• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

I can't believe people are still saying there have been elections this bad before. People are getting physically assaulted regularly! And a candidate is encouraging it! Nazi salutes! Overt white supremacy in both statements and support! This has never happened before.

Slayven

Hes been a shitbird traitor character for decades now. Only difference is that they keep burying his fuckups and for some reason his allies keep forgetting that he just stabbed them in the back

I mean come on, he ripped the heart out of a 15 year old boy like it wasn't nothing and folks still fuck with him

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I mean come on, he ripped the heart out of a 15 year old boy like it wasn't nothing and folks still fuck with him

i love how they pushed inverted stark as evil, when superior stark was relatively light on the standard stark evil

Imm0rt4l

I can't believe people are still saying there have been elections this bad before. People are getting physically assaulted regularly! And a candidate is encouraging it! Nazi salutes! Overt white supremacy in both statements and support! This has never happened before.
They're trippin if they think it's been this bad

Parallax

At least he was doing it to stack paper, as oppose to just doing it to do it.

Stark getting his soul snatched by the watcher after civil war is the best aspect of the wholr event. He did some real fucked shit for absolutely no reason.

akira28

Hes been a shitbird traitor character for decades now. Only difference is that they keep burying his fuckups and for some reason his allies keep forgetting that he just stabbed them in the back

you mean they wrote him into shitbird traitor roles and you accepted him as that person. Most of the time they push him into these positions to be a major dick, he spends the next year in his own book making redemption passes to save his soul.

they being writer of the season making their mark on the malleable and apparently conveniently forgettable marvel canon.

akira28

They're trippin if they think it's been this bad

these are probably the people who think hypothetical black panthers were across the country threatening people with mop handles and black leather swag.

Folks have disappeared trying to register folks to vote. It's bad, but not 60s bad

for some reason I feel like they're not referencing civil rights. though it would be a cool change if they were.

Malyse

Folks have disappeared trying to register folks to vote. It's bad, but not 60s bad
I know you old, but my parents who were alive in the sixties say the election cycle was never this bad. Also, that's sorta tangential to the politics. People getting got for the black vote wasn't a campaign stance. Trump's fuck you non white, non male, non straight, non Christian, non Americans is.

----

It's god tier irony that Trump is running on a make America great again slogan while single handedly doing more damage to the country's racial, gender, and foreign relations than any other candidate.

Parallax

you mean they wrote him into shitbird traitor roles and you accepted him as that person. Most of the time they push him into these positions to be a major dick, he spends the next year in his own book making redemption passes to save his soul.

they being writer of the season making their mark on the malleable and apparently conveniently forgettable marvel canon.

Hes been that way since ive been reading comics. Armor wars and the crossing happened long before civil war.

And he seemed to know and not be shocked that he was a traitor working with kang after the crossing. He is who he is.

Slayven

Hes been that way since ive been reading comics. Armor wars and the crossing happened long before civil war.

And he seemed to know and not be shocked that he was a traitor working with kang after the crossing. He is who he is.

I am pretty sure his OG origin had him going to do a dirty weapons deal

Aiustis

It ain't that graphically intense but it's all good.

Cool. You have steam? Add me: Afrodeeziyak

What sort of board and card games do you play?

idk don't play a lot; I like Clue and Scrabble and Boggle.

Other than that I like coop table top Arkham Horror, Pandemic and Sentinels of the Multiverse.

Edit: couldn't find you on Steam

Only card game I every really played a lot was Nertz.

Different kind of asshole.

Iron Maniac is Tony gone all in

1165198-imc7.jpg

lol he ripped off apocalypse's color scheme

akira28

dirty weapons deal? lol, he was a capitalist and an American industrialist millionaire back when we used to think those were admirable qualities.

they try to make someone flawed, but heroic. And they end up writing him as a semi-unredeemable dick, who against all odds LEARNS his LESSON.

only to forget it a few seasons later when the big crossover epic needs a superhero to be an out of touch know it all dick.

he is what he has been made to be.

Parallax

dirty weapons deal? lol, he was a capitalist and an American industrialist millionaire back when we used to think those were admirable qualities.

they try to make someone flawed, but heroic. And they end up writing him as a semi-unredeemable dick, who against all odds LEARNS his LESSON.

only to forget it a few seasons later when the big crossover epic needs a superhero to be an out of touch know it all dick.

he is what he has been made to be.

When does he learn his lesson?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Oh there have absolutely been elections this bad before.

You just have to go pretty far back in American history to get to them.

Parallax

The confession. Soon to be forgotten though.

Fuck me, the confession would be an amazing post credits stinger for CW.

and instead of living with that, they oops it so it wasnt him.

what if did a better job of that, and both have been forgotten

Afrocious

idk don't play a lot; I like Clue and Scrabble and Boggle.

Other than that I like coop table top Arkham Horror, Pandemic and Sentinels of the Multiverse.

Edit: couldn't find you on Steam

Only card game I every really played a lot was Nertz.

Huh strange. What's your steam name?

If you can play Pandemic, you can play whatever.

Slayven

Rmemebr when Urahara told Chad his Bankai was not for training folks. Now we know, because it is pretty much an Insta kill.

Rmemebr when Urahara told Chad his Bankai was not for training folks. Now we know, because it is pretty much an Insta kill.

Just realized how similar his Bankai is to Mayuri's. but yeah it is. I like how urahara is like the support mage in all his fights. He aint gonna do the straight up DPS but he'll toss out them high level spells buff his teammates and let them get the glory.

cdyhybrid

Just realized how similar his Bankai is to Mayuri's. but yeah it is. I like how urahara is like the support mage in all his fights. He aint gonna do the straight up DPS but he'll toss out them high level spells buff his teammates and let them get the glory.
He just likes people to know he could have killed them but he doesn't have the time, so he's leaving them for the squad to finish them off.

Man I hope they do an anime to wrap up the series, the fights have been too fucking crazy not to

I think the entire arc has been really good at everything tbh besides him going into his old bad habits and classic Arc Fatigue. I would love to see a lot of these moments animated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom