• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Wow. This SFV online shit is trash..lol. Decided I'd finally turn on fight request. Game loads slower. Takes forever. I've been watching the planet spin for over a minute now, as the game tries to connect me to whomever. The defending this thing gets is sad as fuck. Oh! 40002 error! 😕

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Racial threads in gaming can* get to nuke it from space territory. At least OT race threads have some subtlety in their offensiveness.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. This SFV online shit is trash..lol. Decided I'd finally turn on fight request. Game loads slower. Takes forever. I've been watching the planet spin for over a minute now, as the game tries to connect me to whomever. The defending this thing gets is sad as fuck. Oh! 40002 error! 😕

It's a shame the game is so fun to play, Capcom really shat the bed on everything besides that.

Racial threads in gaming can't get to nuke it from space territory. At least OT race threads have some subtlety in their offensiveness.
Nah. Same excuses. Same bullshit reasoning. Same "Why only black people" when OP didn't say anything of the sort. Same "force" shit repeated over and over. Just like OT..

It's a shame the game is so fun to play, Capcom really shat the bed on everything besides that.
It really IS! I'm enjoying it plenty, even though I know there's plenty left to learn. I just can't understand how this shit can be released in such a stupid state. I'm a huge fan of the franchise, and it just saddens me..

Waiting for that big march update that fixes everything

post-18879-Jon-Hamm-Yeah-Ok-gif-1dnC.gif

Fingers crossed tho..

EloquentM

aka Mannny
There's black doctors, actors, presidents, etc. white privaledge don't exist, you can do anything black people! Stop complaining. Lol we sweeping whole bodies under the rug racial issues in 2016 brehs

harSon

Banned
Racial threads in gaming can* get to nuke it from space territory. At least OT race threads have some subtlety in their offensiveness.

It depends what the thread is. Any insinuation that straight white cis males are on average, over represented and privileged - whether its Gaming Side or OT (or anywhere on the internet) - will be an absolute shit show.

I swear every couple of months I gotta repeat: y'all expected ____ from capcom?
I expect ______ from anyone who expects me to dish out money. Back in the day, that meant something. People have become such push overs that companies don't need a PR team to make excuses for them..their unbelievably lame fanboys do the job for free..tell me I'm wrong?

Numb

Fanboys protecting the people that took their money and gave them a shit product is one of the dumbest things. Some people aren't that forgiving to even their own families. They should be the maddest actually instead of making excuses for these companies

andthebeatgoeson

There's black doctors, actors, presidents, etc. white privaledge don't exist, you can do anything black people! Stop complaining. Lol we sweeping whole bodies under the rug racial issues in 2016 brehs
Until you get to those positions and you realize it's still segregated. Even with opportunity, there is separation.

jmood88

I expect ______ from anyone who expects me to dish out money. Back in the day, that meant something. People have become such push overs that companies don't need a PR team to make excuses for them..their unbelievably lame fanboys do the job for free..tell me I'm wrong?
You're not wrong but people need to stop letting them off the hook by buying this shit before it's done. They know that all the complaining in the world won't matter cause people will give them money anyway.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You ain't lying.

You're not wrong but people need to stop letting them off the hook by buying this shit before it's done. They know that all the complaining in the world won't matter cause people will give them money anyway.
And you're absolutely correct here. I had no idea that there'd be some staggered release of content instead of the full game..it all came as a surprise to me. I preordered the game last June on the day it was announced, and didn't realize the game was on its way until my daughter reminded me with a giant smile on her face (SF/MK is a really big family thing).

This is why I stopped preordering games from DICE years ago, because they're ALWAYS jacked the fuck up. I played BF4 at a friend's for about 10 minutes..never touched it again, it was so horrible. If you keep buying their shit broken, what's the incentive for them to do otherwise?

The Stardew thread sure is going places.

I honestly don't know how many more times I can hear "why does it matter", "why are you picking on this game", "the game matches real demographics" again. It's been repeated for like 4 pages now. You say it's going places, I think it's going in circles.

I have put more time into my few days of Pokken than my month of SFV. Star Platinum Machamp definitely helps but its tutorial should be a standard. I bought SFV early with intentions of learning it but I felt like it wasn't happening.
I just started reading it...I regret it already. People can deal with swords, sorcery, robots, fantasy, sci-fi, utopian and dystopian societies in non-real world settings but the second a lack of diversity is mentioned you're asking for too much.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member

It really is something.
People come in all defensive as if the OP was going for the devs' throats, but he was just voicing his disappointment and trying to branch a discussion relating to the lack of diversified characters in video-games. Also when more diversity is suggested, talks of "force" and "quotas" seem to always arise out of nothing.

The Stardew thread. SMH. White people in Wu-tang, y'all.
I will admit that post made me chuckle, mainly due to the ridiculousness of the comparison.

Sch1sm

I have put more time into my few days of Pokken than my month of SFV. Star Platinum Machamp definitely helps but its tutorial should be a standard. I bought SFV early with intentions of learning it but I felt like it wasn't happening.

I just started reading it...I regret it already. People can deal with swords, sorcery, robots, fantasy, sci-fi, utopian and dystopian societies in non-real world settings but the second a lack of diversity is mentioned you're asking for too much.

Once you have that token minority, all of them think it's ridiculous we'd ask for more. You already have Demetrius and his daughter! 2 in 100000000000 is an okay measure.

My favorite argument is that I'm racist for saying white people are incapable of talking about race. White people are racist, they justify us being innocently murdered by the same thought processes that thinks we're worthy of being murdered to begin with. But I'm racist because I don't think white people can talk about race intelligently. Look at the disparity between those two things.

Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom