• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume everyone knows who would care at this point, but man Saga is pretty fucking great and everyone should buy it.
Also buy American Alien

Buy No Hero if you want to see awful things done with a human spine.

It's on my list to buy, wanted to read it when I first heard about it.

LionPride

Banned
Jon's Punisher is so good. If I do a monologue anytime it'll be the love one he said to Karen or the one he did in episode 3. Made me like Punisher a lot

Felt really productive today. Wrote a few pages of my novel after doing none for a while after getting pissed off and said at a contest closing submissions early, applied for a couple jobs, and worked on my portrait.

LionPride

Banned
Fuck Joss Whedon, tired of his ass

Let Shonda Rhimes do Runaways.
I used to think I liked Joss, then I realized that besides Firefly and his X-Men run I don't care about his style. Him not doing anything MCU related is good, him not making really anything is good. His style doesn't fit everything.

zeemumu

This Popeye's is shit but it's the only one for miles and the Church's is deeper into the city than I want to go this late.

Malyse

I used to think I liked Joss, then I realized that besides Firefly and his X-Men run I don't care about his style. Him not doing anything MCU related is good, him not making really anything is good. His style doesn't fit everything.
He wrote Runaways and I liked that arc. So yeah.

Felt really productive today. Wrote a few pages of my novel after doing none for a while after getting pissed off and said at a contest closing submissions early, applied for a couple jobs, and worked on my portrait.

Good shit. I need to write a few pages of my own book, I keep finding reasons not to sit down and write.

Screenshot-68-1.png

😕

Aiustis

I'm in Chicago. Forgot how much I like it here. Went to c2e2 and my cosplay was a success. Now time to get wasted somewhere.

Johndoey

Banned
Man that first Darkness game is just about the best thing to come out of that entire franchise funny how telling you less about Estacado makes him a more interesting character. And I say that as a sorta fan of the comics. Besides that how has Hellboy not had a great game yet? So many opportunities.

D i Z

Man that first Darkness game is just about the best thing to come out of that entire franchise funny how telling you less about Estacado makes him a more interesting character. And I say that as a sorta fan of the comics. Besides that how has Hellboy not had a great game yet? So many opportunities.

I didn't really dig the comic, but the game was fantastic.

Hot Damn.

Had an absolutely insane run of Cabaret tonight.

There's this intensely satirical number about how Nazis portrayed jews has gorillas.

It's these beautiful number where the Emcee dances with one of the Kit Kat Girls in a gorilla suit. And the punch line is that unlike Nazis who see jews as gorillas if they saw them through the eyes of the Emcee they'd be seen as people.

Anyway it's this upbeat number that ends with a heartbreaking and deathly serious Emcee saying If you could see her through my eyes... she wouldn't Look Jewish at all.

It's supposed to be this poignant introspective anti nazi rally against bigotry.

Anywho motherfuckers tonight laughed loudly when he said the line. Like what the fuck. I'm playing a patron of the club so I'm always on stage and I'm basically supposed to frequently look and stare at the audience. In fact our director instructed us to plsy the show as if we are all survivors of the Holocaust puttimg on the show as a fuck you to our oppressors and that the audience is essentially the Nuremberg trials. I gave those fucks a death glare. It droves the rest of the show for me into levels of emotion that I didn't expect and I was basically in tears and completely broken by the curtain call but it worked within the show but holy fuck was it a fucked up moment.

Song for reference.
https://youtu.be/yWRift_XRHE

Tl;dr there might have been some antisemitic people in the audience tonight.

jmood88

I hate that Starbreeze didn't make a sequel. That's one of my favorite games of all time.

Slayven

Had an absolutely insane run of Cabaret tonight.

There's this intensely satirical number about how Nazis portrayed jews has gorillas.

It's these beautiful number where the Emcee dances with one of the Kit Kat Girls in a gorilla suit. And the punch line is that unlike Nazis who see jews as gorillas if they saw them through the eyes of the Emcee they'd be seen as people.

Anyway it's this upbeat number that ends with a heartbreaking and deathly serious Emcee saying If you could see her through my eyes... she wouldn't Look Jewish at all.

It's supposed to be this poignant introspective anti nazi rally against bigotry.

Anywho motherfuckers tonight laughed loudly when he said the line. Like what the fuck. I'm playing a patron of the club so I'm always on stage and I'm basically supposed to frequently look and stare at the audience. In fact our director instructed us to plsy the show as if we are all survivors of the Holocaust puttimg on the show as a fuck you to our oppressors and that the audience is essentially the Nuremberg trials. I gave those fucks a death glare. It droves the rest of the show for me into levels of emotion that I didn't expect and I was basically in tears and completely broken by the curtain call but it worked within the show but holy fuck was it a fucked up moment.

Song for reference.
https://youtu.be/yWRift_XRHE

Tl;dr there might have been some antisemitic people in the audience tonight.
Happens too often with stuff that has a message
How goes it, my peoples?

Nothing much

could be better but i'm hanging in there.
i actually was really depressed about the fact that these days, nobody ever asks how someone is doing, they only want things from you or call you for help.
but this is a glimmer in the darkest of voids gordon.
I used to ask daily. I'll get back to it..😁

akira28

I always wanted to play the MC in Cabaret...

Happens too often with stuff that has a message

Nothing much

that's the danger of trying to convey a message instead of just plain spelling it out. people just might not understand what you're trying to say. but you did say something, and they definitely took away something from what you said, even if it was the wrong thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom