• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApharmdX

Banned
She's holding a discussion on the ramifications of alluring attire for the young ladies at school. Specifically centering the conversation around the nature of young men, and their ability (or lack there of) to resist raping said girls because of alluring attire.

What a disaster.

akira28

what did Erykah say ?

https://twitter.com/fatbellybella

girls should wear longer skirts, blah blah, like any other mom back in my day. Of course these days mom's buy their girls booty shorts that have juicy on the rear pockets, so...

and then the tweens and teens on black twitter got attitudes about it. also other people trying to bring in that no means no, who is responsible, blaming the victim, blaming maleness, stuff. I'm pretty sure people can dig whatever they want to fight about out of the assumed subtext of her statements. whatever.

wow. excuse you? fuck off with that.

Don't get mad at me, I was just stating an observation. It's probably the inverse where you live.

UNO on the other hand everyone plays, but depending on who you're playing with the rules change. The rules I mainly play with folks

-Doubles
-One card per draw (rather than draw until you get your card)
-Draw 4s can stack on draw 2s, but not the other way around.
-"Uno out"

And if we're not playing UNO then I'm fuckin y'all up in Spades. 2013 Korea JLOTS Champion (it was a spades tourney in Korea where people from every military branch participated, me and this East European cat won) My proudest moment, until a South Korean special forces dude kicked my ass in a Tekken Tag tourney

that A****n R**p thread on Gaming Side is a got damn graveyard. Like if you even press reply your account is in the bushes. I ain't even typing the name, that's how shook I am.

Not touching it with a 10 foot pole.

Numb

waaaaat
beltreisawesome.gif

Who needs human contact/love when you have games?
Who needs entertainment when you got GAF?

Afrocious

Don't get mad at me, I was just stating an observation. Card game demographics probably change with region so it's probably the inverse where you live. But the only brotha I knew around here who played phase 10 exclusively smashed white girls. No bullshit.

UNO on the other hand everyone plays, but depending on who you're playing with the rules change. The rules I mainly play with folks

-Doubles
-One card per draw (rather than draw until you get your card)
-Draw 4s can stack on draw 2s, but not the other way around.
-"Uno out"

And if we're not playing UNO then I'm fuckin y'all up in Spades. 2013 Korea JLOTS Champion (it was a spades tourney in Korea where people from every military branch participated, me and this East European cat won) My proudest moment, until a South Korean special forces dude kicked my ass in a Tekken Tag tourney

Sorry but I really don't give two shits what your justification was to make that comment.
It was uncalled for, and I'm pretty upset that I'm posting in what I've always assumed was where black users of this site can post and talk and I encounter ignorant shit from another person making the implication - for whatever reason - that playing some card game is some symbol of being black or the opposite - that being playing a fucking game implies you're white by whatever middle school bus ride logic you either slipped into or have been thriving on. That was some simple shit and, honestly, it's pretty disgusting. I was going to let it roll off my back like I let most ignorant people's words do, but you have the audacity to say you're making some observation as if you did nothing wrong.

Look. I don't know you. I don't know about you. Perhaps you have some reputation that I missed out on since I jump into this thread for stretches of time and then I dip out. So maybe I'm uninitiated in whatever nonsense you could possibly be known for. That said, maybe the joke is on me then for possibly being naive.

I've done something white people do and played Dark Souls 3. I've also done something else white people do and that is turn the game off on my PC nonetheless! Wait a second, who says 'nonetheless'? White people of course! Maybe I can change up how I type this shit up. Next time I greet someone online, I'll say 'what it do' instead of 'hey' or 'sup' since that's what white people do obviously. Given that I'm posting on a videogame message board, perhaps it's too late for me. Soon I might start calling out other black users and ridicule them for their habits that black people aren't supposed to do. Instead, they should do what black people are supposed to do.

Wow.

You know what, I apologize. It was a bad joke. I was just ribbing you and I honestly didn't intend to offend you. If you honestly want to vent more, take it to my PMs. Seriously.

But for now I must sleep.

Numb

I'll just smuggle it in then
Whoever eats it will know how delicious it is
Then they'll ask for more but it'll be too late since i didn't get to cook

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
This thread went from amazing to hilarious in less than a page, just what I needed after a day like today. Thanks fellas

D i Z

Shit. This meet-up is gonna be a disaster. We fighting about cards games we ain't even played? I'm praying for you, Sub..

The meet-up will be just fine. After Jandro calls the cops on whoever brought the saddle wax, the older folk with real ID's will dip out of the lineup and knock down some tequila shots. Hopefully no one gets stabbed over pokemon charades in the overnight lock up.

Edit: Peace Gordon.

Imm0rt4l

For those who don't want to wait for better audio, here are the list of nominees, winners, and links to the full clips that they showed on the show:

Coon Train Awards:

Political Sambo of the Year:

Ben Carson
Martin Baker aka the black Dareen Wilson supporter
WINNER: Kamau Bakari

Sportscaster coon of the Year:

Charles Barkley
WINNER: Stephen A Smith
Dexter Manley

Plantation Preacher of the Year:

Pastor Johnathan Gentry
Pastor Darrell Scott
WINNER: Pastor James David Manning

Mammy of the Year:

Omarosa
Peggy Hubbard
WINNER: Diamond & Silk

Biggest On-Location News Coon of the Year:

A Piece Of Burger Guy
The House is on fire lady
WINNER: Christon Scriven/Black Friend of Dylan Roof

Youtube Coon of the Year:

Painlessrisen
David Carroll
WINNER: Tommy Sotomayor

House Negro Newscaster of the Year:

Juan Williams
Don Lemon
WINNER: Larry Elder

Biggest Coon Ensemble:

LA NAACP
Negro Clergy For Racist Levi Pettit
WINNER: Black Pastors for Trump

Hip Hop Sambo of the Year:

RZA
Bobby Shmurda
WINNER: Kevin Gates

Caucasian Coon of the Year:

Stitches
Miley Cyrus
WINNER: Riff Raff

Mammy of the Year:

Raven Symone
Crystal Wright
WINNER: Stacey Dash

Coon of the Year:

Kenneth Thompson
WINNER: Sheriff David Clarke
Jessee Lee Peterson
lmao at Kevin Gates. This fuck nigga think he's profound and shit.

Johndoey

Banned
I haven't seen one in a while but I love the threads where the OP is gushing about how dope Dubai is and then gets super defensive when their bullshit gets mentioned.

Crocodile

This thread went some weird places the past few pages :p

I'm the only black person I know who has played MtG

It's not like MtG cares about inclusivity of black folks though

If it makes you feel any better, I play MTG too <3

Much better game than of the other TCGs out there. As for representation, I definitely think its getting better though I certainly think its been more way more focused towards women than people of color in general (how do we still only have one active Black planeswalker and one retired one we haven't heard from in like 10 years?). WOTC internals also seems to be white as snow if you catch me drift ;-). Nonetheless, things are 100% improving on all fronts on the production side. As for the player side, I'm not really sure why there are so few players of color from the States. Economics maybe (its not a poor man's game if you want to compete)? I dunno.

It's a cool game. I stopped playing it when some 30 something I beat at a draft was being gross. I hate people like that and it makes exploring my hobbies hard as a black person.

I think it's a better game than YGO due to how simple it is to pick up. Too many YGO cards have an essay you gotta read in small text to use.

I feel pretty confident that's part of the reason the YGO demo skews so young. After a certain age, your eyes deteriorate to the point where you legit can't read the cards anymore! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom