• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftwerk

You guys see Morgan Freeman in the Ben-Hur remake trailer;

Ke9HHEv.jpg

Man, TWIB without Aaron is gonna be weird. I wish him all the best though, I can only imagine the effects all the recent changes in his life would have.

Dai101

Banned
Maybe he'll start joining the recurring casts of Adam Sandler's movies. That's how you know actors don't give a fuck anymore, like Steve Buscemi.

Come on. Dude was in Boardwalk Empire. Besides as Eddie Murphy said, an oscar looks nice in the fireplace but doesn't pay the bills.

Johndoey

Banned
Is that always the case? How did we get to the point where it's troubling for people to expand their view?

There has to be a start. A baby step. We all take them, right?
But it's like this really creepy humble-bragging it makes the entire thing seem insincere and cynical.

Edit: Of course insincere and cynical describes a lot of charity but still.

Plz concede, Senator.

I'm actually interested in his post candidacy game. Is the movement about him or everyone? Will he try and have some influence and help down ticket elections or will he go back to being an independent senator who attacks the left? Was he only interested in the democratic machine for selfish reasons or does he truly want change? I guess we'll see over the next 12 months.

his post candidacy game is probably Scrabble and no one around him mentioning black people til his funeral and getting a cousin of MLK and maybe Obama

Been going to bed at 3 AM due to Stardew Valley.

I'm fucking myself up something awful.

didn't realize that the game was out on PC and just assumed it was out on steam instead

Come on. Dude was in Boardwalk Empire. Besides as Eddie Murphy said, an oscar looks nice in the fireplace but doesn't pay the bills.

Oh yeah. I have a massive problem: I forget TV exists. I don't watch TV anymore, unless it's Netflix on my computer, or old movies from the 80s and before. So I forgot Boardwalk Empire existed.

Village

How broke is this nigga? Why is he in everything all the damn sudden?

You don't gotta be broke to want more money.

But I mean, if he wanted some dough, i'm sure if he would ask marvel nice enough they would probably make him someone since DC ditched him as Alfred.

Morgan freeman would make a good watcher voice.

Shy

Been going to bed at 3 AM due to Stardew Valley.

I'm fucking myself up something awful.
You're doing it right. Game is faaaantastic. I love it.
Huh, i might have to pick it up then.
So honestly a nuke in a major American city is bad, but from the size of the blast it wouldn't have been nearly the disaster they make it out to be. A bunch of people would've died and huge property damage no doubt but it wouldn't destroy Gotham.
It was a fusion device. Far more powerful.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You don't gotta be broke to want more money.

But I mean, if he wanted some dough, i'm sure if he would ask marvel nice enough they would probably make him someone since DC ditched him as Alfred.

Morgan freeman would make a good watcher voice.
Hey Slayven has the Watcher ever been portrayed as a black dude?

why do most people who kill Spider-Man end up becoming Spider-Man?

Because deep down, people envy and wish they were Parker. It's why JJJ fights against him and hates him so hard in the comics.

The movie version really wasn't the character at all below the surface. He put on the suit once as a joke, but comics JJJ would hide in his closet and pretend to be Spidey when no one was around.

zeemumu

Because deep down, people envy and wish they were Parker. It's why JJJ fights against him and hates him so hard in the comics.

The movie version really wasn't the character at all. He put on the suit once as a joke, but comics JJJ would hide in his closet and pretend to be Spidey when no one was around.

I don't envy Peter's life. For every good thing there's been a dozen awful things. I admire Spidey's ability to bounce back from all the shit he's been dealt stronger than ever, but not his life.

Slayven

The movie version really wasn't the character at all below the surface. He put on the suit once as a joke, but comics JJJ would hide in his closet and pretend to be Spidey when no one was around.

I like that in Spider Island when Shang Chi got Spdierman powers it blew his mind from all the power he he had. He was in awe at how humble Peter was

I don't envy Peter's life. For every good thing there's been a dozen awful things. I admire Spidey's ability to bounce back from all the shit he's been dealt stronger than ever, but not his life.

They don't know what Peter's life is like, and because they aren't good people, they could care less about whether or not people love them, or they try to brute force people to admire them. They only see his strength, his goodness, his character, and his ability to win. When Doc got the biggest look ever inside Peter's life, he saw Peter's successes and the people who love and admire him. Doc didn't have to go through the struggles Peter did to get to that point.

I like that in Spider Island when Shang Chi got Spdierman powers it blew his mind from all the power he he had. He was in awe at how humble Peter was

Yeah, Spider Island is pretty great.

andthebeatgoeson

But it's like this really creepy humble-bragging it makes the entire thing seem insincere and cynical.

Edit: Of course insincere and cynical describes a lot of charity but still.
I know, there are some douche bags. But I see this line of thinking all over. I guess I'm comparing it to people who don't go out and help. Being proud you gave of yourself and went on a mission trip? I'm glad you went on a mission trip. You expanded your world view and seen some poor people. I worry we have 30% of the US population that gives no fucks about people outside of their neighborhood, let alone their city, home state, home country. They brag? Eh, could be really annoying. I just don't want to conflate pride with annoying behavior and a lot of times, I see that argument, I worry it is.
have the people go there and not take pictures

Pictures can't be the boundary, can they? Maybe the people are assholes but we take selfies doing every thing. Sex, mission trips, every piece of shit taco bell location or ruby tuesdays. And sometimes, all of the above. Hell, I took selfie videos the first time my oldest rode a big roller coaster. All I'm saying is some people get a sense of pride in helping people and take pictures.

When I volunteer at a homeless shelter, I usually take a selfie with the people I'm volunteering with. It's out of pride in being a good citizen, not trying to be a jerk to the people I'm helping. But this is a guy who's taken dick pics, lots of selfie videos and pictures and a small number of food pics.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuckin' Spider-Man. I hate Peter Parker. He's the worst. "Aw shucks" mentality...goddammit!

Guy like that gets bitten by a spider, he should have died. In real life we lost Slayer's guitarist because of a spider bite while he was cleaning his garage. Goddamn SLAYER, man. And he died because he was cleaning his garage out. God dammit Parker.

Slayven

Fuckin' Spider-Man. I hate Peter Parker. He's the worst. "Aw shucks" mentality...goddammit!

Guy like that gets bitten by a spider, he should have died. In real life we lost Slayer's guitarist because of a spider bite while he was cleaning his garage. Goddamn SLAYER, man. And he died because he was cleaning his garage out. God dammit Parker.

Shut up old man

Pictures can't be the boundary, can they? Maybe the people are assholes but we take selfies doing every thing. Sex, mission trips, every piece of shit taco bell location or ruby tuesdays. And sometimes, all of the above. Hell, I took selfie videos the first time my oldest rode a big roller coaster. All I'm saying is some people get a sense of pride in helping people and take pictures.

When I volunteer at a homeless shelter, I usually take a selfie with the people I'm volunteering with. It's out of pride in being a good citizen, not trying to be a jerk to the people I'm helping. But this is a guy who's taken dick pics, lots of selfie videos and pictures and a small number of food pics.

it's the step. the pictures imply another reason for being there. They need help not pictures the pride you get from helping is in your head not in a photo

Afrocious

Pictures are fine, but it is a reality that some people are more interested in doing something outside of their parents comfort zone instead of helping someone out, and these study abroad volunteer trips are taken for that reason.

Also it doesn't help these programs can alienate less privileged folks from lending assistance, perpetuating this cycle of well off kids flying to Africa to fill their instagrams

zeemumu

I have a strong need to read more Spider-Man now. In your opinions, what's the best spider man arc.

For the time being I'm gonna go hunt down a Spider-Man character analysis.

Slayven

I think sometimes people overthink industry stuff, nobody is going to invest millions of dollars in research and hardware and give it to someone they can't sue for those millions of dollars if they let competitors see it early

yesssss

Understatement of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom