• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

And awards. For a movie about a Mop!
joy_0.jpg

That's an awful haircut, I'll grant you. But calling her a mop?

And awards. For a movie about a Mop!
The fact that she won ANYTHING for American Hustle, a movie in which she alone is the biggest flaw, tells you all you need to know. Worst "acting" ever..she's just awful. Hollywood is trash..

---

Amazing how these post
This has to be fake?

this has to be staged right?
make it seem like Trump isn't the Republican front runner..

Afrocious

Did you guys peep that division thread? Pretty interesting article in OP. I also found this article through browsing the thread a little titled The Black Woman as Villain in The Division: Examining the Investment in the White Savior Industrial Complex . Short but interesting read.

Thread link

I think there should be more black villains. Or rather, I think there should be more black characters that aren't simple or trope-y for the sake of pushing a white protagonist's characterization.

Infinite

I think there should be more black villains. Or rather, I think there should be more black characters that aren't simple or trope-y for the sake of pushing a white protagonist's characterization.
Yeah I'm cool with the idea of a black villain and the person who wrote the article seems to be too. Although making the villain sorta of this CNN/Foxnews representation of movements like BLM makes me squeamish for the reasons the Killscreen article elaborates on.

shingi70

Banned
Something seems off about the X-men trailer,the style of the film looks a tad cheap compared to Civil War and Batman V Superman.

Also why is Storm a Villian.

Did you guys peep that division thread? Pretty interesting article in OP. I also found this article through browsing the thread a little titled The Black Woman as Villain in The Division: Examining the Investment in the White Savior Industrial Complex . Short but interesting read.

Thread link

It was very interesting. I've heard a few people on podcasts who've tried it out who noticed the grossness of gunning down what are ostensibly people just trying to survive this apocalyptic scenario.

Speaking on the gaming side topic, I always find it interesting the two different styles of minimization that always seem to crop up when some sort of politically tinged conversation about gaming comes up. One person acknowledging race but referencing BLM protests for "career criminals" and another using a 10 second snippet to discredit any claims of a race related political message.

Something seems off about the X-men trailer,the style of the film looks a tad cheap compared to Civil War and Batman V Superman.

Also why is Storm a Villian.

No idea about why they made Storm a horseman. But on that cheap feeling, for me I felt it most on some of the makeup close ups in the trailer. Compared to Civil War and BvS where you have either humans or CG suits, something about the made up human faces seems off

i give Ubisoft props having a decent amount of POC in their games

I will always give Ubi their due for Freedom Cry and Liberation. Especially the former, going around killing slavers in pre-revolution Haiti.... with my Haitian family and friends watching me doing so was pretty fucking great.

And in other news, my shipper heart brehs.... lol, Daisy Ridley posted a Finn x Rey fanart on her instagram in celebration of John Boyega's birthday.

Afrocious

I will always give Ubi their due for Freedom Cry and Liberation. Especially the former, going around killing slavers in pre-revolution Haiti.... with my Haitian family and friends watching me doing so was pretty fucking great.

And in other news, my shipper heart brehs.... lol, Daisy Ridley posted a Finn x Rey fanart on her instagram in celebration of John Boyega's birthday.

As much as I think it would be cool for Finn x Poe, I too have a soft spot for Finn x Rey.

ApharmdX

Banned
And yet she continues to get work. Dat privilege.

Not only does she continue to get work, but she was the highest-paid actress in Hollywood (and second overall only to RDJ, IIRC) in 2015? Shit's crazy. She ruins a lot of movies for me with her bad acting, I have to say it... why is she so beloved?

Not only does she continue to get work, but she was the highest-paid actress in Hollywood (and second overall only to RDJ, IIRC) in 2015? Shit's crazy. She ruins a lot of movies for me with her bad acting, I have to say it... why is she so beloved?

Blonde, blue-eyed. Looks like every white christian movie goer's sister, girlfriend, daughter, niece, the younger woman they wish they could bang behind their wife's back etc but with a little bit of edge but not too much. Completely serviceable as an actress and inoffensive in every way. Makes for a good cypher as well as "a great role model for my little girls". She's a cog that can fit in every hole and that makes her easy to utilize and in turn familiar.

So I've got to visit Germany and Luxembourg earlier this month and it was dope. I got so many odd looks for just skin color there, but it was out of curiosity more than hostility. Definitely going to visit more of Europe some time in the future.

Glad I can post more and do a little less lurking of the BCT. I missed out on some fun from the skimming I just did.

Well, I'm officially 19 today. I'll probably go out partying with some friends tonight to make up for how boring my 18th birthday was.

Happy B'day, Bronx! It sucks not being able to drink (if you're into that) and sometimes being blocked from bars, clubs, 21+ parties, etc. because of age, but hopefully you can find some good, or better, alternatives. From one young brotha to another. Enjoy yourself, man.

TheFlow

Banned
She was black in division? Lol I was not paying attention

Also division is a great game. Might go for the plat.

Haven't posted here in about a week but shoutout to my bros and sisters. Hilary vs trump

Dai101

Banned
Blonde, blue-eyed. Looks like every white christian movie goer's sister, girlfriend, daughter, niece, the younger woman they wish they could bang behind their wife's back etc but with a little bit of edge but not too much. Completely serviceable as an actress and inoffensive in every way. Makes for a good cypher as well as "a great role model for my little girls". She's a cog that can fit in every hole and that makes her easy to utilize and in turn familiar.

Yup. But just wait until her expiration date passes, she'll be forgotten for the next new it girl.

Also damn, to many Birthdayers around here. Hapy B-day Bronx alas

tumblr_mn10pxNO3Z1r41pjco1_500.gif

Maybe when you're 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom