• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
Back when niggas was wrecking themselves on heroin they were fucking low class trash, pretty white kids use their trust funds to get shit their poor lost souls begging for help.

Slayven

I used to hire people where I worked. It's all about confidence. Believe in yourself and it will show that you know what you are doing but also that you are capible of handling whatever the job requirements are. Make sure to make eye contact show respect to receive it. You got this just relax. Good luck.

Oh and PS not a (man) lol

So you got some good interview stories?

I had my first argument with my dad last night over some dumb shit (I"m 26 and I handle my shit finances, job, family,etc). Anyways we playing a game it was him, his friend, and me and I called his friend by his first name and then my dad comes back across and emphasizes "Mr. First name". So I'm like its whatever and go about what I'm doing. Later my dad tells me to call him and then he says "Don't ever embarrass me like that in front of my friend again." Then the shit went from 0 to 100 and we start arguing and shit and then I say "I take care of my fucking kids, take care of my fucking responsibilities, and I"m fucking independent and I deserve to be talked to as a man and not a child." Then my dad starts going off saying I'm dead to him and that I'm a sorry mothafucka and that he never wants to see me etc.

Now I know I fucked up with the cursing shit and I definitely crossed the line. And I know the shit was stupid and I should of just shut up and color but man its frustrating to me that they make comments like that and then get confused on why I'm upset. Cause that shit to me seem like some condescending shit and like they still look down on me. Right now idk what to do right now.

latest

Damn a new thread.......

Johndoey

Banned
I had my first argument with my dad last night over some dumb shit (I"m 26 and I handle my shit finances, job, family,etc). Anyways we playing a game it was him, his friend, and me and I called his friend by his first name and then my dad comes back across and emphasizes "Mr. First name". So I'm like its whatever and go about what I'm doing. Later my dad tells me to call him and then he says "Don't ever embarrass me like that in front of my friend again." Then the shit went from 0 to 100 and we start arguing and shit and then I say "I take care of my fucking kids, take care of my fucking responsibilities, and I"m fucking independent and I deserve to be talked to as a man and not a child." Then my dad starts going off saying I'm dead to him and that I'm a sorry mothafucka and that he never wants to see me etc.

Now I know I fucked up with the cursing shit and I definitely crossed the line. And I know the shit was stupid and I should of just shut up and color but man its frustrating to me that they make comments like that and then get confused on why I'm upset. Cause that shit to me seem like some condescending shit and like they still look down on me. Right now idk what to do right now.
You didn't back down and you made your point known, if your father and you are reasonable this incident should blow over in a few days. Give it like 12 hours then speak with him.

Edit: I made a cool beetle buddy for awhile now he's chilling on some bark somewhere.

Damn! Over not saying Mr?? The fuck were y'all drinking? Yeah..he took that shit a bit far.

JeanGrey

So you got some good interview stories?

Yup!!! Word of advice if you do drugs don't go and get all surprised when you get a drug test and fail it.

Oh and make sure you bathe and wear appropriate clothing. Just cause you gotta doesn't mean you gotta show it.
Leave that for the club. Some people have no common sense. You meet alot of "different" people.

There was this one guy I though was a girl but people kept making fun of him calling him wannabe Prince and just plain being cruel. He was a shy older guy with a sweet heart.I went outta my way to make sure that he passed all his test and we became very good friends. He was great with the customers and that is what I needed.

Slayven

Yup!!! Word of advice if you do drugs don't go and get all surprised when you get a drug test and fail it.

Oh and make sure you bathe and wear appropriate clothing. Just cause you gotta doesn't mean you gotta show it.
Leave that for the club. Some people have no common sense. You meet alot of "different" people.

There was this one guy I though was a girl but people kept making fun of him calling him wannabe Prince and just plain being cruel. He was a shy older guy with a sweet heart.I went outta my way to make sure that he passed all his test and we became very good friends. He was great with the customers and that is what I needed.

Would say that goes without saying, but then i read threads here.

andthebeatgoeson

Daylight Savings is great because it fucks everyone's day up, that shits hilarious.
On a Sunday. That you know is coming. I usually interpret shit like, 'It doesn't really bother me or I would have gone to sleep earlier but it's Sunday so I'll act like it's the devil.'

Sometimes, people post like it was some unforeseeable thing that completely caught them off guard. I hate for people to fly in an airplane.

You have Saturday night and now Sunday night to catch up. And you can take a nap today, right now.

To me, it's a minor annoyance. It's so minor, most don't even plan for it.

akira28

my dad taught me to respect elders with mr unless they told me to do otherwise. But he would never check me in private like your dad did you, because he knows those checks gone bounce. He needed to talk to you like an adult. He needs to be more worried about how you think and feel than how his friend might react to someone calling him his first name. You're not 6 anymore and this dude isn't "Uncle Joe".

It sounds like your dad is having some respect, control issues. thats fucked up, and he needs to deal with them himself.

"I'm dead to you? Nigga you're dead to me, you're gonna be dead a whole sooner than I will and you need to be worried about whether anyone is going to give a shit, old man."

andthebeatgoeson

We weren't drinking anything thats just how my parents are.
Sorry to hear. You're 26, not a lot of people expect to be addressed as Mr from a 26 year old. And he turned it up to 11 with that crap about how you're sorry.

Unfortunately, a lot of parents have trouble adjusting to their kids growing up. You'll see a ton of articles and news on kids not leaving the nest but parents failing to adjust to their grown kids in a new era is a constant story.

Are you still home? If so, start planning to bail. I know it's harder now but a break might be in the future.

"I'm dead to you? Nigga you're dead to me, you're gonna be dead a whole sooner than I will and you need to be worried about whether anyone is going to give a shit, old man."
Yeesh.

But true. That will definitely set things off but no lies detected.

Sorry to hear. You're 26, not a lot of people expect to be addressed as Mr from a 26 year old. And he turned it up to 11 with that crap about how you're sorry.

Unfortunately, a lot of parents have trouble adjusting to their kids growing up. You'll see a ton of articles and news on kids not leaving the nest but parents failing to adjust to their grown kids in a new era is a constant story.

Are you still home? If so, start planning to bail. I know it's harder now but a break might be in the future.

I've been on my own since 18 my parents live in Florida and I live in Oklahoma.

D i Z

I just watched Rachel Maddow's coverage of what lead up to the Chicago dust up. Not a good way to start the day. This guy Trump is going to get someone killed.

D i Z

People like him already have.

It's interesting that there is such a dance around who his supporters really are, and how to classify them within the context of their own behavior or beliefs. Donald's rhetoric and ideology is borrowed from the very crowd that he's speaking to, yet the onus is on his shoulders and not the values of these people. The obfuscation and gesturing this all into the direction of Trump simply to shield their fragile dispositions needs to stop.
These people need to be called out directly and held accountable for their backwards ass ways. Hard times are already on the books.
There's no way to sidestep the shit storm that's been brewing for generations. This thing needs to be handled directly and not in the usual manner of post racial head in the sand bullshit.

From last page (or 2)

Unfortunately that's not even going to be filed away as an atrocity attributing to this larger campaign of fueling and using white fear. Not even indirectly.

akira28

Yeesh.

But true. That will definitely set things off but no lies detected.

lol, yeah don't use that. that's from the worst possible timeline. give him some time. tell him you're sorry, but tell him you're offended he came to you like he did. If he can't even accept that, he's the one with a problem and let him sit with it. Its not our jobs to carry our parents emotional crap.

(there is this undercurrent of "proper home training, good ole days, whats wrong with society" grapevine going through the older community, I've noticed. People not calling their elders Mr. or Sir or Mrs. has become an indication of low social education, and ultimately a reflection on one's rearing, i.e. the parent. Blame 50-70 year olds suddenly listening to Steve Harvey like his zoot suits have ordained him as some kind of soul priest. Mistaking him for TD Jakes or something I guess. )

Was this a one time thing or is she inviting third wheels a lot?

This was my second date with her, but yeah, once that third wheel got involved, the chemistry got hit with a stone cold stunner.

Kinda sour about it because I feel like if I get the "just friends" spiel, it'll be for reasons beyond me. Lack of chemistry is one thing (and I'm kinda wondering if it was even there in the first place), but outside interference ending things is the worst.

Malyse

Yo Slayven,

I think i know the answer to this, but break it down for us.

Black Panther vs Spidey.

Who wins?

Is Spider-Man's aunt dying or nah?

----

FUCK.,
GAME.
DEVELOPMENT.
Jesus my head hurts.
And this isn't even the engine I want to develop in.

Dai101

Banned
But, how do you know it actually changed, and isn't just an April fools joke?

Well for starters we don't actually celebrate aprils fool. The equivalent would be dec. 28 Dia de los Santos Inocentes, and is waaaaaaaaaay tamer than april fools.

And days before we have government PSA's telling us to adjust our clocks the night before.

Border states up north have already changed to DST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom