• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Fuck yeah they do. But google have already said that they have no intention of introducing fibre here in the U.K. ��

Simpsons-nelson-ha-ha-93-p-672x480_zpsa1421178.jpg

jk my dude. jk

The InHumans is back. They just hired a writer apparently.

BigDes

Fuck yeah they do. But google have already said that they have no intention of introducing fibre here in the U.K. 😭
To be fair we already have companies bringing in fibre.

BT and Virgin both offer unlimited fibre for a decentish price if you cab get it

Slayven

Hey guys have you heard of this gamergate thing. Apparently women are devious witches that want yo destroy videogames. I dont have an opinion on it but wow it really makes you think huh. Neutral.
They swear they are cute with that bullshit. Then say "I don't know guys just teach me"

To be fair we already have companies bringing in fibre.

BT and Virgin both offer unlimited fibre for a decentish price if you cab get it

Only now? Damn, i never guessed that Portugal was that far ahead of the UK with this. Fiber as been a normal thing here since ...eh...7 years ago?

These prescriptions for my latest back problems are making me have the most vivid ass dreams. This time I was transported back to the 80s and was watching the Victory Tour live... dark skinned Mike and everything. Shit was poppin.

andthebeatgoeson

Small update. I've started intermittent fasting, one or two days out the week. Go for 24 hours without food. Usually, I'll go from dinner to dinner. Sparked by my prediabetes and science. And a desire to not feel so chained to food.

I associate hunger with headaches, feeling like shit, migraines, irritability. I still have a BMI of 26 or 27. So, I wanted to try something new. And I hit a weight loss plateau, so I wanted to really try something new. And I lost 15 lbs but my HgA1c was still 6.

I'm still on a plan to drop another 30 lbs.

The science is that when you eat, every few hours, your insulin doesn't allow you to burn fat. Insulin goes up, converts sugar to fat, can never really burn the fat. When you fast, insulin goes down, you use up your glycogen in your liver and muscle, and hopefully, burn some fat.

Since prediabetes is becoming insulin resistant, lowering my insulin levels and glucose levels MAY cause me change my body. So, on monday and friday, I'll fast for 24 hours. I've done it 5 times. It wasn't bad. Got a little jittery but I suprisingly didn't have any other the things I was worried about. At the end of 24 hours, you are hungry but not in a way that makes you want to murder someone. So, I feel like I'm working on my willpower. 4 weeks ago, I would have laughed at the idea of going so long without food. Now, I know I can do it.

Two, I broke thru the 220 barrier and dropped 3-4 lbs. I've done it while working and I've even lifted weights while fasting. No real change. I lowered how much exercise I did; lessened the sets I was doing. Exercise usually causes the hunger to go away. Weird.

I get real hungry before working out, thinking about it. But during and after working out, my hunger goes down.

Other theories that lead me to this is how humans were not eating 3 meals a day 1000 years ago. So, if they could survive, so can I. From an evolutionary standpoint, it makes no sense for humans to survive for 20000 not eating 3 meals a day to where we are. Also, *tin foil hat on*, there's something in the food. Fuck what y'all say, it's killing us slowly.

Not to say I'm encouraging people to do it but I figured I should talk about it. My Muslim brothers fast once a year, for a month straight. So, why can't I?

It's been enlightening. I'm down with it going forward, even if I decide to modify it over time. Maybe 24 hours is too optimistic but 16 hour fasts are more sustainable for a life long process? I don't know. I'm in uncharted territory. My family dynamic was that food was great and a great way for the family to come together. And when my mom was actually on food stamps and we got government cheese, you actually had to 'clean your plate' or other people in the family would suffer from being wasteful. Now, I don't have to worry about that, luckily but the habits remain. The habit to finish 'all of your food' no matter what you actually feel or desire.

It's a complex issue and I see spiritual elements within it. How much does one man need from the Earth?

Either way, wish me luck in my process to drop a kid (30 lbs is a small child). I'm fuckin excited to lose more weight and get to the point where I can be healthy and reach 90 years old and be still full of life. Run with my future grandkids and drop knowledge. I don't want some bum ass coon spitting hotep bullshit. I want to be 70, clowning people, like, 'That's some bullshit ass respectability politics and I can't stand that shit!'

Sch1sm

Happy morning guys

----

Library brought Dark Souls 3
Time to die

Literally time to die. Hope you don't get too stun locked to shit. That game was a trip to get through. Hopefully they fixed it in later patches, since I beat it within a few days of release, but God damn, that shit is broken.

If you haven't started yet, I suggest that you don't go for a heavy build since poise is dead, and you'll stagger like an assassin in light armour at a hit (minus the death bit that's imminent for a hit light build).

Numb

Literally time to die. Hope you don't get too stun locked to shit. That game was a trip to get through. Hopefully they fixed it in later patches, since I beat it within a few days of release, but God damn, that shit is broken.

If you haven't started yet, I suggest that you don't go for a heavy build since poise is dead, and you'll stagger like an assassin in light armour at a hit (minus the death bit that's imminent for a hit light build).

It was usually my playstyle to live behind a shield with huge armor and swords
Thanks for the warning

Johndoey

Banned
I finally watched those Overwatch shorts, and boy that is some trite shit right there. I assume when people say they're good they only refer to the visuals.

Gattsu25

Banned

Yeah.

I've always played as dodge heavy builds (even my full* havel's character from DS2 was a fast roller) so it didn't impact me too much but I know people that had to completely change up their playstyle.
I finally watched those Overwatch shorts, and boy that is some trite shit right there. I assume when people say they're good they only refer to the visuals.
I only watched the first two for exactly that reason.

They have an amazing set of characters and it seems like they have no idea what to do with them outside of making a fantastic game, heh.

*Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure I used a different shield, so not *full* full havel's

So my office is having a little birthday lunch and this chick brought some bbq wings. I gra 2 of them right and I take a bite and that shit was soggy as fuck and no damn taste to it. Like how in the hell do you have bbq wings and still have not even a bit of flavor to it?

Slayven

So my office is having a little birthday lunch and this chick brought some bbq wings. I gra 2 of them right and I take a bite and that shit was soggy as fuck and no damn taste to it. Like how in the hell do you have bbq wings and still have not even a bit of flavor to it?

Did she get Gordon to cook them?

Dai101

Banned

Did she properly cooked them? That sounds nasty, also, enjoy your salmonella.

Howdy y'all!!

Good morning **checks clock

Yes, still morning.

BigDes

So a new steak place opened up near my work so I went there for lunch to check it out

The condiment for my steak was two other steaks

I'm trying to follow what's going on with what I believe are black podcasts (I don't really listen to them). Somehow the Coli is involved, and there's a thread.... And I'm totally lost.

BigDes

What did they do?

Sega told Atlus to sabotage the NISA publishing deal so that there was no publisher for Atlus games in Europe.

Then they said that they didn't give a fuck about publishing Atlus games in Europe

Now today they are totally almost ready to exist that the concept of Europe may in fact exist, for some people.

Slayven

My shit'll make your asshole burn..
Sound like a OT thread
Sega told Atlus to sabotage the NISA publishing deal so that there was no publisher for Atlus games in Europe.

Then they said that they didn't give a fuck about publishing Atlus games in Europe

Now today they are totally almost ready to exist that the concept of Europe may in fact exist, for some people.

They playing Sonic Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom