• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

GJmmhsI.gif

So he's bullet proof.

Oh.

BP? More like OP.
Hot damn, that was good. I got over my super hero fatigue. Well, until bats vs supes

That's Snyder fatigue.

Imm0rt4l

Man of steel wasn't perfect, but at least it wasn't superman returns. Coming from superman being a deadbeat dad, I welcomed man of steel, flaws and all.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Everyone has the right to like something terrible.

Niggas are gonna hold this post against you forever
I fully recognize that there are things about that movie that are dumb as fuck. On balance, though, i enjoyed it more than I hated it.
Man of steel wasn't perfect, but at least it wasn't superman returns. Coming from superman being a deadbeat dad, I welcomed man of steel, flaws and all.

See, y'all know what I'm talking about.

I liked Man of Steel.

Yeah, I'm not sure what people were watching or honestly if they are just kidding, but this was one of the best comic book adaptations I've ever seen. It gets better for me after each watch. It's not like the ilks of Catwoman or Howard the Duck that were brought down by scripts with unnatural and unfitting dialogue along with acting that was below the bar. Man of Steel on the other hand was marvelous in that pulled you into a world that you could truly connect with and resonate with a man that's similar to us while also different at the same time. This was all brought together by a vision that understood the viewpoint of a man in this position. Should I help these people knowing if there's a possibility it could expose me and change my life possibly for the worse? The team confronted these issues and represented them exceptionally through a talented cast of actors.

It's simple, but I loved the crevices on his brow when he consults the pastor for advice, showing his uncertainty with the situation and his longing to connect while also feeling disconnected. As far as cinematograpy goes I feel like perhaps the colors most of the time were just a little too dark, but aside from that the shots were functional with every subject of interest in clear view with no obstructions. There were a couple of shots that I particular wondered how they were done like some of the higher shots. The editing was fine and nothing got in the way to take you out of the experience like many others have said "A good editor no one notices, but a bad one is noticeable". I also think it was a fantastic choice to exhibit Clark's backstory through flashbacks rather than through a linear fashion, but on that note it made me want to see a lot more of Krypton before its destruction. The choreography was fine. I can't fault it and the battle against Faora was particularly hype inducing. Man of Steel gave me my first piece of a live adaptation after I had just found myself having a different opinion on the character. This is the golden age of comic book movies right now and I am more than excited to see what a sequel will bring to us.

cdyhybrid

That's why I stay out of movie-GAF threads. People falling over each other to make the most extreme declarations about how shitty a movie is.

Man of Steel got plenty right, but I still don't like it for what it did wrong, and I think Snyder's a trash director.

Cap 1 though is massively underrated and was single-handedly responsible for bringing about a pretty prominent side of the MCU: Agent Carter's timeline.

Slayven

Man of Steel got plenty right, but I still don't like it for what it did wrong, and I think Snyder's a trash director.

Cap 1 though is massively underrated and was single-handedly responsible for bringing about a pretty prominent side of the MCU: Agent Carter's timeline.

Dreams-Vision says Snyder is the best director of this generation

Shy

So, i just watched the civil war trailer for the fourth time. Confirmed for dope shit. :D
So…

Killed it!

It's me and one other candidate. Got to the grand tour of the facility. Plus, I'm feeling pretty good about the secretary complimenting my outfit before she even said hi; but you know I have to be on point. Turned the charisma up full blast and charmed everyone I met. It went really really well. I'll know in a few weeks one way or the other, but I've done everything I can.

I feel less tense. This is done and I don't have any control over it, so no point worrying.
JCOY4OW.gif

The movie wars are done. Marvel just murdered Fox, and Sony in their sleep.
So it gets the Slayven seal of approver then. :p
The arguments and general saltiiness surrounding Man of Steel is mind boggling.
I really hate man of steel. Sorry :(

harSon

Banned
I'm not a fan of how Spiderman looks. His design looks good, but it just looks... cheap? Almost like it hasn't had post-production touch up.

I'm not a fan of how Spiderman looks. His design looks good, but it just looks... cheap? Almost like it hasn't had post-production touch up.
Did you see the high res picture in the thread? Looks like YouTube compressed the shit out if the trailer. Looks MUCH better..go check it out.

harSon

Banned
Did you see the high res picture in the thread? Looks like YouTube compressed the shit out if the trailer. Looks MUCH better..go check it out.

Ah damn, good looking out. That's MUCH better. Youtube pretty much softened out all of the texture and detail. Almost like the costume is painted on in the youtube trailer. Looks legit as fuck in high resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom