• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of you reprobates is this?

Cc_mSLRW8AQ3zXf.jpg

EightBitNate

Kreed

Except yama hasnt given you any reason to believe he was one of the "cool kids" that would drop heat like that seriously.

I not calling him Jado Jr. or anything, but as the intellectual scholar Ja Rule once said, "People take Ls". If Storm Chamber can fly out the casket, Kaep can take a hop.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so since it's on sale on Steam

Are the Hyperdimension Neptunia games actually any good, or are they just good for people who want to play games with little anime girls in them?

Are the Hyperdimension Neptunia games actually any good, or are they just good for people who want to play games with little anime girls in them?

I only played the 1st game & the only good thing about it was the humor. The sequels are supposed to be better but I don't think any of the Idea Factory/Compile Heart/NIS collab games are anywhere close to being good games.

Johndoey

Banned
Some shitheel was driving like a foot off my bumper trying to idk get me to roll over the car in front of me or something, then flipped me off when I signed a turn and slowed. I'm just like "but why?".

RedSwirl

Can't be as bad as japanese to english dialogue. Can it?

Probably worse. Japanese dialogue at least get's translated by native English speakers, and sometimes heavily localized to where it sounds like regular English. These French games have dialogue written in English by people who speak English as a second language with no filter of native speakers.

Can't be as bad as japanese to english dialogue. Can it?

The writing is fine. There's a few cringey moments
"Now you're totally stuck in the retro zone!"
but the point gets across and the game nails the emotional stuff. I I highly recommend playing it.

Probably worse. Japanese dialogue at least get's translated by native English speakers, and sometimes heavily localized to where it sounds like regular English. These French games have dialogue written in English by people who speak English as a second language with no filter of native speakers.

This is some exceptional hyperbole.

Merc_

Finally watched the Ghostbusters trailer... Feels like they made a bad trailer on purpose. Fake Edit: The International Trailer is a bit better.

As a kid I never felt that Winston was actually part of the team, he always felt like some guy who was just around. I wonder if any kids Today will feel same about Jones' character?

It doesn't help that he was often left out of the video games. That used to really piss me off as a kid.

Dai101

Banned
Like i said, it depends of the country your account is based on. My MX account had no troubles to add or remove my (now defunct :( ) CC

Malyse

Haven't been banned in nearly 2 months, so ha!

Prolly the only person who would brag on just two months.

Man are switching up like smokeydave
Good riddance to bad trash
That's what I did but clearly that's not enough. You need to spend them immediately too.

----

Which of you reprobates is this?

Cc_mSLRW8AQ3zXf.jpg
Who in the thread has yellow fever?

They are all trash, but they are fun trash.
Just watched Creed....how in the blue fuck was that not nominated for anything outside of Supporting Actor?

Serious-fish-spongebob.jpg

You know why

-----

What in the fuck?

I wouldn't put Dontnod and David Cage's people in the same bucket. Not 100% sure but I think the English in Life is Strange is actually localized from French source text

Shy

Finally got round to listening to the newest SWS last night. Good stuff as always.

I literally lol'd when Moris said he doesn't watch anime. :D

Glad i got all the old ones on my HDD, though i understand why you'd take them down.
Like i said, it depends of the country your account is based on. My MX account had no troubles to add or remove my (now defunct :( ) CC
I should of mentioned i was from the UK. Sorry fam.

Malyse

Finally got round to listening to the newest SWS last night. Good stuff as always.

Glad i got all the old ones on my HDD, though i understand why you'd take them down.

Lies. You're from Antarctica

Dai101

Banned

**cue Dueling Banjos

Live in the US and I did it from PC.

Weird. All of the issues i heard about that are from fellas in the US

HA!! I knew you weren't american. You're too polite.

That is AWESOME. And you know Coates isn't half-assing this. His whole foot is up in this comic.

Got mixed emotions about that Ghostbusters trailer.

On the one hand, knowing what Winston was supposed to be in the original, and what he was, and how diminished that character was in comparison to the other three, I was hoping for more in Jones' character.

On the other hand, I like Jones, and it looks like her character is in it much earlier than Winston was, she's being proactive about helping the city, her street smarts are seen as an asset, and...I know that an actual transit worker sent Leslie Jones a letter thanking her and saying essentially "I love my job and thank you for repping people like us", so I really can't get bougie mad about Patty not being a scientist.

In the end, the real question is "Why is there only one PoC in the main four?" Surely, we could swap in Sofia Vegara, America Ferrera, Charlene Yi, Mindy Kaling, or some other comedic WoC in besides Jones. In the end, we just need /more/ parts, allowing for more diverse parts. So that poor Leslie Jones doesn't get harassed for a part that actually plays to her comedic strengths (I laughed when she slapped Melissa McCarthy).

That is AWESOME. And you know Coates isn't half-assing this. His whole foot is up in this comic.

Got mixed emotions about that Ghostbusters trailer.

On the one hand, knowing what Winston was supposed to be in the original, and what he was, and how diminished that character was in comparison to the other three, I was hoping for more in Jones' character.

On the other hand, I like Jones, and it looks like her character is in it much earlier than Winston was, she's being proactive about helping the city, her street smarts are seen as an asset, and...I know that an actual transit worker sent Leslie Jones a letter thanking her and saying essentially "I love my job and thank you for repping people like us", so I really can't get bougie mad about Patty not being a scientist.

In the end, the real question is "Why is there only one PoC in the main four?" Surely, we could swap in Sofia Vegara, America Ferrera, Charlene Yi, Mindy Kaling, or some other comedic WoC in besides Jones. In the end, we just need /more/ parts, allowing for more diverse parts. So that poor Leslie Jones doesn't get harassed for a part that actually plays to her comedic strengths (I laughed when she slapped Melissa McCarthy).

Agreed swap out one of Wiig or Mccarthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom