• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm, sure. I'll try to come over. :)
tumblr_inline_n4kip8Siah1svu8ku.gif

Afrocious

the only black dude in Stardew Valley (outside of my own character) just went alpha male on me warning me that his daughter has a bright future and how nothing better stand in her way

people cant stop frontin goddamn

Lucini

Banned
So I had a short talk with my old boss (the guy got fired from the job we worked at together) only for him to drop the line: "I guess I joined the club" in reference to divorce. Now, we were never really super close, in fact we butted heads a lot because he had some interesting views on what he could and could not do under the law as a manager. I had to drop some game his way about how to get things done and some advice overall that helped me (namely and most importantly don't post shit on the internet, avoid over using alcohol or any addictive substance, do something more productive with the time, etc).

Now I find out that he was pretty much the only person holding my advancement up at my job when he was there, based pretty much on a reverse quota. Ol' boy already had a black manager and another dark-skinned Indian manager...so he didn't need me in a leadership position. Actively torpedoed two promotions for me. Would I be wrong to call him out on it? Is it even worth the energy?

So I had a short talk with my old boss (the guy got fired from the job we worked at together) only for him to drop the line: "I guess I joined the club" in reference to divorce. Now, we were never really super close, in fact we butted heads a lot because he had some interesting views on what he could and could not do under the law as a manager. I had to drop some game his way about how to get things done and some advice overall that helped me (namely and most importantly don't post shit on the internet, avoid over using alcohol or any addictive substance, do something more productive with the time, etc).

Now I find out that he was pretty much the only person holding my advancement up at my job when he was there, based pretty much on a reverse quota. Ol' boy already had a black manager and another dark-skinned Indian manager...so he didn't need me in a leadership position. Actively torpedoed two promotions for me. Would I be wrong to call him out on it? Is it even worth the energy?

Probably not worth the energy. Though, depending on how confrontational you are, it could be quite cathartic.

He's gone now, right? If anything call out the people who knew about it and let it slide

Afrocious

Shit like that... Ppl in other countries who think shit like that is cool makes me afraid for traveling around the world. I feel if someone said some racist shit to me, I'd floor them and I'd have Interpol trying to catch me.

Kreed

I know you old, but my parents who were alive in the sixties say the election cycle was never this bad. Also, that's sorta tangential to the politics. People getting got for the black vote wasn't a campaign stance. Trump's fuck you non white, non male, non straight, non Christian, non Americans is.

Your parents might not have been paying attention. Hell, back around the time Slayven took his 5th or 6th dip in the Lazerus pit, politicians could be in the KKK with no problems.

Malyse

Spoilers for the Brothers Grimsby movie I doubt any of you were going to go see.

Trying to get us back on your side after that Oscars thing, huh?
Your parents might not have been paying attention. Hell, back around the time Slayven took his 5th or 6th dip in the Lazerus pit, politicians could be in the KKK members with no problems.

Trump rallies are KKK and Nazi meetings moonlighting.

Edit: the difference is the gap. Like, the dumb kid gets a C and you're like, well good on you dumb kid. The smart kids gets a C and you're like, well what the fuck happened? You expect that shit 60 years ago. But now? We theoretically are better than this. That's why it's so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom