• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
jokers reach kills her? lol what are you even talking about mane.

Everybody and their mama knows the Joker is more popular than Harley. yet you keep mentioning the joker being more popular everytime you quote me. like you are porkey the pig o_O.

because you keep moving goal posts, and name dropping comic gaf for some reason

TheFlow

Banned
So, what you're saying is that the average person, who has MAINLY consumed Batman media through cinema, or that old timey TV show, have to know who Harley is? Because she's his sidekick in the comics and a couple of cartoons? Is that what we're getting at? Because that's just a wrong ass statement. I understand you don't WANT to be wrong, but here we are..
. "Anybody who knows Joker knows harley."-Theflow

why is that one sentence being taken out of context out of the the whole paragraph I wrote.

Gordon now I refuse to believe you are this petty but then I again I haven't been around long enough. No way would you start nitpicking what I said to fit your argument :D

s10nbj5.jpg

You win, kid..

TheFlow

Banned

You win, kid..
thanks Grandpa :p

and you keep saying people that know the joker know harley. which isnt true

so I am neither right nor wrong because both our cases can be proven correct. like I said mane we going in circles, and the only way the circle breaks if one or both of us let it go :D. I have been trying to tell you this MANE.

I am not staying up late to argue about Harley. I dislike her way too much.

D i Z

Yeah. Thanks for that Forbes link again, ass! Look at what the fuck you did..lol. Unbelievable.

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

My bad. Don't know what i was thinking dropping facts in a fact free zone like that. Won't happen again.

you and the joker have something in common

We're both surrounded by clowns? The ironies of the world have us crying on the inside?? Our revivals during the 90's? Being deceptively sharp on the dance floor regardless of attire?
The realization that the cosmic joke has always had its own soundtrack, and that its most common interpretation is something close to a room full of giggling mouth breathers??? Shit to do in the morning????

There's a lot of overlap if I really think about it...

Them dropping that scene was desperate, but smart. It gets the people who have seen it already but were disappointing to at least remain interested while they scramble to retool the entire mess, and puts an asterix on any further trash talking from the newer first time viewership.

they already hinted at
darkseid
didn't they? why even bother releasing that scene of something even more obscure just to tease

andthebeatgoeson

Wb is putting out wonder woman and justice league regardless of what SS does. wish people would realize that.

The article said they are currently rolling with the same team to lead the new films. They might have to get new people.

The studio’s management has elected to hire the same creative team that made Batman v Superman to oversee the franchise’s future pictures.

That interest in the next group of films will fade.

Edit: Just read the entire last page.

10-facons-differentes-de-saluer10.jpg

WB is on a train all the way to JL part 1 and nothing will drastically change without costing them more then they are willing to do so all the mistakes shall be made until then

Slayven

I wanted BvS to be good so that people wouldn't shit on Marvel movies all the time. Serious business DC was suppose to bring balance to the comicbook movie force.

shingi70

Banned
Someone said Comic-gaf.

The Joker is surely more well Known then Harley, but Harley is a far more relevant character right now. There's a reason that outside of the Arkham games she isn't a Villian in any of the media, she's goes from Anti-hero to Wonder Woman's roommate on the scale of Manic Pixie dream girl.

Dido and Lee were right by calling her the fourth pillar of DC comics (Though i'd say she's fifth and JL is fourth). She makes money for a relatively new market for the comics industry.

Slayven

Someone said Comic-gaf.

The Joker is surely more well Known then Harley, but Harley is a far more relevant character right now. There's a reason that outside of the Arkham games she isn't a Villian in any of the media, she's goes from Anti-hero to Wonder Woman's roommate on the scale of Manic Pixie dream girl.

Dido and Lee were right by calling her the fourth pillar of DC comics (Though i'd say she's fifth and JL is fourth). She makes money for a relatively new market for the comics industry.
That says more about the state of DC comics more than anything
Just wish they pushed a more positive character. Marvel doesn't have that problem

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't understand why y'all are so stuck on how popular a character is before their movie comes out.

We live in a world where Deadpool outgrosses Wolverine and X-Men movies, and Batman and Superman together still can't match the opening weekend of a solo Iron Man movie.

shingi70

Banned
That says more about the state of DC comics more than anything
Just wish they pushed a more positive character. Marvel doesn't have that problem

I'd say more recent portrayals of Harley have been positive. Ever since Gotham City Siren's she's been a fairly independent character free of the Joker. He just appeared in her series a month or two ago and it came down to her saying she's done with his bullshit and she isn't going to screw her life up for him.

I do have a problem with the animated series version of the character, being a poster child for domestic abuse.

I'd say marvel has a worse problem seeing as non of the female characters they push haven't made a lasting impact outside of the small stretch that they're popular. That probably has to do with Marvel's shitty way of marketing toward women in general though. No one is talking about Spider-Gwen, Ms.Marvel, or even Squirrel Girl anymore.

Marvel has good female characters in the MCU but none of them are pushed in merchandise. Despite the film not living up to the hype marketing Wonder Woman as an equal seems to have left an impression with general audiences.

Marvel seems to betting all their chips on Carol Danvers's and as someone who has a Carol Corps T-shirt, there's not much to her other than a cool character design.

Infinite

Visits to NYC always fill me with hope for a post racial society. Couple combinations you never even thought of, in regular ass America.

And they look cute together. I would walk around and say, 'sure, YNOT?'

Edit: Y u have to slap him that way?

We supposed to be brothers!

Now that I said that line, I'll be listening to mos def in the gym today.
Lmao nah

ReiGun

Ehh, I'm not as pressed over Snyder being the ideas guy for DC films. The main problems with BvS came from his personal weaknesses as a director and a storyteller. He's a great ideas man and clearly cares about this stuff. I didn't have any problems with the ideas in BvS or the world that was built. Reports say that DC's directors will all have a certain amount of autonomy in bringing their individual films to life. Maybe Snyder can't make a great action movie in this world, but there's nothing saying David Ayer or Patty Jenkins can't.

I'm willing to wait to see what Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad are like before I get all doom and gloom.

I wanted BvS to be good so that people wouldn't shit on Marvel movies all the time. Serious business DC was suppose to bring balance to the comicbook movie force.

Depending on who you talk to, it is good.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to admit that opinions are divided. It's like everyone is forming their little echo chambers where the movie either is great or sucked, and then are SHOCKED when they meet someone from the opposite camp. Then the two fight because stop liking/disliking what I dislike/like.

jmood88

Visits to NYC always fill me with hope for a post racial society. Couple combinations you never even thought of, in regular ass America.

And they look cute together. I would walk around and say, 'sure, YNOT?'

Edit: Y u have to slap him that way?

We supposed to be brothers!

Now that I said that line, I'll be listening to mos def in the gym today.
If only interracial coupling actually did anything to end racism.

I do not like Harley

same she wears too much make-up and isn't asian in any universe
giphy.gif

Chaos lol
image.php

I don't know why it's so hard for people to admit that opinions are divided. It's like everyone is forming their little echo chambers where the movie either is great or sucked, and then are SHOCKED when they meet someone from the opposite camp. Then the two fight because stop liking/disliking what I dislike/like.
I've honestly seen people giving it a 5/10 than anything else, and still get shit on lol..it's a weird phenomenon.

I don't understand why y'all are so stuck on how popular a character is before their movie comes out.

We live in a world where Deadpool outgrosses Wolverine and X-Men movies, and Batman and Superman together still can't match the opening weekend of a solo Iron Man movie.
I don't necessarily disagree with you. But, you've gotta admit, the marketing for Deadpool was just on a completely different level..I don't think there's another comic book movie that did it like them. It was plenty and it was constant. He was everywhere. I saw so many "this has nothing to do with Deadpool" Deadpool commercials that you'd think he was the most popular character in the universe, and I'm talking MONTHS before release..

Doesn't mean there's no potential for Harley to have any pull, but Reynolds/Fox really pulled off something special..it's a little different. Looking forward to SS myself. Was more interested from what I saw in the trailers than BvS, sadly..

TheFlow

Banned
You know a movie was going to be great when it features movie from DMX.

X gonna give it to yah. Why wasn't that song in a x-men movie.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
You know a movie was going to be great when it features movie from DMX.

X gonna give it to yah. Why wasn't that song in a x-men movie.

Deadpool is trolling rightclops fans. Also knowing theres a snowballs chance in hell that singer pushes cyclops in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom