• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Folks are in there making the same arguments that were being made to try and defend Rachel Dolezal. Even the same attempts at dragging trans people and Caitlyn Jenner into it.

That is what made me roll my eyes so bad, they didn't take the time to think about the issue by itself

That is what made me roll my eyes so bad, they didn't take the time to think about the issue by itself

I honestly think this is the first time some people have even heard of Lil Kim. You have people in the thread telling them what it is, because she's been dealing with these issues and getting plastic surgery for YEARS

Slayven

I honestly think this is the first time some people have even heard of Lil Kim. You have people in the thread telling them what it is, because she's been dealing with these issues and getting plastic surgery for YEARS

I was doing the googles and they were articles documenting this from 2000....16 years ago

I beginning to think people tossing in Jenner is just a deflection to keep it from getting to race related .

I was doing the googles and they were articles documenting this from 2000....16 years ago

I beginning to think people tossing in Jenner is just a deflection to keep it from getting to race related .

People never want to admit when something is a race thing, even when it's fucking obvious it's a race thing. Shit is crazy

Does anyone know who this is?

tumblr_o4s8fqg1Nl1v9uobto2_400.jpg
tumblr_o4s8fqg1Nl1v9uobto3_500.jpg

I've seen her posted a lot around Tumblr, but no one mentions her name.

Sch1sm

I regret clicking on that thread. I regret reading through those pages. I regret it more than watching all of S5 Game of Thrones today just to watch the first episode of S6, to be honest.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Goddammit these ridiculous threads always happen when I'm supposed to be writing some bullshit paper. lol this ain't helping my ADD.

Crocodile

Am I a terrible person if I want to call the type of person who tries to compare and equivocate transsexuality to issues of low self-esteem and self-hatred some people have for their born skin/facial features brought about by institutionalized racism and argue for "transracial-ness" a SJW? Because I kind of want to do that.

Kreed

Am I a terrible person if I want to call the type of person who tries to compare and equivocate transsexuality to issues of low self-esteem and self-hatred some people have for their born skin/facial features brought about by institutionalized racism and argue for "transracial-ness" a SJW? Because I kind of want to do that.

GAF/Reddit/Bill Maher/our fan club/etc... have completely ruined that term, but I wouldn't be mad at you using it in this instance.

Slayven

That is the most dangerous kind of liberal one that believes all issues fit in the same box and doesn't go any deeper then the super surface.

Crocodile

GAF/Reddit/Bill Maher/our fan club/etc... have completely ruined that term, but I wouldn't be mad at you using it in this instance.

Yeah I know the term has been kind of ruined but this seemed to be an example of an actually "appropriate" usage of the term. Some people *sigh*

WTF, Secret Fawful.

Anyway, I realize I might feel the same way about anime the same way Chris Rock feels about rap music.

How does Chris Rock feel about rap music?

Is that how all modern anime looks? I just noticed every time y'all post pics of something modern it has that particular look to it.

I haven't watched any new anime in almost a decade. Still just the same 5 I've been watching.

No, not all shows look like anything. If there's is a style you're looking for, you'll be able to find it. Most of the shows referenced in those car pictures are pushing a decade old or more anyway.

That is the most dangerous kind of liberal one that believes all issues fit in the same box and doesn't go any deeper then the super surface.

The past few years have been a bit on an eye-opener in terms of how dumb people on "our side" can be. Human beings going to be human beings I guess.

D i Z

I think it best for anyone involved with activism on the level that they are educated about the stages of resistance and how to navigate them straight up abandon that term.
It's tainted beyond any practical utility. It can't be helped that it's now universally applied as a dismissive, and has kind of earned it by how its been used. I don't think I would ever use it myself though.

Does anyone know who this is?

tumblr_o4s8fqg1Nl1v9uobto2_400.jpg
tumblr_o4s8fqg1Nl1v9uobto3_500.jpg

I've seen her posted a lot around Tumblr, but no one mentions her name.

I too would like to know.

TheFlow

Banned
Fuck yes Drake and Future tour!

Lawd have mercy I gotta wait till Friday to buy a ticket. Will be hurt if the floor/pit tickets are sold out

In activism, calling anyone an SJW is suicide. If people can't see a problem with Lil Kim doing that to her body to look white and conflate that with being transgender, which has very basic evidence towards its existence, then they're lost, and not worth arguing. Some battles aren't worth fighting. As someone said above, many people are absolutely capable of acceptance, but aren't willing to understand. Because understanding takes real commitment, and the average person is incapable of such.

Acceptance is bullshit. Diversity masks issues so that people don't have to think about them. Who cares about understanding when I've got one black friend? That's not to say diversity is entirely without merit, but unless it's done in a way where you're willing to engage with different kinds of people and viewpoints it's pointless. So now everyone's an expert on Lil Kim, a former rapper they've never heard of, and liken her getting her skin bleached and altered to make her look white to Caitlyn Jenner because most people are idiots.

Mind, this is the same mindset that allows Republicans to argue gay marriage will lead to legal pedophilia.

Most people have their heads too tightly tucked inside their ass to talk about issues like this because they're always looking for reasons to defend or excuse. That's how you make someone who identifies as humanist and edging into on the line of misanthropy.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom