• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

Malyse, is this worth watching?
VKZ2iwp.png

Not to but in on Malyse but I was pleasantly surprised by that short. It, Get A Horse, Paperman, and Feast were totally worth the collection.

Cosigning this. Virtually all of Disney's short are worth the trouble, the exception being if it's an extension of a film you dislike (for example, if you hate Frozen, Frozen Fever won't change your mind and Tangled Ever After won't make you like Tangled). Paperrman is one of the best things Disney has ever made full stop. I reviewed it instead of Wreck It Ralph when I was pop culture blogging.

Afrocious

I wish I grew up with comics. That looks cool.

This is shaping up to be pretty great. I'm really liking the look of his new costume.

I just found out that one of my friends is voting for Trump. They say they think he's a liberal that leans right. They mentioned it before, but I thought they were joking, turns out they weren't. The funny thing is, they are black as well.

Damn. Did you correct this person?

JLynn

I know I'm late but I gotta say this...

*Maria Sharapova admits to doping, and her enhanced self STILL couldn't beat Serena?! Serena is the GOAT. I know that she lost a few endorsements however I'll be sad, and not surprised, if she doesn't get shunned like Lance did (Granted he lied about it and faked tests but that dude beated Cancer!!)

*Bernie still can't get the black vote. He needs to follow Grimlock and look for a new strategy.

*Kickstarted on the Riding Bean Bluray. Here's a true fact. Phil Perry, who sang the opening song, also wrote and sang the Goof Troop theme song.

*Happy Biggie Day!

Damn. Did you correct this person?

Unfortunately no. It wasn't directed to me as they were talking to someone else who voted for Sanders. They asked my opinion and I just said I vote democrat and proceeded to change the subject. I'm not too well versed in politics that much to really debate them on it. Nevermind the fact that they already seemed dead set on their opinion.

akira28

I will vote for Sanderson when the MD primaries come around. Gotta give him a round on la roulette.

Hate to see Kaep go out like that. Not even worth the intra-party strife. Did he feel some kinda way about all the 'Bernie-bro' chatter? I wouldn't have thought...and he could have just said something, like I have, countless times. even if its to the wind.

Gone till April.

Kreed

I will vote for Sanderson when the MD primaries come around. Gotta give him a round on la roulette.

Hate to see Kaep go out like that. Not even worth the intra-party strife. Did he feel some kinda way about all the 'Bernie-bro' chatter? I wouldn't have though...

If sugar and grits fans can come in here and act like they aren't committing breakfast war crimes, I don't see why anyone would be intimidated at "BernieBro" usage.

andthebeatgoeson

Edible, you was about to get robbed. I would have left after the first drop off. At 4 am?

And I'm going to hold the comments on driving off of morphine. Who gets discharged that late? Discharged from the ER?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Hate to see Kaep go out like that. Not even worth the intra-party strife. Did he feel some kinda way about all the 'Bernie-bro' chatter? I wouldn't have thought...and he could have just said something, like I have, countless times. even if its to the wind.

Gone till April.

Kaep wasnt serious. Its telling that so many thought he was though

andthebeatgoeson

Oh yeah, its Biggie day. Nice. About to go bump that CD.

'She only fucked with you cuz you had a good ass job, nigga nerd.' Always makes me second guess myself.

Imm0rt4l

Gone till April.
The toxicity of berniebros has legit seeped into this thread. It's like responding to hostility with our own and in an echo chamber, one that I don't subscribe to personally.

Finally watched the Ghostbusters trailer... Feels like they made a bad trailer on purpose. Fake Edit: The International Trailer is a bit better.

As a kid I never felt that Winston was actually part of the team, he always felt like some guy who was just around. I wonder if any kids Today will feel same about Jones' character?

Also, I'm glad that I don't have the love for things from my childhood that some people in my age group have so I can shrug off things like Bayfomers/Turtles, SW Prequels, Ghostbusters reboot but I'm sure the Power Rangers reboot trailer is gonna piss me off.(Especially if it's anything like Power/Rangers.)

Aiustis

Finally watched the Ghostbusters trailer... Feels like they made a bad trailer on purpose. Fake Edit: The International Trailer is a bit better.

As a kid I never felt that Winston was actually part of the team, he always felt like some guy who was just around. I wonder if any kids Today will feel same about Jones' character?

Also, I'm glad that I don't have the love for things from my childhood that some people in my age group have so I can shrug off things like Bayfomers/Turtles, SW Prequels, Ghostbusters reboot but I'm sure the Power Rangers reboot trailer is gonna piss me off.(Especially if it's anything like Power/Rangers.)

I expect everything to be ruined so I'm usually whatevs

Kreed

It's a "Where did that come from?" comment. He just randomly threw out a BCT jab and accusation (which is what all the "cool kids" are doing) with the only BCT regular/follower I can see within a couple of pages being besada and MHWilliams, so there was no reason to bring up the thread other than just wanting to take a shot. Whether he was serious or not doesn't really matter.

Yeah, he said on Twitter he meant it as a joke. I think he's completely tone-deaf to some of the things he says. It just wasn't funny, and came off mean-spirited. Man, MovieGAF feels like a shell of what it was when I joined.

BCT should go to china, after Afro fixes his lineup

Change all your shit

Yeah, that's the plan. I don't store any card details so they just spent some gift card money on it. Still, fucking annoying.

Is it really that easy to get someone else's PSN account? I haven't used one in a really long time.

Dunno, I assume I just left myself logged in somewhere. Though that makes no sense as all the devices I log into are in my house and nobody else has access...

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It's a "Where did that come from?" comment. He just randomly threw out a BCT jab and accusation (which is what all the "cool kids" are doing) with the only BCT regular/follower I can see within a couple of pages being besada and MHWilliams, so there was no reason to bring up the thread other than just wanting to take a shot. Whether he was serious or not doesn't really matter.

Except yama hasnt given you any reason to believe he was one of the "cool kids" that would drop heat like that seriously.

RedSwirl

I beat Life Is Strange about a month ago and left it feeling pretty high on it. The writing is absolutely groan inducing a lot of the time. It is the game equivalent to:
giphy.gif

That's why I decided not to try it. It happens for the same reason it happened in Heavy Rain -- Frenchmen trying to write American English dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom