• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

I'm too scared to click on this. What is it. ?
Click it click it

OAGF.jpg

Don't click it

do people just type bad while drunk on purpose?

cuz my stepdad's nephew had a gallon bottle of moonshine and i think i had way too much and i can't even walk in a straight line but my typing is still pretty good imo

i feel like if i lit a match i could breathe fire

cuz my stepdad's nephew had a gallon bottle of moonshine and i think i had way too much and i can't even walk in a straight line but my typing is still pretty good imo

Slayven, can you answer this, and if you still own those leopard spotted gloves?

Malyse

I type badly when tipsy, but autocorrect saves me. It's the wrong word thing that trips me up. Also, that's only tipsy. Drunk? Fuck it.
Slayven, can you answer this, and if you still own those leopard spotted gloves?
Wait is Slayven always drunk? That don't make sense considering how thirsty he always is for non black women.

Numb

I guess. But something tells me it'd happen any other day..it's pretty lame.

You right
Seems you gotta think carefully of each word in a thread if you are the OP
Even when the thread isn't sensitive it could get so quick
You can't see that coming

why im never making threads

You right
Seems you gotta think carefully of each word in a thread if you are the OP
Even when the thread isn't sensitive it could get so quick
You can't see that coming

why im never making threads

Yeah. I can understand that. Caught shit for one earlier today, which I GUESS I get. This one? Nah, man. Then again, that fucking Ghostbusters reboot seems to have equal parts rabid haters and defenders. Can't say shit about SHIT anymore..damn children..

Numb

Yeah. I can understand that. Caught shit for one earlier today, which I GUESS I get. This one? Nah, man. Then again, that fucking Ghostbusters reboot seems to have equal parts rabid haters and defenders. Can't say shit about SHIT anymore..damn children..

The council of Gordon haters have started their plans
Jandro in the background pulling the strings

RedSwirl

I know I have a tendency to just parachute in here these days but I think I found something worth discussing for a page or so.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...a87128-f5e3-11e5-9804-537defcc3cf6_story.html

Article basically looks at how corporate America came to the defense of LGBT people in response to some laws being passed. In this country I guess that's when you know a particular group is winning. Article suggests the black community should try to get corporate America on its side or that corporate America should defend POC the same way.

Can that be done? How likely is it for corporations to do that? How much do corporations even value black dollars? Article makes a reference towards the end to the bus boycotts.

Article touches a bit on a possible reason the tide is turning for LGBT rights which I think HTown also touched on in a thread way back: any white person in power could have a friend, family member, or maybe even themselves come out as LGBT. They're more likely to live near LGBT people and interact with them to see their humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom