• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. Watching Coffy for the first time.

Finished Coffy. Pam Grier da gawdess!
banderas.png

I was so glad I watched this before I watched Sweet Sweetback. It's the perfect Blaxploitation film sans Shaft

Slayven

I always wanted to play the MC in Cabaret...

that's the danger of trying to convey a message instead of just plain spelling it out. people just might not understand what you're trying to say. but you did say something, and they definitely took away something from what you said, even if it was the wrong thing.

Dave Chappelle effect

I always wanted to play the MC in Cabaret...

that's the danger of trying to convey a message instead of just plain spelling it out. people just might not understand what you're trying to say. but you did say something, and they definitely took away something from what you said, even if it was the wrong thing.

Very true. It made for an interesting rest of show. We were all on edge and everything got ramped up significantly. Still blows my mind a bit because the music stops and the tone of voice is serious as serious can be, some people just can't read a room I guess

Then again this crowd also applauded right after the 1rst act ending Nazi propaganda song sung by the only actual Nazi in the show and the antisemitic prostitute that culminates with everyone but a few joining it and closes with a giant nazi symbol being projected above everyone. 3 seconds after the song despite many lighting cues and staging cues designed to not make them applaud they were all over it lol.

It was very much not a deep thinking crowd.

I actually knew they'd laugh at she wouldn't look Jewish at all based on their desire to clap for the nazi song so fast. Not to say they were Nazis just people who go to a show to be entertained and not think

Malyse

Very true. It made for an interesting rest of show. We were all on edge and everything got ramped up significantly. Still blows my mind a bit because the music stops and the tone of voice is serious as serious can be, some people just can't read a room I guess

Then again this crowd also applauded right after the 1rst act ending Nazi propaganda song sung by the only actual Nazi in the show and the antisemitic prostitute that culminates with everyone but a few joining it and closes with a giant nazi symbol being projected above everyone. 3 seconds after the song despite many lighting cues and staging cues designed to not make them applaud they were all over it lol.

It was very much not a deep thinking crowd.

I actually knew they'd laugh at she wouldn't look Jewish at all based on their desire to clap for the nazi song so fast. Not to say they were Nazis just people who go to a show to be entertained and not think

Prejudice is quite often deep seated.

----

God, I forgot how much I fucking love supercell. Ryo is my musical end goal. Hoshi ga Matataku Konna Yoru ni is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard and Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari is perfect on every level. The music video is equally brilliant.

----

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198725031&postcount=49

Kreed

Anyone remember Drinkycrow? He use to troll nintendo hardcore

I went from junior to member after calling out Drinky Cow for trolling Nintendo fans and getting into a back and forth with Amir0x for trying to "ruin the fun" back when he was a mod. Didn't really make sense at the time but in hindsight/after Amir0x was demodded it added up.

Slayven

I went from junior to member after calling out Drinky Cow for trolling Nintendo fans and getting into a back and forth with Amir0x for trying to "ruin the fun" back when he was a mod. Didn't really make sense at the time but in hindsight/after Amir0x was demodded it added up.

The gamecube hut will never not be funny

tumblr_nv9dptF9uP1qdmrf4o1_1280.jpg

Young Magus

Why was Amir0x demodded tho? (Had this question for while actually)

Sch1sm

'Sup people! How's this sunday treating all of you? Good i hope so.

Slept in til noon, woke up sore as all hell. I went rock climbing and bouldering at this indoor place yesterday for something like 4.5 hours and my arms have quit on me. Everything hurts. Relaxing day, though. Just watching B-horror movies and what I missed in all the fighter streams yesterday.

shingi70

Banned
When I used to Lurk I always wondered why Amiorx wasn't banned over the lying about drugs, and breaking some of the boards rules.

FyreWulff

Right, but since he was quoted by others, he had to edit those posts too. And since he was a mod there were no time stamps.

When I was a junior, my account glitched out. The forum software wouldn't promote me to Member, but I also had no time stamps when I edited. Was some sort of weird limbo state. When the mods forced my account to roll over, I suddenly started having time stamps.

I just realized that I've been on NeoGAF for 10 years!

I don't think I've ever been on a single forum for that long

List time

Ill Community (AllHipHop) 2005 - 2008
ThaCorner (AllHipHop spinoff site) 2008-2012
The Coli (SOHH/ProjectCovo spinoff) 2012 - present
NeoGAF 2014 - present

That's pretty much it, y'all couldn't pay me to post on Boxden (hate the layout), or KTT (Ye Stans)

I don't think I've ever been on a single forum for that long

List time

Ill Community (AllHipHop) 2005 - 2008
ThaCorner (AllHipHop spinoff site) 2008-2012
The Coli (SOHH/ProjectCovo spinoff) 2012 - present
NeoGAF 2014 - present

That's pretty much it, y'all couldn't pay me to post on Boxden (hate the layout), or KTT (Ye Stans)

Back in the early 2000's, I was kind of all over the place in terms of forums. When I joined Gaf in 2006, it turned out to be the forum to end all forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom