• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

Yesterday, I was in my school/office building (I work at my school) and got the police called on me because some people, who I've never seen before, thought that I didn't belong. You would've thought I was running around waving a gun in the air with the amount of police who showed up.

Afrocious

Yesterday, I was in my school/office building (I work at my school) and got the police called on me because some people, who I've never seen before, thought that I didn't belong. You would've thought I was running around waving a gun in the air with the amount of police who showed up.

Damn wtf

Working while black: Check.

Some folks REALLY don't understand the situation they are putting black folks in when they do that.

jmood88

I accidentally posted before I finished but for some background on what happened: my school owns an office building and it leases out parts of the building. I work on one floor with some other organizations and there was this one huge office that had been occupied before but has been vacant for months. I had a phone call and instead of walking around the hallway talking (the walls are thin and people have complained about others being on the phone in the hall and disturbing people who are at work), I went into the vacant office to make the call. Apparently, some women recently leased the office and had come up to move some stuff in. When I saw them coming in, I walked out, still on the phone, then stood in the hallway and finished the call.

About half an hour later, I'm on the toilet and some dude tried to walk in the stall. He asked if anybody was in there, I said, "yes", and he said he was with the police and needed me to come out. I walked out and he asked for my student ID, which I showed him, and he apologized and said they were looking for somebody who was wearing clothes similar to mine. When I get out of the bathroom, I see that the entire floor is filled with police and everybody is out of their offices looking at what's going on. The women that I saw in the other office had called the police and said that they were scared of a man who was talking to himself who they didn't know.

The moral of the story is that a nigga can't even talk on the phone without being seen as a threat. I actually tried to look at it from their perspective and think if there was something I did to scare them but I literally got up, walked out, and stood in the hallway, all while I was on my phone.

Malyse

So…

Killed it!

It's me and one other candidate. Got to the grand tour of the facility. Plus, I'm feeling pretty good about the secretary complimenting my outfit before she even said hi; but you know I have to be on point. Turned the charisma up full blast and charmed everyone I met. It went really really well. I'll know in a few weeks one way or the other, but I've done everything I can.

I feel less tense. This is done and I don't have any control over it, so no point worrying.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I accidentally posted before I finished but for some background on what happened: my school owns an office building and it leases out parts of the building. I work on one floor with some other organizations and there was this one huge office that had been occupied before but has been vacant for months. I had a phone call and instead of walking around the hallway talking (the walls are thin and people have complained about others being on the phone in the hall and disturbing people who are at work), I went into the vacant office to make the call. Apparently, some women recently leased the office and had come up to move some stuff in. When I saw them coming in, I walked out, still on the phone, then stood in the hallway and finished the call.

About half an hour later, I'm on the toilet and some dude tried to walk in the stall. He asked if anybody was in there, I said, "yes", and he said he was with the police and needed me to come out. I walked out and he asked for my student ID, which I showed him, and he apologized and said they were looking for somebody who was wearing clothes similar to mine. When I get out of the bathroom, I see that the entire floor is filled with police and everybody is out of their offices looking at what's going on. The women that I saw in the other office had called the police and said that they were scared of a man who was talking to himself who they didn't know.

The moral of the story is that a nigga can't even talk on the phone without being seen as a threat. I actually tried to look at it from their perspective and think if there was something I did to scare them but I literally got up, walked out, and stood in the hallway, all while I was on my phone.

Sorry you went through that and I'm glad the situation got resolved peacefully. The most heartbreaking moments in life as a poc is knowing you did nothing wrong but still second guessing yourself.

Dai101

Banned
I feel old...

I'm 25

Dude, come on. Leave that to us.

37 here, i'll be older by july

Fucked up. Talking to the phone while black...... you can't make this shit up.

So…

Killed it!

It's me and one other candidate. Got to the grand tour of the facility. Plus, I'm feeling pretty good about the secretary complimenting my outfit before she even said hi; but you know I have to be on point. Turned the charisma up full blast and charmed everyone I met. It went really really well. I'll know in a few weeks one way or the other, but I've done everything I can.

I feel less tense. This is done and I don't have any control over it, so no point worrying.

CONGRATS!! My prayers to satan worked.

TheFlow

Banned

what type of fuck shit is this. Our world is becoming so scary that they will call 911 on anything.

Bullshit.

I would have told her ass if you scared then fucking go to church.

Dam are you like 90 on the color chart or something

Slayven

HeavyWhirlwindBalloonfish.gif

Them fast twitch muscles

andthebeatgoeson

Nah. Just gotta find that partner who compliments you and makes you a better person. Most folks don't come across that immediately, some never. You have to be open to surprising yourself, you never know what grace a person can hold until you get to know them.
Too many people don't give a lot of thought into deciding. 'Is she cute and is the sex good?' are the starting and stopping point.

Most great relationships allow you to be yourself and require some sacrifice. No part of living together with one person for 30 years is natural; you have to work at it. Constantly reevaluate the relationship and actively improve things. And you have to fight some beasts: boredom, apathy, rage, anger, fear, confidence, self image. That's not even the half. A great relationship will make you face all your old demons, like, family, your childhood, etc.

Then you have to buy in to the idea that it's worth it. Hopefully, the pussy was the bomb and you buy in early. Either that or you have a wise old man steering you in the right direction. Or enough societal pressure.

But when you get there, you get a better understanding of how love is a verb. A decision. That you were free to choose anything but you choose love. Hardest shit I've ever done. Period. Just spent a week missing my wife, silently jealous and questioning her every move from afar (she was on a business trip), got some trim and I'm a new person today. The emotions you run thru with a good marriage either prove your worth or destroy you.

That's not even to talk about our artificial barriers we erect: can't date this race or that type, too tall/short, okay job, too frigid/whorey, blah blah blah.

Aiustis

Too many people don't give a lot of thought into deciding. 'Is she cute and is the sex good?' are the starting and stopping point.

Most great relationships allow you to be yourself and require some sacrifice. No part of living together with one person for 30 years is natural; you have to work at it. Constantly reevaluate the relationship and actively improve things. And you have to fight some beasts: boredom, apathy, rage, anger, fear, confidence, self image. That's not even the half. A great relationship will make you face all your old demons, like, family, your childhood, etc.

Then you have to buy in to the idea that it's worth it. Hopefully, the pussy was the bomb and you buy in early. Either that or you have a wise old man steering you in the right direction. Or enough societal pressure.

But when you get there, you get a better understanding of how love is a verb. A decision. That you were free to choose anything but you choose love. Hardest shit I've ever done. Period. Just spent a week missing my wife, silently jealous and questioning her every move from afar (she was on a business trip), got some trim and I'm a new person today. The emotions you run thru with a good marriage either prove your worth or destroy you.

That's not even to talk about our artificial barriers we erect: can't date this race or that type, too tall/short, okay job, too frigid/whorey, blah blah blah.

I'm feeling all sorts of conflicted.

Relationship status is complicated and I'm not sure if I even want to try and work things out or just hide away until it doesn't matter and things can't be repaired.

Malyse

March 26, 2016. 1:13PM EST.

Malyse predicts that Spider-Man will be the weakest part of Captain America: Civil War. I'm still excited, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom