isn't salvageable.

Slayven

I watch plenty of shows that people consider bad. I don't have crazy standards. But I also don't let blind fanaticism paint my opinion. I don't care how many side characters they bring up or references they make. It's a really, really poor production with really bad writing. Melissa Benoist does what she can with the scripts as does ole Eggs from True Blood but the rest of it just isn't salvageable.

I agree with you

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know I feel sorry for people that do huge ass OPS and it has all this information and multiple people still ask questions that could of been answered if they had just read the OP. That shit is annoying

I wish we didn't have huge-ass OPs. Fast train to "not reading all that shit" especially when it reads like PR

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Then don't post in the thread instead of asking about shit that's already answered in the first post.

I didn't?

also when your text has to be turned into an image, I'm not going to load it, dammit! I think that's the tipping point for me and OTs. If your info is embedded in an image and there's no plaintext, I'm just not going to look at it.

So when do parents realize that their child has to move at their own pace when it comes to adulthood. Like this shit isn't a 3ft Pool. I have a lot of stuff personally to work out and this constant "responsibility" badgering isn't helping. Saying I'm not a man because I'm not responsible for anything yet(nevermind the fact that I have to pay for my own schooling and such now.) Shit is demoralizing and stressful.

Enzom21

S'just jokes. I've been needing a soap that isn't absolutely brutal on my skin for a while now. I'll be ordering some as well, thanks for the tip.

Get the African Black soap, it's what I use. It's pricey but it got rid of the Keratosis Pilaris on my arms.

jmood88

It recently struck me how little I pay attention to anything related to games nowadays. I've talked about how I rarely go to the gaming side anymore but I went from listening to as many gaming podcasts I could find to only listening to one and, aside from Giantbomb (which I rarely visit anymore), I can't remember the last time I went to a gaming-centric site. I still play games as much as I always have but I don't give a damn about much of the tertiary aspects of gaming like I used to.

Aiustis

So when do parents realize that their child has to move at their own pace when it comes to adulthood. Like this shit isn't a 3ft Pool. I have a lot of stuff personally to work out and this constant "responsibility" badgering isn't helping. Saying I'm not a man because I'm not responsible for anything yet(nevermind the fact that I have to pay for my own schooling and such now.) Shit is demoralizing and stressful.

Know the feels I think I've only recently pushed a little more towards adulting and I'm almost 28.

Village

Thank you for reminding me the megaman comics much like the games, got cancelled. It sucks, and it happened for a bunch of reasons, both capcom and archie. Though arguably the ones on the capcom side happened way before this comic was conceived.

The boom comics got downsized, I honestly don't know why that happened. Maybe they just didn' have enough people.

Those comics were pretty good though. Too bad megaman had to go own on one of the shittiest comci book crossoevers of all time worlds unite.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The supergirl and flash teamup was good until THAT moment. Shit busted my corny as hell meter

Yeah, it was too much. Also, why was the Flash needed if it was just going to be
some random firefighter
saving the day for Kara anyway? What did he actually do to help?

Imm0rt4l

cdyhybrid

Gonna give this a look over later. I think the analog is really just surface level and dwelling on it can become problematic. I don't think the general population look at magneto as a hero. Meanwhile Malcolm X was definitely a hero, though racists would have you believe otherwise.
That's pretty much what it's about. That the characters reflected more of the public perception of the two rather than the whole picture.

ReiGun

Gonna give this a look over later. I think the analog is really just surface level and dwelling on it can become problematic. I don't think the general population look at magneto as a hero. Meanwhile Malcolm X was definitely a hero, though racists would have you believe otherwise.
That's the X-Men in general. All parallels to real life prejudice and the struggle for equality are best left at the surface level. Whenever they try to make the connections more 1:1, they fall apart.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Yeah, it was too much. Also, why was the Flash needed if it was just going to be
some random firefighter
saving the day for Kara anyway? What did he actually do to help?

Why they gotta cockblock Supergirl like that??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom