• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

I'm just going to leave this incredibly stupid comment here about Uncharted 4's accessibility options.

Begin Empire Spoiler

G3CofI4.gif

End Empire Spoiler

Numb

The jury's still out on whether or not that one can act. She's entrancing to look at from the right angles, but I've yet to see any talent there. That's not really a slight towards her though. Arrow is so bad, it takes would be good performances on shitty material, and drops it all down a well half filled with guano.
Entrancing indeed
Always did want to see her out of Arrow.
Twitch chat is YouTube comments-tier, so this is sadly not surprising. Dunno what they can do short of disabling chat or mass bannings though.
Twitch chat is somehow worse since it's live and can actually have negative effects on the streamer immediately

D i Z

you ever wish that you were the target demographic so that just once you could understand the world around you and why it is?

To be honest, I've never thought of it that way. As in, I've never taken issue with not being the target demo. More so than not, appreciated my perspective from my lawn chair across the street.

Jubliee knows what I'm talking 'bout!

Finally time to buy a Vita.

Something new drop? I love my Vita and protect it fiercely. Locked away in its velvet box... in the vault... behind the protective glass...

D i Z

According to reports that was the most screen time and lines that Jubliee got that semester..

Somebody call that number

akira28

Me every time I see anime

love your new avatar, brother.

To be honest, I've never thought of it that way. As in, I've never taken issue with not being the target demo. More so than not, appreciated my perspective from my lawn chair across the street.

lol I meant it in more of a 'walk a mile in their Dragon Ball Z sweatshirt hoodies' sort of way, not expecting anything to cater to me of course.

I'm pretty good at understanding why people like most things they do
good at understanding others and empathic interpetation is something, but getting it on a gut level, like a well worn in love pillow pair of boots I just...
that's a level of understanding that is hart to attain.

Aiustis

For Vita few rougelikes with cross buy popped up and remote play looks good. Also creepy games...
Monster Monpiece is my shit.

Remote play is...mediocre at best in fact the money I got from Sony says that should not be on your short list of reasons to buy a Vita;

That said, there are plenty of awesome games especially for the indie loving crowd, people who didn't own a psp and the weeb crowd. And the Vita is the third best way to play Shovel Knight

D i Z

love your new avatar, brother.

lol I meant it in more of a 'walk a mile in their Dragon Ball Z sweatshirt hoodies' sort of way, not expecting anything to cater to me of course.

good at understanding others and empathic interpetation is something, but getting it on a gut level, like a well worn in love pillow pair of boots I just...
that's a level of understanding that is hart to attain.

Not sure I follow then. Are you saying that you don't like stuff on that level, or that you wonder at the appreciation of stuff that you see other people really liking? Like fandoms? Why would you do that to yourself... *Paging Malyse*

D i Z

I've hit that part of the day when you haven't been doing shit at work, and then the paranoia that they know that you ain't been doing shit is kicking in.

Obvious solution: Find something new to browse.

akira28

Not sure I follow then. Are you saying that you don't like stuff on that level, or that you wonder at the appreciation of stuff that you see other people really liking? Like fandoms? Why would you do that to yourself... *Paging Malyse*

I would love to see the world through DD's eyes, not even lying. I believe I would benefit and be inspired.

I understand things on a certain level, but I sometimes find myself wishing I could tap into that verve, at will, just by morphing my mind around the thing and to feel what others feel about that particular thing.

the slime with boobs on the brain put me on that particular tangent, even though I think that might be an inside joke from the art team.

I would love to see the world through DD's eyes, not even lying. I believe I would benefit and be inspired.

I understand things on a certain level, but I sometimes find myself wishing I could tap into that verve, at will, just by morphing my mind around the thing and to feel what others feel about that particular thing.
bruh

Malyse

Is it self analysis time?

Basically, seeing things through my eyes is more or less loving everything. You either love it for being good (Enchanted, Stardust), love it for being terrible (Snakes on a Plane), love it for its ambitious failure (Rogue Ops on PS2), or just love that it exists at all (Disney Magical World, Style Savvy, Spectrobes Origins). Also, you have to do whatever the most fun option is in any given circumstance, especially if it can provoke a response from others or cause chaos. And you have to put way too much thought into things. And charts.

Oh and you have to support nonstandard media representation. So non white, non male, and queer leads in virtually everything.
That's why all my characters are minorities, most of them are female or gender less, and almost none are heterosexual

The whole anti fandom thing is as much to do with not being into the groupthink concept as not being limited to solitary interests. It's sorta like this: I consider fandom to be like being a supporter of a specific sports team. I really don't care who's playing, I just want to see a thrilling game.
Huh.

Ok then.

I'm a fantastic human. I would make you hate how much you liked me, cause I'm so damn charming and charismatic. No false modesty here.

akira28

finding the love in whatever you see, whatever it is, or causing mischief or chaos to catalyse things. interesting. maybe I can try to adhere to the first one.

Malyse

finding the love in whatever you see, whatever it is, or causing mischief or chaos to catalyse things. interesting. maybe I can try to adhere to the first one.
Life is much more interesting when you just like stuff. Granted there are a handful of things that I don't like, but it's more the exception. I'm like, the anti G-Fex.

-----

Oh here's a fun one: what were you like in school?

My teachers were completely frustrated by me: I would cut up in class to a ridiculous extent and do virtually no homework, because I had used the course outline to calculate that I could still get an A if I just aced all the quizzes and tests. I was student council and in choir and theater and was *constantly* scouted by sports teams to play. I hung out with the popular kids, but all the other cliques liked me too.

It's kinda incredible that I ever ended up with depression.

LionPride

Banned
Yall see what happened with Hotfiyastarter and hashtags? TBGWT ended up getting caught in the middle. I'm on the side of Fiyastarter, they have gotten no recognition for this stuff and that's messed up. Kriss from Insanitycheck brought up a good point, if this was Black Twitter vs a white person, people would be with Fiyastarter. But because of an article and many other incidents, Fiyastarter finally called niggas out

Malyse

I was paging to have you bust out your dissertation on the evils of fandoms, not to encourage that behaviour.

I was super cynical for a few years, but that was no way to live. I still think fandom is dumb fans and would never want to be counted in that number, but I don't hate them. There's only a handful of things I'm actually passionate about and most of them are dead, dormant, or so damned esoteric that no one is talking about them. For example: biggest game release of 2016 for me? Cross-Code.

LionPride

Banned
Seeing folks act a damn fool over what was said on HFS is really weird. And even after Rod came out and said he understood why they were mad, and even after he said niggas need to stop saying they don't even know who HFS are because they are part of the problem, people still wanna act dumb

Yall see what happened with Hotfiyastarter and hashtags? TBGWT ended up getting caught in the middle. I'm on the side of Fiyastarter, they have gotten no recognition for this stuff and that's messed up. Kriss from Insanitycheck brought up a good point, if this was Black Twitter vs a white person, people would be with Fiyastarter. But because of an article and many other incidents, Fiyastarter finally called niggas out

Yeah, I saw it. Fiyastarter is in the right. TBGWT realized the mistake and apologized and are not using the hashtag anymore. I consider the matter settled, save for the crap journalist who did not perform due diligence and research.

In the end, Fiyastarter are the originators of demthrones, and TBGWT merely popularized the phrase as a hashtag in a well-meaning but mistaken way. And Kriss is right.

LionPride

Banned
Yeah, I saw it. Fiyastarter is in the right. TBGWT realized the mistake and apologized and are not using the hashtag anymore. I consider the matter settled, save for the crap journalist who did not perform due diligence and research.

In the end, Fiyastarter are the originators of demthrones, and TBGWT merely popularized the phrase as a hashtag in a well-meaning but mistaken way. And Kriss is right.
Vox emailed KBadd, TKO, and Basa so hopefully things will slowly get better

Slayven

Damn shit goes down when I don't watch twitter

Slayven

I got out of school, loaded up the Fiyastarter pod and hopped on Twitter the moment the opening segment ended. Twas wild

I just skimmed. Fiyastarter have every right over being made someone getting shine for what they did. But to be fair Rod and crew always gave them credit. Just hope no one gets up in their feelings

I didn't know things got serious, listening to their podcast now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom