• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFlow

Banned
Stay mad as hell that I'm still gonna be around while you getting your 3rd hip replacement.

this is the thread right now
pdZFiYm.gif

Johndoey

Banned
Quantum Break is pretty cool, it's silly but just with enough charm and self awareness to avoid being grating. Unfortunately not as weird as Alan Wake of Payne 1-2 which was a bit disappointing. The TV show is pretty cool, not good but cool.

-------Whopp--------
7y7IYuP.jpg

Man, i'm not gonna lie, that diversity thread on gaming side just makes me uncomfortable.

All the "maybe it's because I'm not a minority, but I don't care" and "i AM a minority, and I don't care" stuff getting parroted around without a second thought, people seeming to take pride in their not caring about diversity, and not really actually addressing, or playing dumb regarding the topic at hand... Man, seeing that kind of thing happen so unanimously, I dunno. Something about that thread, I just don't feel right reading it. :/

Bronx-Man

Banned
Man, i'm not gonna lie, that diversity thread on gaming side just makes me uncomfortable.

All the "maybe it's because I'm not a minority, but I don't care" and "i AM a minority, and I don't care" stuff getting parroted around without a second thought, people seeming to take pride in their not caring about diversity, and not really actually addressing, or playing dumb regarding the topic at hand... Man, seeing that kind of thing happen so unanimously, I dunno. Something about that thread, I just don't feel right reading it. :/

It just feels like people going, "Hey, hey! I'm one of the good ones! I won't rock the boat!"

Furyous

Just saw an article titled "more than one medical student at UVA believe black people don't feel pain"

Other beliefs in in the article include: blacks age more slowly than whites; their nerve endings are less sensitive than whites’; their blood coagulates more quickly than whites’; their skin is thicker than whites’ (all false). 

Smh

they on to us fam 👀

All of these myths are debunked by black scientists. The specific men's names escape me at the moment but these are scientificially proven false.

Can we banish Azalea Banks to the phantom zone please

Or at least revoke her social media priveleges

Send her to the negative zone or through one of those portals from Sliders.

--

Speaking of facebook stalking, can someone tell me why my church friend defriended me because I said Muslims are persecuted and our specific multinational church is in no way shape, form, or fashion persecuted? Oh well this is what happens when I give an opinion on anything that people were not raised to believe. Something called general conference happened and I'm catching up on that.

Hey, don't forget about the "shoving in minorities for the sake of having minorities is just as bad"-folks.

Fucking Gaming side, man.

zeemumu

Yeah, it's been forever since I've seen the movie. I think it was the Dream Warriors one.

It wasn't dream warriors. The only kills in that one are the puppet out of the window, getting shoved through a television, overdosed on drugs, failure to ranged dps, getting impaled, and getting straight up stabbed.

Edit: Found it. It was The Dream Master.

LionPride

Banned
So found out girl likes me, she's the younger sister of a friend of mine and the girl is a freshman. I'm gonna ask my friend if they're ok with me potentially dating their sister, no idea what to do if they say no though

Slayven

Just goes to show you how gaming as a whole has a lot of growing up to do

ReiGun

Had to X the tab when I saw someone say "I mean, if I got mad there weren't people like me in games, I wouldn't have any games to play."

Like, fam, how do you not see that, that's a problem? The problem, in fact.

Imm0rt4l

All of these myths are debunked by black scientists. The specific men's names escape me at the moment but these are scientificially proven false.

Send her to the negative zone or through one of those portals from Sliders.

--

Speaking of facebook stalking, can someone tell me why my church friend defriended me because I said Muslims are persecuted and our specific multinational church is in no way shape, form, or fashion persecuted? Oh well this is what happens when I give an opinion on anything that people were not raised to believe. Something called general conference happened and I'm catching up on that.

that persecution complex breh. So I'm guessing this individual didn't even make a retort

Johndoey

Banned
Everything about that story is nonsensical, I love it.

200 mile Uber.

Uber driver needs a nap.

Apparently just offers the wheel?

Fucker can't drive, cops on their asses.

Uber bro rises from sleep, dude won't stop the car.

Finale: They crash.

I'm hype as fuck with Final Fantasy XV, but there's just a little thing that concerns me. If they're going to have all men, at least put in one non-white/Japanese in there, but it's FF where anyone not of those two races are rare and when they are in, that character for damn sure isn't the lead.

Everything about that story is nonsensical, I love it.

200 mile Uber.

Uber driver needs a nap.

Apparently just offers the wheel?

Fucker can't drive, cops on their asses.

Uber bro rises from sleep, dude won't stop the car.

Finale: They crash.

Uber Everywhere skrr skrr!

I'm hype as fuck with Final Fantasy XV, but there's just a little thing that concerns me. If they're going to have all men, at least put in one non-white/Japanese in there, but it's FF where anyone not of those two races are rare and when they are in, that character for damn sure isn't the lead.

If he's black he'll be comedic relief who shucks and jives.

ReiGun

I hope for everyone's sake, FFXV is actually good.

Brehs have literally completed college, found careers, and started families in the time it's taken Square to make this game. The backlash if it's bad....whew.

Shy

Brehs have literally completed college, found careers, and started families in the time it's taken Square to make this game. The backlash if it's bad....whew.
And yet, they'll still buy the most expensive collector's edition of next one, when it comes out. LOL.

Had to X the tab when I saw someone say "I mean, if I got mad there weren't people like me in games, I wouldn't have any games to play."

Like, fam, how do you not see that, that's a problem? The problem, in fact.

Exactly! Man... Sometimes I wonder if people like that even at least try to understand the other perspective. It's sad how people can be so apathetic to things that don't concern them. As you say, that such things are normalized to most people, even to minorities, THAT's something that maybe we should take a step back and re-evaluate.

Just goes to show you how gaming as a whole has a lot of growing up to do

Definitely. OT is generally more straightforward, but man, the Gaming side... it really is as you say.

Hey, don't forget about the "shoving in minorities for the sake of having minorities is just as bad"-folks.

Fucking Gaming side, man.

Those are the worst posts. When people go on about "checking a quota is bad!" or "it was just the creator's vision to create as homogenous a cast as possible"...

The first doesn't hurt anyone. If you can't handle diversity that's on you.

The 'creator's vision" stuff is nonsense. People can and do have the right to critique a creator's work and make it better. WE don't actually know why the creator chose to make a non-diverse cast is. Usually it's either they forgot/didn't think about it, or they actively chose not to. Both of those are worthy of criticism.

I feel like things have become a lot more positive regarding the game since the event. That airship reveal was PERFECT.

I'm so looking forward to it, even if yeah I take problems with the diversity issue. You can like something and of course be fully aware of its troublesome elements and how they can be improved. Being critical about the things you like, nothing wrong with that.

Johndoey

Banned
The contested convention probs happening.

It's probably going to be mediocre and peeps will lose their minds.

akira28

How do yall feel about studs on black men?

Wear it to the club, don't go alone. obvious displays of wealth can work for and against you. like who you attract and who's looking for what. And also try to see what it looks like first so you don't waste your money.

Furyous

that persecution complex breh. So I'm guessing this individual didn't even make a retort

She took it as a sign of disrespect and unfriended me. Of course she's married with four kids and was a single mother before so she took it as a worldly influence on her family.

--

FFXV should be great because it has one of my favorite summons in Carbuncle. Who doesn't want an open world male version of FFX-2? Dudebros gon dudebro in a land of DUDEBROS.

BlackJace

Wear it to the club, don't go alone. obvious displays of wealth can work for and against you. like who you attract and who's looking for what. And also try to see what it looks like first so you don't waste your money.

Thanks, I've been mulling over it for a long while now, so it's time to do some serious research.

BlackJace

As soon as I saw "Destroy the three generators" and the "Defend the train from the assault" mission objectives in the last trailer, I saw the writing on the wall, at least to me,

I'll still most likely nab the PC release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom