• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrocious

I got to about a page in on that and just went out of it. The thing is that the OP remains friends with those people. I know he is in Europe but damn.

tbh, shit like that makes me wary about traveling to a new country. i just got my passport last month too....

BlackGAF, Help me..

What on fucking earth has 141 people dead by March 31st in the Chi?!!

Is the gang violence that real? Is the school system nonexistent? Is there a eregious amount of resources lacking in the community?

I haven't been to Chitown yet, beautiful city from what I see but whats going on?

that's just a tuesday

BlackGAF, Help me..

Is the gang violence that real? Is the school system nonexistent? Is there a eregious amount of resources lacking in the community?

I haven't been to Chitown yet, beautiful city from what I see but whats going on?

Johndoey

Banned
Average is about .65 cents a wing in most establishments making publix a legitimate value forvthe conscientious purchaser.

Chicago is emblematic of our issues with adequate schooling, public assistance programs, and thoughtful useful policing, no real opportunities for upward mobility.
Or something I don't know I'm fucked right now

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
BlackGAF, Help me..

Chicago is an awesome city. Most of the violence is in areas where tourists wouldn't go anyway. From what I have read, it is just an entire subculture where violence, gangs, etc. is a way of life and has been for generations. So breaking that cycle is going to be hard, especially when most of the people who get an education and job don't look back. I have to throw in a corrupt police/justice system that pretty much crushes people will to dream and better themselves as a component as well.

Anyone with more insight feel free to correct me.

Shy

shows the disrespect Snyder has for the franchise to be honest
8AqagHc.gif

BlackGAF, Help me..

Ain't from there. Can't answer. Is a sad situation.
When we playing again, sir?

Afrocious

so i missed out on the consensus and conversation about bvs in this thread. i was too busy spending a few days questioning why zack snyder was given the keys to the justice league

i'm guessing ya'll didn't like it either

Johndoey

Banned
Funny enough Chicago's gun laws have actually gotten more lax over recent years, which is neither here nor the tree e cause getting guns is pretty doable no matter where you are in the country.

Auto correct you is good people

Chicago is an awesome city. Most of the violence is in areas where tourists wouldn't go anyway. From what I have read, it is just an entire subculture where violence, gangs, etc. is a way of life and has been for generations. So breaking that cycle is going to be hard, especially when most of the people who get an education and job don't look back. I have to throw in a corrupt police/justice system that pretty much crushes people will to dream and better themselves as a component as well.

Anyone with more insight feel free to correct me.

Damn, I just can't fathom it, it always feels like somebody is over reporting to make things seem bad, but you picture 141 people standing in a room and you realize its a serious problem.

Ain't from there. Can't answer. Is a sad situation.

Sad indeed.

so i missed out on the consensus and conversation about bvs in this thread. i was too busy spending a few days questioning why zack snyder was given the keys to the justice league

i'm guessing ya'll didn't like it either

I actually liked it. I recognize that its a suicide film for comic fan but I thought the negatives were overblown a bit. Way too long though, I said in another post that its awesome to see a blockbuster fail film school 101.

Johndoey

Banned
I don't know if it'll be today, but soon. Promise. ❤️

I don't play them as i used too (think i'm too old and burnt out) But if you have a question, i'll do my best to help you out.
Nah I was just thinking of grabbing SFV again and I understand FG concepts but my physical execution is lacking.

Shy

Tomorrow in 2018..you always getting a pass, O. 😉
Sorry man, i always feel so terrible when i decline your offer.

And you're always too kind giving me a pass. When i don't deserve one.
Nah I was just thinking of grabbing SFV again and I understand FG concepts but my physical execution is lacking.
If you're not in a rush, i'd say hold off for a few months so Capcom can get their house in order, by adding more content and hopefully locking down online issues.

And by then you might have a few more options if you want to get something else, KOF XIV, Tekken 7. Etc.

Sorry man, i always feel so terrible when i decline your offer.

And you're always too kind giving me a pass. When i don't deserve one.
You always deserve it, brother 😘

---

Damn. Should of been clearer in the OP. Crazy how certain threads get shut down before others. A woman can have a man grab her, bruise her arm, and have people defend the man like he was family. Same man will give the "Don't matter if it's a man or a woman..don't hit me" spiel. Wasn't making jokes. I think this new Ashton Kutcher show we just watched made her violent prior lol..

Life's funny that way, I guess..

Dai101

Banned
0f5i7hN.jpg

/dead

the tequila man

No. It's the Tonayan-Man.

Tonayan is a brand of cheap (REALLY CHEAP) "mezcal", Is the lowest of the low in alcohol beverages that still can be sold legally. is like if moonshine could be taped and sold with a brand name.

0wySsyJ.jpg

When the struggle collides

Dai101

Banned
"Huevon" means, at least here in Mexico and other Latinamerican countries, an extremely lazy person. In others like Chile is a term of endearment, the equvalent with "dude" (or "wey/güey" here) and is usually used as "hueon" without the "V".

Let's check the UD definition:

in latin culture, a lazy man. a huevon is a person who is so lazy that his testicles drag on the ground. derived from the use of the spanish word huevos (eggs) as a slang word for testicles. A huevona is a the female equivalent, although a bit less true-to-form given the lack of a droopy ballsack!

Malyse

SPHUQ7u.jpg

Does anyone fuck with their fans harder than Nintendo? Who makes the header of the "games featured in Smash" the game that you've been adamantly refusing to release?

FyreWulff

they advertised Unreal Tournament 3 as "from the makers of Gears of War"

edit:

I always thought it was funny that UE3 was licensed everywhere but UT3 went nowhere, while HL2 sold mountains but nobody wanted to license Source.

"Huevon" means, at least here in Mexico and other Latinamerican countries, an extremely lazy person. In others like Chile is a term of endearment, the equvalent with "dude" (or "wey/güey" here) and is usually used as "hueon" without the "V".
THIS is why that word always gives me laughs..saying that shit is like a religion over there lol.

SPHUQ7u.jpg

Does anyone fuck with their fans harder than Nintendo? Who makes the header of the "games featured in Smash" the game that you've been adamantly refusing to release?

They know. They just DGAF. Remember the E3 Nintendo Direct robot chicken skit where they had a fan yelling about Mother 3?
mother3robotchicken.jpg

Johndoey

Banned
God I really dislike it when people come into speedrunning threads just to say using glitches in a run is "cheating or improper" or some shit it's like why go out of your way to display ignorance? Glitch free runs are around just bug off.

Dai101

Banned
THIS is why that word always gives me laughs..saying that shit is like a religion over there lol.

Oh BTW. The "¡A huevo!" the Tonayan-Man is saying is another expression equivalent to "Fuck yeah!" as in "Fuck yeah! Tonayan time! = ¡A huevo! !Saquen el Tonayan que se suspendieron las clases en la prepa y no tenemos varo* para comprar algo mas decente para ponernos pendejos mientras nuestros padres se soban el lomo para mantener nuestros vagos traseros dizque estudiando¡¡"

*money/dough/cash/bread/paper/moolah

andthebeatgoeson

i'm willing to believe i've just never drank any good tequila because i think that shit is gross
Patron and tres generation are good shit. Good tequila is like good vodka. You just haven't had it yet.

Not drinking because I'm at work but what liquor have you never gone back to?

Absolut is trash but I got lit on Jim Beam my very first time and I'm never going back. Black Beach Week in Daytona in 97 and I'm never gonna do it again.

Furyous

Organic Tequila is great but I fucks with the $2.50 a shot Tequila. Let it put some hair on your chest. That weird burn you feel from your liver as it gets attacked by unprocessed toxins in cheap Tequila is dope.

Since we talking about struggle drinks take this concoction I dare you:

2 shots of Tequila + 3 shots of 151 + Xyience energy drink. Take five shots of this and get back to me.

Let me shit on Belevedere drinkers real quick. BWAHAHAHAHAHA your taste in likka is disgusting. Drink a real drink dammit you ol Washington Apple drinking snobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom