• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ojisan and Marshmallow is not at all the anime I thought it was. I haven't been this surprised since School Live. And I haven't seen a dude this clueless in a long time.

I like the anime industry embracing shorts. Like, if you only need 5 minutes to tell your story, then only use 5 minutes.

I've been enjoying that show too and in terms of anime shorts, Galko-chan has been really great as well.

Malyse

anime has the worse time management of any medium.
Nah. You clearly haven't played as many JRPG's as me. A story mandatory fetch quest that involves getting a 10% drop from an enemy that only spawns in 5% of battles? And I need five and there is no way to buy them? Oh and early in the game I sold a few because how should I know I need this nondescript item later? No. That is an emperically false statement.

Slayven

Nah. You clearly haven't played as many JRPG's as me. A story mandatory fetch quest that involves getting a 10% drop from an enemy that only spawns in 5% of battles? And I need five and there is no way to buy them? Oh and early in the game I sold a few because how should I know I need this nondescript item later? No. That is an emperically false statement.

at least you are iinteracting.

But anime would have 5 minute stretches of just a character crying or reacting to something that happens. And repeatably in the same episode.

at least you are interesting.

But anime would have 5 minute stretches of just a character crying or reacting to something that happens. And repeatably in the same episode.

Oh the five minute reaction scene's where people are just surprised at whatever shit just happened? I noticed that rewatching Bleach. We literally sat there for a good minute watching people react and explain what we just saw in a inner monologue

Slayven

Oh the five minute reaction scene's where people are just surprised at whatever shit just happened? I noticed that rewatching Bleach. We literally sat there for a good minute watching people react and explain what we just saw in a inner monologue

Shit is even worse in one piece. Last couple eps they had 4 minute segments of a character just looking menacing. It is like it is 4:30pm and you trying to look busy until you get off at 5

Slayven

But is there any horse related anime tho?

latest

Crocodile

That's what happens when you try to adapt a comic to animation without some serious changes to account for the inherent differences in the media and how they treat time.

Stop watching bullshit shounen anime.

Also this. Watch less shit.

Shit is even worse in one piece. Last couple eps they had 4 minute segments of a character just looking menacing. It is like it is 4:30pm and you trying to look busy until you get off at 5

A) Toei sucks

B) Because they don't want to pass the manga (the source material) and because filler was ratings poison fo One Piece, they now adapt 1 chapter = 1 episode. It's been like that for a while. This is not a good thing at all but its the reason.

zeemumu

The main thing that I hated about Naruto was that every fight was interrupted with "[insert character here]'s always worked hard, ever since...*flashback*"

Go back and count how many flashbacks there are in the fight between Kiba and Naruto alone.

Gattsu25

Banned
Just finished Daredevil Season 2.

It was good.
The punisher and kingpin stuff was great. The elektra and stick stuff, not so much

jWILL253

Banned
I agree with anime being gross with time management.

Example: Goku needed THREE episodes to use the Spirit Bomb against Freiza, only for Freiza to no-sell it like he's John Cena going up against a Diva.

And yet, in only took one episode to nearly turn his own son into a jobber against Cell.

Dai101

Banned
I agree with anime being gross with time management.

Example: Goku needed THREE episodes to use the Spirit Bomb against Freiza, only for Freiza to no-sell it like he's John Cena going up against a Diva.

And yet, in only took one episode to nearly turn his own son into a jobber against Cell.

And don't fucking get me started on the whole bullshit that were those 5 minutes until blowout of Namek. just. ugh......

I feel like I DON'T want to know what you're referring to here..��

Probably NOT.

knLb.jpg

Most infamous horse in anime, and it's just horrible and gross. I'm so sorry.

Anyway, that madness aside, Dragonball is great for a weird reason. It basically takes decades of Hong Kong wuxia cinema history and compresses it into one story set around the Journey to the West story. It's basically a love letter to the history of a genre of cinema. Also Akira Toriyama just makes gorgeous art, but that's subjective.

cdyhybrid

Probably NOT.

knLb.jpg

Most infamous horse in anime, and it's just horrible and gross. I'm so sorry.

Anyway, that madness aside, Dragonball is great for a weird reason. It basically takes decades of Hong Kong wuxia cinema history and compresses it into one story set around the Journey to the West story. It's basically a love letter to the history of a genre of cinema. Also Akira Toriyama just makes gorgeous art, but that's subjective.

Nah, Chrono Trigger exists. Not subjective.

Jacir

WHICH ONE OF Y'ALLS COUSINS WAS THAT BLACK PROTESTER AT THE TRUMP RALLY YESTERDAY?

GODDAMN

Done fucked movement all up. Even my mom's texting me about this.

You guys probably know already that I havnt caught up with the current race (since first week of February), what happened? Link would be great.

Numb

That's what happens when you try to adapt a comic to animation without some serious changes to account for the inherent differences in the media and how they treat time.

Also this. Watch less shit.

yup
One of the biggest reasons i havent bothered with any anime for a long while.
Always better to go straight to the source material it is adapted from

Johndoey

Banned
I had an awful dream about this thread last night, I think I professed Slayven professed his undying love for Gordon then I started posting pictures of dismembered bodies? I was flabbergasted. It was horrifying.

Gattsu25

Banned
I don't remember my dreams anymore and I thank Christ for that. My last vivid dream was some legit nightmare fuel.

Still, why would you be posting pictures of bodies in your own dream?

Numb

I had an awful dream about this thread last night, I think I professed Slayven professed his undying love for Gordon then I started posting pictures of dismembered bodies? I was flabbergasted. It was horrifying.
Lol

I don't remember my dreams anymore and I thank Christ for that. My last vivid dream was some legit nightmare fuel.

Still, why would you be posting pictures of bodies in your own dream?
Never remembered mines except when something happens irl months or years later that then i remember i predicted to happen in one of my dreams. Freaky sometimes.

------

Warm sunshine plus snowing at the same time
Can't go out with heavy clothes cos of sweat but can't leave them cos of wet snow. Dammit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom