• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite argument is that I'm racist for saying white people are incapable of talking about race. White people are racist, they justify us being innocently murdered by the same thought processes that thinks we're worthy of being murdered to begin with. But I'm racist because I don't think white people can talk about race intelligently. Look at the disparity between those two things.

Love it.

Right?

I love making an argument and then watching them prove me right every time.

do3ZLlD.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Always interesting when gaming gets on this

yep

at least in off-topic you get the people who are actively looking to talk about stuff, for good or ill

in gaming, it's like these discussions are intruding on their little world, and so the defenses go up

Numb

yep

at least in off-topic you get the people who are actively looking to talk about stuff, for good or ill

in gaming, it's like these discussions are intruding on their little world, and so the defenses go up

Thread getting locked percentage on that side is much higher with race
People go too wild

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
why does it go from 0 -100 so quick?

Because when you criticize a game they love on a level other than gameplay or graphics, they read that as you saying they are a bad person for loving that game.

It's not just that the game isn't diverse enough, you are calling them a racist for liking it. It's not just that the game has awful female characters, you are calling them sexist for playing it.

jmood88

I'm surprised that this video doesn't have more views on YouTube

Because when you criticize a game they love on a level other than gameplay or graphics, they read that as you saying they are a bad person for loving that game.
And whenever representation is brought up, we get told that we can't complain because it was the developer's "vision!". Asking them to do better about doing stories beyond white guys is censorship but none of the other myriad of stupid-ass things people complain about on here are a problem.

well it's not like they talk to people frequently in the real world
lol..terrible.

Funny enough, I'm one of those that doesn't really care either way. Is it nice when it's there? Sure, as long as is isn't some caricature. Do I need it to be there? Nah, not really. I've been playing as elves, wizards, a ninja with a wolf, some space woman..whatever..it's not anything I, personally, care about.

Now, the idea that someone would like to see more variety/representation in a game or any other media is fine with me. My daughter tends to pick female characters in games..there's a reason for that. Every build my wife has made, from Demons to Bloodborne, has been female. Again, pretty sure there's a reason.

There's nothing wrong with that, and those that argue otherwise are just children that don't want you to mess with their favorite toy in class, even though it's meant to be for everyone. It's nonsense..

jmood88

I'm not out here boycotting games if they only have white characters but the minute you even talk about wishing games had more diverse protagonists, people lose their fucking minds and come up with the dumbest arguments in the world.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
"Lol outrage culture"

See your privaledge at the door please.
Man I wish I had it so good that I could be like "why does this matter?"

On a lighter note: anxiety is a bastard

Numb

I'm not out here boycotting games if they only have white characters but the minute you even talk about wishing games had more diverse protagonists, people lose their fucking minds and come up with the dumbest arguments in the world.

Had enough of generic brown-haired 30-something white guy protags?
You know there is an infinite amount left to be used

Crocodile

Hey guys what's goi

giphy.gif

Ok well I'm going to have to go through some past posts to figure out what's going on but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume it has something to do with that Stardew Valley diversity thread (I haven't even gone into the thread but it seemed like one of those threads)?

Also RIP Cindi, I hope whatever happened wasn't serious and she's back soon

EDIT: Yep I was right it was the Stardew thread LOL

As an aside, is Stardew Valley a good game? I hear its supposed to be like Space Harvest Moon and seems super popular. A new indie hit? I know so little about it.

Village

Have you liked a character who spent a good amount of time only seen in a suit, then you found out they were black.

That's a fun good feeling.

Reaper from overwatch dude.

I'm trying to limit the sadness caused by reading ignorant posts, so I'm avoiding that Stardew Valley thread just off the title.

My day generally goes better when I don't read posts that are racist or some other form of irredeemably stupid

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As an aside, is Stardew Valley a good game? I hear its supposed to be like Space Harvest Moon and seems super popular. A new indie hit? I know so little about it.

A+ game, no space. Superior Harvest Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom