• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't get over how fucked some people are....

I might have mentioned her once before. I worked with this girl for two years. She moved to another city. We have always been in contact.

She developed this really rare illness. Constant pain. Just very debilitating. She has to wait a few months to get government assistance. And she hates it since she is a person who has worked for the past few years without skipping a beat, and studying.

Now her family basically said they aren't going to support her since she is dying... And her roommates who own the house she is in told her to leave since she makes the house environment depressing, because she is close to death.

What the fuck. How can u even say such shit to people.

I'm gonns have her live in my house for a while until she gets more treatment.

Not saying this to pat myself on the back and be a hero... Just completely speechless at the lack of empathy from her friends and family.

This is a person who spent two years of her life, volunteering on a native American reserve and helping them day and night. And this is what people around her do to her...

Sorry for the rent.. This whole thing really infuriated me.

Great job Kraft. You're an angel! A lot of people like to live coumbaya ideals where "everyone has a story" and "no one is just mean for mean's sake" but I'm convinced that there are just some people out there who are just cruelty personified and selfishly value their own comfort above all else even to the detriment of others.

Johndoey

Banned
Can't get over how fucked some people are....

I might have mentioned her once before. I worked with this girl for two years. She moved to another city. We have always been in contact.

She developed this really rare illness. Constant pain. Just very debilitating. She has to wait a few months to get government assistance. And she hates it since she is a person who has worked for the past few years without skipping a beat, and studying.

Now her family basically said they aren't going to support her since she is dying... And her roommates who own the house she is in told her to leave since she makes the house environment depressing, because she is close to death.

What the fuck. How can u even say such shit to people.

I'm gonns have her live in my house for a while until she gets more treatment.

Not saying this to pat myself on the back and be a hero... Just completely speechless at the lack of empathy from her friends and family.

This is a person who spent two years of her life, volunteering on a native American reserve and helping them day and night. And this is what people around her do to her...

Sorry for the rent.. This whole thing really infuriated me.
You're great person Kraft, sorry this woman's support system dumped her like this.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I had you pegged for a mastodon, pal. Full of vascularity and striations.

So you're just picturing Slayven as a Master Roshi type of situation at this point. Like he's just a pervy old man drooling over k-pop stars and shit, but then in a pinch he can bulk the fuck up if he has to like help a white woman with her groceries.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So you're just picturing Slayven as a Master Roshi type of situation at this point. Like he's just a pervy old man drooling over k-pop stars and shit, but then in a pinch he can bulk the fuck up if he has to like help a white woman with her groceries.

Right now Slayven is looking like this to me, after the dryer story

jY4emAb.png

Slayven

lol y'all make me sound so racist. I hope there is never a documentary on my life and y'all get interviewed.

Johndoey

Banned
Slayven's that old dude that's been on the block longer than anyone else and just hangs around drinking Mad Dog on his porch and shouting out Asian women.

Shy

Anybody staying up late to watch Daredevil as soon as it drops. ?

Also. If you don't mind me asking, how many of you are getting Dark Souls 3, and on what system. ?

Johndoey

Banned

Also. If you don't mind me asking, how many of you are getting Dark Souls 3, and on what system. ?

I might pick up Dark Souls on ps4 but i'm getting seriously burnt out on medieval fantasy type stuff.

No, I'm watching it in the daylight. I've saved up 85 dollars for DS3 over a few months, and I'm getting it on PC. Just hope I can run it.

Still got to beat DS1. I beat Ornstein and Smough and the Four Kings and Sif and got burned out.

lordmrw

Not gonna stay up but I am planning on watching it this weekend. Looks like there's going to be a snowstorm from saturday til monday so I have nothing better to do.

More Amanda Waller types!

Yes. Oh hell yes.

She's cool.

This dude tho:

gusfring.jpg

Legitimately was afraid of this man.

Also hell yes. I always had this so very wrong theory that Walter White's story was an allegory for The Battle Of The White Man In America Against His Deepest Fears, and that Gus was a stand-in for Obama.

But yeah, more and more varied roles for PoC actors means the chance to play villains as well.

Yup. But just wait until her expiration date passes, she'll be forgotten for the next new it girl.

The minute she hits 30, she'll be playing mothers on Lifetime, and when she hits 35 she'll be playing grandmothers. If she gets any roles at all. Sexism is a serious problem in Hollywood, no matter how you feel about JLaw.

Also, I'm sorry, happy belated birthday, Jean Grey, and happy birthday Bronx Man, and happy birthday to anyone else I've missed.

Shy

I might pick up Dark Souls on ps4 but i'm getting seriously burnt out on medieval fantasy type stuff.
Yeah, i understand what you're saying.
Ill probably get it on PC.
YES and no.
No, I'm watching it in the daylight. I've saved up 85 dollars for DS3 over a few months, and I'm getting it on PC. Just hope I can run it.

Still got to beat DS1. I beat Ornstein and Smough and the Four Kings and Sif and got burned out.
Not gonna stay up but I am planning on watching it this weekend. Looks like there's going to be a snowstorm from saturday til monday so I have nothing better to do.
Yes, Yes - PC.
Cool. Thanks for the responses guys.

I've been staying up the last few days anyway just on a whim. Might as well watch the first ep while I'm at it.

And I don't buy the DkS games. I just have stuck to watching EpicNameBro play them

No , it don't cover assault even with the after the fact co-opt to shield her dumb ass. I can't go to bat for shit like this.
Do you. Use that word? I'll shit in your mouth..
Nah. Remember, you have to show them sympathy or they will never learn. A good ass whoopin' never taught anyone anything.

Bingo. It's 2016 and people should know better than to say that foul shit and expect us all to be forgiving.
Guess we're in the..minority.

Johndoey

Banned
Do you. Use that word? I'll shit in your mouth..

Man I used to go to school in Loxahatchee the student body was hovering at what felt like 85% white, I been called a nigger, I know the anger. You don't get to fuck up a chick then hide behind a real message. Fight if you want, but take some personal responsibility.

Man I used to go to school in Loxahatchee the student body was hovering at about 85% white, I been called a nigger, I know the anger. You don't get to fuck up a chick then hide behind a real message. Fight if you want, but take some personal responsibility.

I was one of three non-white people in my middle school (Catholic School).

Someone said it, got the hands, nobody supported his ass, didn't happen again.

Both are anecdotal, but my point is this... Don't let that shit slide.

Dai101

Banned

DAMN! I feeled that punch. Hot damn.

Yes. Oh hell yes.

Also hell yes. I always had this so very wrong theory that Walter White's story was an allegory for The Battle Of The White Man In America Against His Deepest Fears, and that Gus was a stand-in for Obama.

But yeah, more and more varied roles for PoC actors means the chance to play villains as well.

The minute she hits 30, she'll be playing mothers on Lifetime, and when she hits 35 she'll be playing grandmothers. If she gets any roles at all. Sexism is a serious problem in Hollywood, no matter how you feel about JLaw.

Also, I'm sorry, happy belated birthday, Jean Grey, and happy birthday Bronx Man, and happy birthday to anyone else I've missed.

Oh i'm very aware of that. Regardless of talent also, which in the case of miss jlaw...... well........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom