• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, the FFXV pessimism lol. Wasn't feeling it initially, but after spending time with the Platinum demo I think it's gonna turn out pretty well. Even with the battle system in such a clearly rudimentary form, there are a pretty satisfying number of ways you can approach combat in the demo. If Square continues to build upon those possibilities and nails the level design and traversal, I can see the game being lot of fun.

ReiGun

My nostalgia for Square isn't strong enough to give them the benefit of the doubt in the face of how meh-tastic they've been during this last decade.

ReiGun

The LTTP and BvS retrospective threads will be interesting

Not really. The extreme negative reaction guarantees it'll be a lot of "it was bad, but not that bad."

People are going to be preparing themselves for a Wal-Mart bargain bin level disaster and get met with a poorly edited mediocre movie.

Slayven

Not really. The extreme negative reaction guarantees it'll be a lot of "it was bad, but not that bad."

People are going to be preparing themselves for a Wal-Mart bargain bin level disaster and get met with a poorly edited mediocre movie.

I don't know MoS threads keep cropping up. But then again we haven't gotten any Fantastic Four LTTP threads.

Imm0rt4l

I don't think so. If anything, I think the people who love it now will come to realize it's bad. People loved phantom menace when it came out for example.

Johndoey

Banned
Through time travel FF13 to -3 is the Not Another Teen Movie of games
FF1 and 2 are The Room and Battlefield Earth of games

Why are you insulting classic film Not Another Teen Movie with this highly questionable comparison?

-----------Damien--------------

Episode 3

The evil dog is staring people done like a champ.

Satanic cult lady is coming on too strong.

lol, bleeding heart statues. The Anti-Christ is a shit friend.

Trey

when the white neighhbor show up to the cookout with plastic utensils.

CfUvXiVUMAAljfP.jpg:large

Why are you insulting classic film Not Another Teen Movie with this highly questionable comparison?

-----------Damien--------------

Episode 3

The evil dog is staring people done like a champ.

Satanic cult lady is coming on too strong.

lol, bleeding heart statues. The Anti-Christ is a shit friend.
I associate trash with trash

RedSwirl

From what footage I've seen FFXV just looks like it's gonna be a reasonably good game. And honestly, that's all it has to be right now. In order to begin the recovery phase, it just has to not be the production/critical disaster the XIII franchise and the initial version of XIV were. If Square Enix can just ship a game that feels like a reasonable RPG with slick production values I think people will at least get some confidence in the company back.

ReiGun

I don't think so. If anything, I think the people who love it now will come to realize it's bad. People loved phantom menace when it came out for example.

I mean, that's inevitable too. Even now, people who like it are more and more willing to admit it has problems. But I think the hyperbole surrounding it is going to lead to people going in expecting something way worse than what the movie actually is. Even on Gaf, as the days pass, you got people popping up going "Saw it. Didn't like it, but it wasn't nearly that bad."

Distance will mean people, depending on taste, either see it as a movie that's bad but got more flack than it deserves, or a decent movie that possesses some apparent problems. It certainly won't be the worst thing ever or a masterpiece like some of the crazier people online are making it out to be. Right now, everyone is just caught up in the hype and trying to one up each other on how badly they can shit on it or reaching like Plastic Man to defend it.

ReiGun

bolded for truth

Now 12 wasn't perfect either, but there was so much potential there for them to improve upon and take the series in a great direction.

But fans hit them with the smooth "Nah b." So they just tried to remake the magic of 7/10/6/some other shit and threw in a Leona Lewis song cause why not.

I still maintain 13 wasn't even that bad. Its story was dumb as all fucks, but after the rejection of FF12, I say the fans got what they deserved. :salty:

FFXIII was hot garbage. First FF title I didn't bother to finish. I got to Hope's part and was like I'm done.

I agree with your statement on FF12. I've put so many hours into that game it's crazy.

ReiGun

I got all the way to getting Hope's summon and it hit me that I played that long just to get to HD Hyrule Field and I just took it to gamestop for that $7 store credit.

Afrocious

If you set aside FF12's story past the halfway point, the game is legit

i know people compare Xenoblade to it and some say it's better than FF12, but I completely disagree. Xenoblade had a great world with fauna, but FF12's felt lived in with people and lore. every town/city/area in FF12 had a secret boss or some shit

ReiGun

Them hunts tho.
wow.png

The license board was the biggest missed opportunity. It was too open, so there was little urgency in your decisions.

Malyse

FFXV is going to be perfectly fine, but people will have a negative reaction and compare it unfavorable to previous installments, just like the old fanbase did for FFVII and general public did for FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFXII, and FFXIII. The least popular Final Fantasy is the most recently released one, in spite of the fact that only one of them was objectively flawed to the point of being bad (FFXIV, which has since been fixed with A Realm Reborn). People just like to have a reason to complain.

cdyhybrid

FFXV is going to be perfectly fine, but people will have a negative reaction and compare it unfavorable to previous installments, just like the old fanbase did for FFVII and general public did for FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFXII, and FFXIII. The least popular Final Fantasy is the most recently released one, in spite of the fact that only one of them was objectively flawed to the point of being bad (FFXIV, which has since been fixed with A Realm Reborn). People just like to have a reason to complain.

You liked Mystic Quest?

Why you motherfuckers so negative? Can't y'all let some people be happy? Shit!

It's in the gamer nature to bitch and moan about games they're going to end up buying anyway.

Like look at this nigga:

FFXIII was hot garbage. First FF title I didn't bother to finish. I got to Hope's part and was like I'm done.

I agree with your statement on FF12. I've put so many hours into that game it's crazy.

Cash money says he cant even tell you why he doesnt like the motherfucker other than "people said it was bad so..."
mjlol.png

Shit is tired.

White people be like, when they get thier car commandeered in movies the tank is full of gas
Black people be like, yea fake the car officer, wreck it while you're at it it's in my baby's mama's name and on E

Lucini

Banned
This might have already been posted:
1412a052254d17e8cf2a8c449fcb4649.jpg

1fb5ed4bbc3bfe948270100afa454939.jpg

59babe4095a92b92d6375c715ce218bd.jpg

f3d0d91aa1475ace83f3c7068c5b7baf.jpg

I'm glad she got out but 20 years because of some prosecutor's feelings is bullshit.
https://youtu.be/znNRpCih2wI
http://www.vibe.com/2016/02/ramona-...sc-fb&utm_medium=ref&utm_campaign=ramonabrant

This shit hurts so bad to read. These stories really fuck with me.

I had a pretty dark turn around 2004-2005, where I was selling prescription pills and abusing alcohol pretty bad. I didn't realize what kind of shit I was in, until I had a stolen gun, numbers filed off, and one of the other people I knew who sold got killed. I never left a state faster. Better that I didn't actually reside in the state. Cut ties and bounced back to California. Her abusive husband could have been me. I could have started a family only to abuse and terrorize them through my drunken bullshit. I swear it was nothing but the grace of God that saved me from myself.

BigDes

Batman Bad Blood & Justice League vs Teen Titans just solidifies that WB's animation arm has a better grasp on these established characters and interesting stories to tell with them than the people they're paying out the ass for on the cinematic universe side.

Yep

Also showing that the best way to make obnoxious child characters bearable and make you actively root for them is to intentionally make them super obnoxious.

Damian is one of the best characters DC has ever made

Slayven

Batman Bad Blood & Justice League vs Teen Titans just solidifies that WB's animation arm has a better grasp on these established characters and interesting stories to tell with them than the people they're paying out the ass for on the cinematic universe side.

Nah their animated arms still make the character superfiscal and archtypey as fuck

Village

I think this would imply that ff games haven't already dipped in quality.
Not really? The 13's weren't great, but the game before and the realm reborn game after is fantastic. Type 0 is great, and that guy is making 15.

And even before twelve
7 8 9 10 and 11 all great.

So the dip in quality is toriyama, ff is fine. Ff15 is Problably going to be great.

We had a really long delay in lightning town, and we are back on schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom